Christian Pastor Goes After Ben Shapiro for calling Jesus a criminal

Most Bible scholars agree that Jesus was not born on December 25. In fact it is generally understood that this date was chosen by church leaders sometime around 400 A.D. so they could celebrate the birth of Christ and still appease the non-believers by coexisting with some of the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival. That spirit of appeasement continues today as the words “Seasons Greetings” have replaced “Merry Christmas” in advertisements, verbal greetings, and even our Christmas cards.

Serious biblical scholars have taken clues from Luke 2:8 in which we learn that shepherds were watching their flocks at night. From that verse they have determined that the Christ child was probably born in the spring, the time of year when lambs are born, a most critical time when shepherds closely guarded the sheep to protect the newborn lambs from predators. It is highly unlikely that shepherds would keep their sheep on the hillsides in wintertime.

Why are you making a big deal out of this? Everyone knows that his exact birthdate is not known. They made a guess based on the belief that he was conceived in March.
Bottom line is, who cares? December 25th was chosen, and that's the date his birth is celebrated.

Why are you making a big deal out of this? Everyone knows that his exact birthdate is not known. They made a guess based on the belief that he was conceived in March.
Bottom line is, who cares? December 25th was chosen, and that's the date his birth is celebrated.
Actually they believe he was conceived in July and born in March. Because it is paganism, you claim to be a Christian and the book you follow speaks against the very thing you are doing. It's kind of like Easter where you say he died on Friday and rose Sunday morning, now the book that you claim to follow says he was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, so if he died late on Friday how in the hell did he arise early Sunday morning?

If you do not search you will never find .

It's not some random opinion . It's there as a simple narrative and facts .
Jesus had relationship problems with his close disciple John Mark and also Simon Magus .This led to group difficulties with both Peter and Paul later deriding the latter to keep the Romans " at bay".
Initially Jesus was also very much influenced by cousin John the Baptist and in the wider picture open to the close opinions of the more extreme elements around him -- Zealots in modern terms .
You need to examine Palestine Essenes in detail because there were were four different groups ------ Levi , Judah , Zebelun and Napthali .
Jesus belonged to the second group where the the David Princes line were "the Princes of Judah" .

It's all there in great detail but almost like a closely guarded secret -- and most of all by so called Christians . Albeit largely unwitting .

Where did this come from?

Actually they believe he was conceived in July and born in March. Because it is paganism, you claim to be a Christian and the book you follow speaks against the very thing you are doing. It's kind of like Easter where you say he died on Friday and rose Sunday morning, now the book that you claim to follow says he was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, so if he died late on Friday how in the hell did he arise early Sunday morning?

Lambing season in Palestine is from late December thru early February.

One of Israel’s biggest supporters in America had this to say

There are many things that Christian supporters of Israel(very small number) are unaware of such as the relentless Jewish extremism in Israel against Christians. As shown via video evidence all throughout this message board by numerous posters.

Anti Semite says what?

Ben Shapiro's claim that Jesus was put to death due to his threat to Roman leadership is nonsense and disgusting. The Romans found no crime committed by Jesus. Rather it was the Jew's religious establishment that was threatened. The release of Barabbas is further proof of Shapiro's contemptuous claim.

Some believe he was conceived on March 25th.

By the way, I do not claim to be a Christian.

Ben Shapiro's claim that Jesus was put to death due to his threat to Roman leadership is nonsense and disgusting. The Romans found no crime committed by Jesus. Rather it was the Jew's religious establishment that was threatened. The release of Barabbas is further proof of Shapiro's contemptuous claim.
Wrong----in fact----read the BOOK AGAIN----the idiotic story that Jesus was brought before the Sanhedrin is right there in the BOOK----the Sanhedrin FOUND HIM NOT GUILTY------the explanation is that the SANHEDRIN HAD NO RIGHT TO EXECUTE---that is also a bullshit lie---the Romans didn't care what jew killed what jew. Now for reality---Jesus was crucified for SEDITION AGANST ROME---which was FACT---his foray into the
Temple Courtyard and overturning of the money changers tables was an act of SEDITION AGAINST Rome---Now try to GUESS who were the money changers and WHO HATED THEM-----
bet the sunday school teacher in your church basement DIDN'T tell you. Surada won't ----she has some idiotic notion that Jerusalem jews did not like Galilean jews

Wrong----in fact----read the BOOK AGAIN----the idiotic story that Jesus was brought before the Sanhedrin is right there in the BOOK----the Sanhedrin FOUND HIM NOT GUILTY------the explanation is that the SANHEDRIN HAD NO RIGHT TO EXECUTE---that is also a bullshit lie---the Romans didn't care what jew killed what jew. Now for reality---Jesus was crucified for SEDITION AGANST ROME---which was FACT---his foray into the
Temple Courtyard and overturning of the money changers tables was an act of SEDITION AGAINST Rome---Now try to GUESS who were the money changers and WHO HATED THEM-----
bet the sunday school teacher in your church basement DIDN'T tell you. Surada won't ----she has some idiotic notion that Jerusalem jews did not like Galilean jews
2cents just "DISAGREES" with no
comment at all. It's like she never
read the bible. As to Barrabas---not a whole lot is known----but according
to the NT--there were 3 "thieves"
being crucified along side Jesus.
YEAH RIGHT!! The romans did not
crucify THIEVES unless their thievery
was against ROME or a ROMAN----
Crucifixion was for sedition against
ROME-----Barrabas was probably a
PHARISEE like Jesus----Rome
crucified Pharisees by the
Thousands----back to 2cents-----
Do you know who hated the
money changers and who put them
there Ie. in the Temple Courtyard
and why?

