"Christie Under Federal Investigation for Alleged Misuse of Hurricane Sandy Relief F"

You have got to be kidding me:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/chri...eged-misuse-of-hurricane-sandy-relief-funds/:
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, still grappling with the fallout from the biggest scandal of his political career, is now under federal investigation for alleged misappropriation of Hurricane Sandy emergency relief funds. According to CNN, federal investigators are looking into whether Christie improperly used any of the $25 million in funds to produce tourism ads for Jersey Shore, ads that featured Christie and his family.

Holder would never instigate a politically motivated investigation, would he?

Interesting theory by Steve Kornacki.

MSNBC host Steve Kornacki floated a new theory as to why New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's staff and appointees engineered the closure of two lanes leading into the George Washington Bridge last year.

"It wasn't just the everyday lives of commuters and residents that were altered or in some cases jeopardized by what happened in Fort Lee," Kornacki explained. "Something else was affected and possibly jeopardized, something of enormous economic and political significance."

Kornacki explained that there is currently a billion dollar development project in Fort Lee, right next to where the lane closures occurred. The project is a keystone of Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich's tenure.

As Kornacki explains, the closure of two of the three access lanes may have been part of a larger effort to shut them down for good, which could have significantly diminished potential investors' interest in the project. Close the lanes, and the entire project could be derailed.

Steve Kornacki Floats New Theory About Chris Christie's Bridge Scandal

And just as a point of interest;

Bookmakers laying odds on the 2016 presidential race have dropped Gov. Chris Christie's chances of winning the GOP nomination as the scandal over bridge closures at the George Washington Bridge continues to unfold.

Irish bookmaker Paddy Power, which as late as Thursday had Christie as the favorite to gain the Republican nomination - laying 4 to 1 odds on it - has dropped Christie behind Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. Christie's odds now stand at 9 to 2, slightly off those of Rubio, now at 4 to 1.

Bookmaker Ladbrokes has Christie and Rubio tied at 5 to 1, while William Hill still has Christie atop the field at 9 to 2, just off Rubio's 5 to 1 odds.

The odds of Christie beating likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton also have dropped, though they are still roughly in line with bookmakers' odds from November, just after his convincing reelection win.

Bookmakers drop the odds of Chris Christie winning GOP presidential nod | NJ.com

Where do you come up with the notion Christie was our "hero"? At the time he appeared to be the only Republican on the planet who would put human life above political gain. If you remember the Sandy Relief Bill did not have a single Republican vote for the longest time. Now Christie, who appeared to be the only Republican to put human life above political gain turns out to have only wanted the money for his personal use. Republican through and through. This is what liberals get for once again wanting to believe Republicans have any redeeming value whatsoever. They don't.

That bill didn't get Republican support because it was loaded with pork.

No, Republicans did not support the bill because doing so might make the Democrats look good. Instead, without any regard for human suffering, they tried their best to kill it using moronic slogans only the dumbest of Republicans would believe. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

Can you prove that? Of course you can't.

That bill didn't get Republican support because it was loaded with pork.

No, Republicans did not support the bill because doing so might make the Democrats look good. Instead, without any regard for human suffering, they tried their best to kill it using moronic slogans only the dumbest of Republicans would believe. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

Your denial should suffice. I would really like it if you could put my quotes in lights.

Your denial should suffice. I would really like it if you could put my quotes in lights.

excuse me......the GOP was against the bill as written because of all of the non sandy related pork in it.
They all agreed to sign it if it were a clean bill.

Seems you weren't paying attention at the time.

This was predictable. The last attempt to take him down didn't work out like they had hoped, so now it's time to dig for more. Doesn't even matter if they find anything, they'll still talk about this through 2016.

I do hope an investigation covers the whole relief effort because some states suffered much longer than the media cared to report.

well, the previous attempt was a lame stream media hysteria seizure.

This is a clear cut government persecution of the political foe.

Christie thought the Dems were his new BFF

LOL

With his bestest buddy obama leading the pack.

Christie office: Obama admin approved Jersey Shore TV ads | The Daily Caller

Republicans have got to learn not to take democrats at their word. They are liars. This should be a lesson to all republicans, especially rinos like John McCain. This is a war, democrats are the enemy and should not be trusted under any circumstances.

"It now appears that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) may have used funds earmarked to help victims of Hurricane Sandy for tourism ads he starred in during his reelection campaign."

"It is not rare, and not inherently wrong, for governors to star in tourism ads for their states. If the latest allegations are true, and funds designated for hurricane relief were used for tourism ads, this is different and creates two huge problems for Christie."

Read more: Christie campaign should reimburse Hurricane Sandy relief fund for tourism ads | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

LOL

Republicans have got to learn not to take democrats at their word. They are liars. This should be a lesson to all republicans, especially rinos like John McCain. This is a war, democrats are the enemy and should not be trusted under any circumstances.

