Christians should not support the war on terror

1549 said:
Then lock yourself in the bathroom with the phone without the dog barking dog barking downstairs. You are still better off than trying to sneak up on him with a gun.

What if you get down there and it is some punk teen trying to take your dvd player, and you kill him? You don't think that is going to put a dark cloud on your life for a while? In fact, unless you can prove he was about to kill your ass...you may even go to jail.

If it were just me I wouldn't even need to get a gun. However I have my family to worry about and breakins are not all about stealing stuff. To protect my wife and children I will take my gun and shoot you if you come into my house unannounced. Do not pretend that this is a bad thing. I will not care and you will be wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Bullypulpit said:
Sounds like you need to "...actually read and UNDERSTAND the Bible...". Your little hissy fit shows just how shaky your grasp on the Bible's teachings are. So be a good little boy and come back when you've grown up a bit.

And as for Christians, those who walk it like they talk it are fine by me. However, I won't suffer sanctimonious, self-righteous, hypocritical pissants gladly.

Long-winded way of saying, "You are wrong because I say so." There is no supporting context to which your judgement is linked. "I look to my friends" isn't helpful. This is a sad attempt at using long sentences to cover up that you have nothing which to back up your point.

This pretty much sums up many of your particular points on religion, et al. I think you should stick to topics for which you can back up your opinion with even a smidgeon of knowledge and leave this subject off your radar. Unless you are willing to do the legwork and come up with an actual intelligent remark other than, "See you are wrong because my friends say so!"

dmp said:
Then why to you get your rocks off telling Christians how they should act?

Firstly, I don't "Get my rocks off..." telling Christians how to behave. The Christians I know don't need me, or anyone else, to tell them how to behave. They walk it like they talk it.

But when I see the nonsense Hobbit,and others spout, poseurs in my opinion, I feel compelled to correct them...Rather like shushing a noisy child at the theater.

Hobbit said:
That position has already been filled by some guy named...uh...what was it again? Oh yeah, his name is GOD! I here his kid is in the business, as well.

Then act like a Christian instead of a noisy, spoiled child.

Bullypulpit said:
Then act like a Christian instead of a noisy, spoiled child.

Oh, I am acting like a Christian. I seem to remember Jesus kicking ass when Judaism was hijacked to make a profit. Well, I can't flip over tables on the message board, but I'm quite pissed when Christianity gets hijacked by atheists to try to gain political power. Maybe if you'd ever read the Bible or talked to God, you'd figure it out. Until then, stop talking to me like you know anything about being a Christian. That would be like me telling you that you're not a very good Democrat.

Bullypulpit said:
Firstly, I don't "Get my rocks off..." telling Christians how to behave. The Christians I know don't need me, or anyone else, to tell them how to behave. They walk it like they talk it.

But when I see the nonsense Hobbit,and others spout, poseurs in my opinion, I feel compelled to correct them...Rather like shushing a noisy child at the theater.

You have no idea what it MEANS to be a christian, yet you seem to know what is or isn't nonsense about christianity?

You're arrogant and foolish.

Bullypulpit said:

LOL. Correct them? This is simply disingenuous. You correct them and back it up with "My friends know better than you!" and give no evidence of any further knowledge. Either admit your ignorance or back up your "correction" with more than "my friends".

Bullypulpit said:
Sounds like you need to "...actually read and UNDERSTAND the Bible...". Your little hissy fit shows just how shaky your grasp on the Bible's teachings are. So be a good little boy and come back when you've grown up a bit.

And as for Christians, those who walk it like they talk it are fine by me. However, I won't suffer sanctimonious, self-righteous, hypocritical pissants gladly.

I'll bet you wont suffer JUDGEMENTAL ones either??

and I doubt you even really know what a hypocrite is.

Hobbit said:
Then you've got crappy Christians for friends. You also might try looking at the Bible. For all I know, your 'Christian' friends could be people who just say they are to be fashionable.

As for being able to 'digest' it, can you not or do you just not want to?

Recently some figures were released of liberals vs conservatives who claim to be Christians and their behaviors in terms of going to church, praying, etc, etc. Turns out about 85% of the liberals claimed to be strong believers, but only gave God, the Bible and any religous practices, lip service. Like church attendence for them, Christmas, Easter, and weddings

Bullypulpit said:
Unlike you, I'll be the first to admit my ignorance. But since I'm not a Christian anyways, it's a moot point.

And don't flatter yourself. I don't give you much thought at all. However, it amuses me to watch you splutter and fulminate in impotent, self-righteous indignation. And since you don't know the people I associate with, your opinion of them is of no matter. :teeth:

Ahhh, so you arent even a Christian, yet you feel you have the right and ability to judge who is a good Christian and who isnt. Hmmm, HYPOCRITE

Besides, try reading the part of the Bible where it says only TRUE BELIEVERS can really understand the BIBLE and the word of God, because he reveals His truths to them by the spirit. So, if you want us to act as true Christians, we MUST believe you have no clue or understanding of the Bible, and hence, WE MUST believe your opinion of what constitutes a good Christian cannot be accurate.

See Gods reply

Bullypulpit said:

SHUSH !

LuvRPgrl said:
I'll bet you wont suffer JUDGEMENTAL ones either??

and I doubt you even really know what a hypocrite is.

It doesn't matter if one is judgemental so long as one is demonstrably correct in their judgemments.

LuvRPgrl said:
Ahhh, so you arent even a Christian, yet you feel you have the right and ability to judge who is a good Christian and who isnt. Hmmm, HYPOCRITE

Being able to stand outside and look in to provide some guidance does not constitute hypocrisy.

