Christian values in the American society

Henrik

Oct 12, 2014
I will precise exactly what christian values I mean should exist in the American society. Equality under christianity and love to the creation is the most important.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might." This I think America should take as you shall follow the leader and don't follow a different path.

"Gather not your riches up upon this earth, for there your heart will be also." This I think, I think you take as America is the land of oppurtonity where you can take student loans to a education, be creative and discover the oppurtonities in the American economy.

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." US should stand with their values and don't negotiate with them.

Any laws against abortion, same-sex-marriage or LGBT is irrelevant here. Neither is religion intolerance.

Also important to keep in the American society:

• protection of the enviroment as the product of a deep reverence for God's creation;
  • the undesirability of war other than as a last resort, and a respect for diplomacy;
What is your opinion?

I will precise exactly what christian values I mean should exist in the American society. Equality under christianity and love to the creation is the most important.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might." This I think America should take as you shall follow the leader and don't follow a different path.

"Gather not your riches up upon this earth, for there your heart will be also." This I think, I think you take as America is the land of oppurtonity where you can take student loans to a education, be creative and discover the oppurtonities in the American economy.

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." US should stand with their values and don't negotiate with them.

Any laws against abortion, same-sex-marriage or LGBT is irrelevant here. Neither is religion intolerance.

• protection of the enviroment as the product of a deep reverence for God's creation;
  • the undesirability of war other than as a last resort, and a respect for diplomacy;
What is your opinion?

Noting the last line in your sig, about running for US President in 2030 whatever, um no. :) As your grammar indicates you're not native-born American so you can forget about ever becomming a President here. Congressman maybe.

What is your opinion?

Perhaps you might consider returning to Germany?

I'd much prefer that Christian values are kept under the bootheel of secular law.

Not that a good burning at the stake once in a while isn't fun and games.

What is your opinion?

If you feel these are values to follow, you should certainly follow them. Personally, if those values see a woman's right to control her body, the right of adults to love and marry who they wish or people to believe as they wish to believe as irrelevant, then I would gladly flush those values down the toilet.

how about Christians simply follow all their values? Much better than picking and choosing which to follow.

Judeo-Christian values, perhaps. I don't recall many references to Christ in our founding documents.

Judeo-Christian values, perhaps. I don't recall many references to Christ in our founding documents.
The God of the Bible, at any rate, is explicitly beseeched for the virtue and righteousness of our separation from England, and as the one on whom the founders relied on for protection against retribution.

What is your opinion?

Toss out your religion. We are a secular society with laws. No need for your god or your religion.

Forum List

Back