Christian radicals vs. muslim radicals

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Semper Fi, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Here is an image of the works of Christian extremism:
    [​IMG]

Here is an image of the works of muslim extremism:
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Religious radicals of any religion suck.

3. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,740
    I never heard McVeigh or his partner in crime say they did it in the name of their religion. They were religous extremists?

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Huderites aren't allowed to use most forms of modern technology. No planes, trains or vibrators. :(

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Don't ask him to explain - he's REALLY stretching...McVey was WHITE...that's the only difference between he and Muslim Extremists. His example is not only intellectually dishonest/fraudulent, it's borderline asinine.

6. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    You are really being too kind.

7. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Another example of our amusing friend not having a clue.

-----

From: http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/duffy010501.html

Following is a letter I and a few other media types recently received from McVeigh. To those editors who will again be angry with me, please keep in mind the First Amendment you always so proudly defend.

"I explain herein why I bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. I explain this not for publicity, nor seeking to win an argument for right or wrong. I explain so that the record is clear as to my thinking and motivations in bombing a government installation.

I chose to bomb a federal building because such an action served more purposes than other options. Foremost, the bombing was a retaliatory strike; a counterattack, for the cumulative raids (and subsequent violence and damage) that federal agents had participated in over the preceding years (including, but not limited to, Waco). From the formation of such units as the FBI's "Hostage Rescue" and other assault teams amongst federal agencies during the '80s, culminating in the Waco incident, federal actions grew increasingly militaristic and violent, to the point where at Waco, our government--like the Chinese--was deploying tanks against its own citizens.

Knowledge of these multiple and ever-more aggressive raids across the country constituted an identifiable pattern of conduct within and by the federal government and amongst its various agencies. For all intents and purposes, federal agents had become "soldiers" (using military training, tactics, techniques, equipment, language, dress, organization, and mindset) and they were escalating their behavior.

Therefore this bombing was also ment as a pre-emptive (or pro-active) strike against these forces and their command and control centers within the federal building. When an aggressor force continually launches attacks from a particular base of operations, it is sound military strategy to take the fight to the enemy.

Additionally, borrowing a page from U.S. foreign policy, I decided to send a message to a government that was becoming increasingly hostile, by bombing a government building and the government employees within that building who represent that government. Bombing the Murrah Federal Building was morally and strategically equivalent to the U.S. hitting a government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations. Based on observations of the policies of my own government, I viewed this action as an acceptable option. From this perspective, what occurred in Oklahoma City was no different than what Americans rain on the heads of others all the time, and subsequently, my mindset was and is of clinical detachment. (The bombing of the Murrah building was not personal, no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marine personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government installations and their personnel.)

I hope that this clarification amply addresses your question."

Sincerely,
    Timothy J. McVeigh
    USP Terre Haute (IN)

-----

Maybe I missed something CC...but I didn't see the word "God" or "religion" or "Christian" anywhere in this letter.

8. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    McVey committed his crime as revenge for the attack on the Branch Davidians at Waco, TX.--an extremist Christian cult. But if you don't like that one, how about Eric Rudolph? Or am I being "asinine?" :rolleyes:

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Olympic Park - abortion and gays guy?

10. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Yeah.