If the link is indeed true, than any issues with compliance are now both issues for Christie AND Obama.

LOL

"It now appears that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) may have used funds earmarked to help victims of Hurricane Sandy for tourism ads he starred in during his reelection campaign."

"It is not rare, and not inherently wrong, for governors to star in tourism ads for their states. If the latest allegations are true, and funds designated for hurricane relief were used for tourism ads, this is different and creates two huge problems for Christie."

Read more: Christie campaign should reimburse Hurricane Sandy relief fund for tourism ads | TheHill

Wow. Christie is getting an education in the Dem scorched Earth tactics

Obama shived him good

LOL

Considering advertising to let people know the jersey shore was back in buisiness IS helping the victims, I fail to see the issue here.

LOL

I think you write this with a tongue in a cheek as I would assume you know that neither Christie nor the other side ever were thinking anything more than USING the opponents to their benefit.

Which both sides did. The infamous bear hug and cuddling during Sandy aftermath was already THEN aimed at the governor's race and nothing more.

Christie might not be a dream candidate for the classic conservatives but he is cynical, shrewd, trained in maneuvering and not being afraid, politician.
Typical for the tri-state area, BTW.

And there is nobody to match him in th conservative field who knows how to deal with the lying dimocrap scum and not be intimidated by them. All others will behave like Mitt did when Crowley pulled her infamous lie on him. He was LOST at the blatancy of the LIE.
I can guarantee you that Chrisite won't be lost. She would get the ripost as she deserved.
Same as she would get from Newt.

That moment was the seal to the loss of the Presidency for Mitt. One can't be taken unprepared for the blatant lies and partisan hackery from the left as he was.

Last edited:

excuse me......the GOP was against the bill as written because of all of the non sandy related pork in it.
They all agreed to sign it if it were a clean bill.

Seems you weren't paying attention at the time.

Here Are the Republicans Who Voted 'No' on Hurricane Sandy Relief Funds

The measure passed unanimously through the Senate, but 67 members of the House of Representatives voted "no" to assisting people who were left, at best, powerless or homeless by a hurricane in November. All 67 are Republicans:

Justin Amash (R-MI)
Andy Barr (R-KY)
Dan Benishek (R-MI)
Kerry Bentivolio (R-MI)
Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
Jim Bridenstine (R-OK)
Mo Brooks (R-AL)
Paul Broun (R-GA)
Steve Chabot (R-OH)
Doug Collins (R-GA)
Mike Conaway (R-TX)
Tom Cotton (R-AR)
Steve Daines (R-MT)
Ron DeSantis (R-FL)
Scott DesJarlais (R-TN)
Sean Duffy (R-WI)
Jeff Duncan (R-SC)
Jimmy Duncan (R-TN)
Stephen Fincher (R-TN)
John Fleming (R-LA)
Bill Flores (R-TX)
Virginia Foxx (R-NC)
Trent Franks (R-AZ)
Louie Gohmert (R-TX)
Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)
Paul Gosar (R-AZ)
Trey Gowdy (R-SC)
Tom Graves (R-GA)
Sam Graves (R-MO)
Andrew Harris (R-MD)
George Holding (R-NC)
Richard Hudson (R-NC)
Tim Huelskamp (R-KS)
Randy Hultgren (R-IL)
Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)
Jim Jordan (R-OH)
Doug Lamborn (R-CO)
Kenny Marchant (R-TX)
Thomas Massie (R-KY)
Tom McClintock (R-CA)
Mark Meadows (R-NC)
Markwayne Mullin (R-OK)
Mick Mulvaney (R-SC)
Randy Neugebauer (R-TX)
Steven Palazzo (R-MS)
Steve Pearce (R-NM)
Scott Perry (R-PA)
Tom Petri (R-WI)
Mike Pompeo (R-KS)
Tom Price (R-GA)
Phil Roe (R-TN)
Todd Rokita (R-IN)
Keith Rothfus (R-PA)
Ed Royce (R-CA)
Paul Ryan (R-WI)
Matt Salmon (R-AZ)
David Schweikert (R-AZ)
Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI)
Marlin Stutzman (R-IN)
Mac Thornberry (R-TX)
Randy Weber (R-TX)
Brad Wenstrup (R-OH)
Roger Williams (R-TX)
Joe Wilson (R-SC)
Rob Woodall (R-GA)
Kevin Yoder (R-KS)
Ted Yoho (R-FL)

The most high-profile Congressman on the list is Paul Ryan, failed vice presidential nominee. It also includes Mo Brooks, Ted Yoho, Ron DeSantis, Steven Palazzo and John Fleming from Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi, all of which are states that received much-needed federal aid following Hurricane Katrina, the only hurricane in American history that was more costly than Sandy. Speaker Boehner did not vote.

This list also includes the entire Republican representation from Arizona, Kansas, Maryland, Montana and New Mexico (Maryland, Montana and New Mexico are only represented by one Republican each).

Forum List

Back