LuvRPgrl said:
Besides, try reading the part of the Bible where it says only TRUE BELIEVERS can really understand the BIBLE and the word of God, because he reveals His truths to them by the spirit. So, if you want us to act as true Christians, we MUST believe you have no clue or understanding of the Bible, and hence, WE MUST believe your opinion of what constitutes a good Christian cannot be accurate.

See Gods reply

Ahhhh...Secret knowledge...the last refuge of the the intellectually bankrupt.

Bullypulpit said:
Being able to stand outside and look in to provide some guidance does not constitute hypocrisy.

Ahhhh...Secret knowledge...the last refuge of the the intellectually bankrupt.

"Provide some guidance".........There's the key to this diatribe.

"My profound eccentricity(possible intellectual pride) allows me to add comment in any area of I choose.

I've been trying to put my finger on it, but the last quote revealed what's going on. " I have a handle on all of mankind's problems. Even Christianity, because I'm so unbiased, that I can see both side of the story without tainting my expression with on drop of favoritism.".

Pride in oneself can be healthy, and also can be very unhealthy. It's like self-love. Our Creator wants us to appreciate, and love ourselves, but in a way that exudes graciousness toward the one in whom we received all thing ultimately. Unfortunately, the self-love that exudes from secularistic humanism places man's mind, creativity, and self destiny, all in his/her's own hands. As a result, self-love defined this way creates millions of little "mini-gods", or self-deluded human beings.

Delusion meaning; I don't need any outside wisdom other than my biologically given "stuff" that was endowed upon me as a result of "happen-chance" selection from millions of years of Molecular "craps" in primordial soup.

Since the beginning of the great Enlightenment, man has realized that the God has been his stumbling block to attaining his full potential. His potential? To be master and captain of his own destiny......No longer chained-down by fairy-tails, phophecies, and Alchemistic subjectivity.

Just look how man has progressed since the injection of Voltairism.

I think that George Orwell's, "1984", might be more of a reality in the future, as man gradually wins the battle of "total dominence" in respect to everything.
In my opinion, this is a spiritual battle......as I believe that human beings are spiritual creatures with a soul(mind, will, and emotions), and at the helm of this soul is a "throne" of sorts.......Who is enthroned at the helm of a man's soul? Himself or his Creator. Does this Creator force Himself upon this throne? I don't think so. It appears that scripture succinctly reveals that man does have the responsibility of abdicating his throne to whomever or whatever he chooses.

In essence, secular man is actually as spiritual as Christian man, but the similarity ends there. Secular man is his own Lord/god and is firmly seated on the throne/helm of his soul by his choice. Christian man, has abdicated his prior state of control/dominance to another; namely the Lord Jesus Christ as succinctly defined in the bible.

Yes, it is a spiritually defined difference, and or battle at times.

This is all tongue-in-cheek folks......I hope.

Bullypulpit said:

Maybe not, but it's the height of narcissism to believe that you know more about something than a person who has studied it intensely from the time he could read.

Hobbit said:
Maybe not, but it's the height of narcissism to believe that you know more about something than a person who has studied it intensely from the time he could read.

*snicker* He still hasn't provided any tangible evidence that he has any idea what he is talking about. All he has stated is, "My friends are better than you at it!" And his evidence of that?... "Because I think they are!"

Bullypulpit said:
It doesn't matter if one is judgemental so long as one is demonstrably correct in their judgemments.

A hypocrite is one who uses a different standard to judge others, than he uses on himself. You use CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY to judge us, but you dont use it to judge yourself. Whether it is right or wrong, accurate or not, it still makes you a HYPOCRITE.

I also noticed you ignored my logical point that if we are going to follow our Bible, as YOU SAY WE SHOULD, then we have to discount your opinion on how a Christian should behave, because our Bible tells us a non believer cannot understand the word of God, so if we discount your opinion on how we should behave, it is because you are requiring us to.

LuvRPgrl said:
A hypocrite is one who uses a different standard to judge others, than he uses on himself. You use CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY to judge us, but you dont use it to judge yourself. Whether it is right or wrong, accurate or not, it still makes you a HYPOCRITE.

I also noticed you ignored my logical point that if we are going to follow our Bible, as YOU SAY WE SHOULD, then we have to discount your opinion on how a Christian should behave, because our Bible tells us a non believer cannot understand the word of God, so if we discount your opinion on how we should behave, it is because you are requiring us to.

You got that right, Luv!

Spirit and Flesh get along like oil and water.

Good point that Christians are held to a higher standard than "they"(unconverted) hold themselves to. It is hypocritcal to some extent.

I will say, that "we" (Christians) should be held to a higher standard, and to that measure, we are considered Ambassadors of sort to guess who?

It's just that uncoverted man wants to be involved in some kind of judgement process. Maybe this is a type of denial to keep the "hot iron" of conviction off of themselves?
There was a notable national leader in the past that did a little pill factory bombing, to keep the eyes of judgement(media) from centering on one female by the name of Lewinsky and her liason with said leader.

Sometimes the best defense is a good, effective offense, but sometimes that offense is designed to cause distraction, and hide a misdeed.

Those that vehemently attack Christians, maybe utilizing a similar tactic subconciously, and don't even realize it.

Calling a Christian judgemental is calling the kettle "black" in most cases.

James in the New Testament vehemently said that any Christian that claims to be without sin is a liar and the truth(they're not believers) is not in them.

Forum List

Back