One of Israel’s biggest supporters in America had this to say

There are many things that Christian supporters of Israel(very small number) are unaware of such as the relentless Jewish extremism in Israel against Christians. As shown via video evidence all throughout this message board by numerous posters.

Jesus was a criminal which is why he was crucified.

So FranklinRoosevelt_FTW no proof of Shapiro calling Jesus a common criminal eh?
Jesus was not a "common criminal"---
Back in the day "common criminals"
in Judea were tried by the JEWISH COURTS---not the ROMAN GOVERNOR
to wit, Pontius Pilate. Jesus was a
special criminal---he committed sedition
against ROME which was the only reason people were crucified in Rome run Judea

read the BOOK AGAIN

Which book of the Gospels are you referring to, Matthew? Mark? Luke? John?

Pontius Pilate:
"I find no case against him." John 18:38
"I find no basis for an accusation against this man." Luke 23:4

Jesus said, "I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven." Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "Why do we still need witnesses? You have heard his blasphemy! What is your decision?” All of them condemned him as deserving death. Mark: 14:62-64

Pilate asked them, "Why, what evil has he done?" But they shouted all the more, "Crucify him!" So Pilate, wishing to satisfy the crowd, released Barabbas for them. Mark: 15:14-15

So after they had gathered, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to release for you, Jesus Barabbas or Jesus who is called the Messiah?" For he realized that it was out of jealousy that they had handed him over. Matthew: 17-18

Last edited:

There were several Jewish factions fighting each other and/or the Romans. Herodians, Sadducees, Pharisees, Zealots, Sicarri and Essenes. Some sided with Rome, others didn't. Herod's granddaughter was the mistress of Titus. Scandal!

Turbulent times I think.

Which book of the Gospels are you referring to, Matthew? Mark? Luke? John?

Pontius Pilate: "“I find no case against him." John 18:38
no one knows who all those JOHNS
were to which "gospels' are attributed
as presented in CONSTANTINE's
bible-----EMPEROR OF ROME.
Historically, (the real stuff) Pontius
Pilate lost his job----even Rome
considered his obsessive crucifying
of Pharisees----a bit over the top.
Then---a few hundred years later,
Constantine used christianity as a
unifying force in his bloody
imperialism. Some christian scholars
deny that he was a "real" christian.
One issue is known---he HATED
JEWS His legal code formed the
basis for the INQUISITION
There were several Jewish factions fighting each other and/or the Romans. Herodians, Sadducees, Pharisees, Zealots, Sicarri and Essenes. Some sided with Rome, others didn't. Herod's granddaughter was the mistress of Titus. Scandal!

Turbulent times I think.
very Turbulent. Much like pre-revolutionary AMERICA (north) when
the PATRIOTS and LOYALISTS were killing each other. They did not need
an ENGLISH DECREE to kill----and the
various factions in Judea did not need
either a decree from the Sanhedrin OR
the Roman governor----in the case of
Jesus ----there was a ROMAN DECREE-
from the Roman governor----CRUCIFIXION for the crime of SEDITION. The cover up is as silly as
modern islamo nazi propaganda----
"DA JOOOS FORCED THE ROMAN
GOVERNOR" yeah---RIGHT!!!!

as presented in CONSTANTINE's
bible-----EMPEROR OF ROME.
Historically, (the real stuff) Pontius
Pilate lost his job----even Rome
considered his obsessive crucifying
of Pharisees----a bit over the top.
Then---a few hundred years later,
Constantine used christianity as a
unifying force in his bloody
imperialism. Some christian scholars
deny that he was a "real" christian.
One issue is known---he HATED
JEWS His legal code formed the
basis for the INQUISITION

very Turbulent. Much like pre-revolutionary AMERICA (north) when
the PATRIOTS and LOYALISTS were killing each other. They did not need
an ENGLISH DECREE to kill----and the
various factions in Judea did not need
either a decree from the Sanhedrin OR
the Roman governor----in the case of
Jesus ----there was a ROMAN DECREE-
from the Roman governor----CRUCIFIXION for the crime of SEDITION.

The cover up is as silly as
modern islamo nazi propaganda----
"DA JOOOS FORCED THE ROMAN
GOVERNOR" yeah---RIGHT!!!!

I have difficulty with your rants.

Muslims had nothing do with it.

You hate Christians and Muslims, Sunday school teachers and Episcopalians in particular????

I have difficulty with your rants.

Muslims had nothing do with it.

You hate Christians and Muslims, Sunday school teachers and Episcopalians in particular????
no---not particularly. I have extensive personal experience with
both christians---protestants of various
sects, catholics--some sunday school experience, and Muslims. I talk about that which I KNOW. Have I ever discussed chinese culture? ----
The SIOUX of the great PLAINS?
In movies, John Wayne HATED the SIOUX..,,,,,?

Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to God what belongs to God.

Any reader of the Bible knows that Jesus's ministry wasn't about earthly concerns over the Romans. Rather it was about the spiritual and man's relationship with God. This was a threat to the Jewish religious hierarchy, who Jesus warned of throughout the Gospels.

no---not particularly. I have extensive personal experience with
both christians---protestants of various
sects, catholics--some sunday school experience, and Muslims. I talk about that which I KNOW. Have I ever discussed chinese culture? ----
The SIOUX of the great PLAINS?
In movies, John Wayne HATED the SIOUX..,,,,,?

Must have been pretty bad.

Forum List

Back