Christian Hypocrisy From the Religious Right

Continued to Joe who is DELIBERATELY LYING ABOUT THE BIBLE.

So, as you can see Joe. YOU ARE DEAD WRONG AND YOU DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.

You just want to justify abortion.

But the Mosaic law PUTS A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEN AN ACCIDENTAL KILLING (which covers misscarriage) AND THE DELIBERATE MURDER OF SOMEONE (and that would be abortion).

You lost again Joe.

I keep telling you people. DON'T DEBATE ME ON THE BIBLE, you'll lose, you'll lose badly and you will be furious when you do.

No one ever listens.

It doesn't matter if I can do it in one post or if it takes 100 posts. If it's there in the Bible, I'll show it to you and prove you wrong.

I'd just accept defeat were I you.

Considering you are trying to justify the murder of innocents, and the Bible does is not your ally in this crusade, WHO IS THE SAVAGE?

Well, you have a profound amount of brainwashing in bronze age stupidity, but you didn't make your point. Clearly, the Exodus verse didn't consider fetuses the same as people, so there is no biblical claim to it.

As for abortion itself, I think there is a solid argument that can be made against it that has nothing to do with Sky Pixies and what crazy people in the Bronze Ages thought they wanted.

If a fetus feels pain, then abortion is cruel. No Sky Pixie required.

But on a practical level, making abortion illegal is impossible, and has failed every time it's been tried. Countries like Brazil and the Philippines have outlawed abortions, but women still manage to get them, pretty easily.

So since the choice is ENTIRELY in the woman's hands, the best you can hope for is to provide her with other choices- through stronger sex education, free pre-natal care, the kind of stuff so-called "Conservatives" usually oppose because they might deprive a rich person of a Polo Pony.

France not only has legal abortion, but the government pays for them. Yet on average, less French women have abortions than American women do. Why? Because they also have universal health care and a strong welfare state.

IN OTHER WORDS I'M RIGHT.

You tried to use the Bible against Christians to somehow prove they are ignorant of their own texts.

WHEN IT WAS PROVEN YOU ARE THE ONE IGNORANT OF THE BIBLE, you simply ditch the Bible and try to chang the subject.

Sorry, you lost on Exodus. Miscarriage is not murder. Manslaughter is not murder and the Mosaic law makes that clear.

Otherwise, the Mosaic law would not have provided refuge cities for the "man slayer" to run to.

Now you just want to argue from your own bigotry toward the Bible and expect me to follow suit.

SORRY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. You're the one that believes in a sky pixie if you think you can just rewrite the rules on debate.

YOU BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT OF ABORTION IN THE BIBLE, NOT I.

Now that you have lost on the subject, you want to pretend you never brought it up and change the subject???

NICE TRY! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but whether your bigoted mind can accept it or not, YOU LOST!

And it doesn't matter whether you will admit it or not. It's going to be obvious to everyone else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

teapartysamurai, like so many of the far right religious movement, does not understand the Bible and her responsibility to follow biblical guidance.

See should reread Matthew 23 and apply it to her life.

IN OTHER WORDS!

Try to use the Bible when you think it will serve your cause and THROW IT OUT when it doesn't.

I never use the bible to serve my purposes, unless I'm using it as a coaster for my beer. Which is about the only time that book is actually useful.

Typical hypocrisy. Keep trying to have it both ways.

You were the one that brought up the standard of the Mosaic law, NOT I!!!!!

And we aren't discussing homosexuality or anything else. We are discussing abortion. You want to bring up homosexuality, or anything else, be my guest, I'LL BEAT YOU ON THAT AS WELL!

But, it's clear that the Mosaic Law puts a huge difference between ACCIDENTAL DEATH and MURDER.

No, it really doesn't.

21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

Fetus dies- A fine.
Woman dies- Death.

Both are "accidents". But only one gets you the death penalty.

Because only one involved killing what the Bronze Age Savages considered a person.

IN OTHER WORDS!

Try to use the Bible when you think it will serve your cause and THROW IT OUT when it doesn't.

I never use the bible to serve my purposes, unless I'm using it as a coaster for my beer. Which is about the only time that book is actually useful.

And we aren't discussing homosexuality or anything else. We are discussing abortion. You want to bring up homosexuality, or anything else, be my guest, I'LL BEAT YOU ON THAT AS WELL!

But, it's clear that the Mosaic Law puts a huge difference between ACCIDENTAL DEATH and MURDER.

No, it really doesn't.

21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Fetus dies- A fine.
Woman dies- Death.

Because only one involved killing what the Bronze Age Savages considered a person.

Just so.

IN OTHER WORDS!

No, it really doesn't.

Fetus dies- A fine.
Woman dies- Death.

Well that's lie on the first point, because YOU brought up the subject of abortion in the Bible, not I. If you didin't care about the subject one way or another, you wouldn't have got involved in this thread in the first place and you wouldn't have brought up the subject of abortion and the Bible, so nice try.

But now that I have thoroughly defeated you on the difference between manslaughter and murder, and how a misscarriage is an accident, not a murder, you just keep pretending I never pointed it out.

This is what sore losers do when they don't want to admit they have lost. They just keep making the same point over and over.

They do this for two reasons.

A) They are too ego driven to admit they lost.

B) They aren't intelligent enough to think up another point.

Like I said, I don't expect you to be smart enough or humble enough to admit you lost.

You are just going to keep bringing up the same verse you have already repeated (how many times) because you have no other.

However, I have defeated that verse three times over in proving the difference between accidental death and murder.

I have also proved how the Bible thinks about the unborn child.

So, since you have nothing to refute ANY of these points, why do you continue?

Because, like I said, you can't think of anything else and you don't want to admit you lost.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well that's lie on the first point, because YOU brought up the subject of abortion in the Bible, not I. If you didin't care about the subject one way or another, you wouldn't have got involved in this thread in the first place and you wouldn't have brought up the subject of abortion and the Bible, so nice try.

No, I just pointed out that it doesn't say what you claim it says... I do love reading the bible. For laughs.

But now that I have thoroughly defeated you on the difference between manslaughter and murder, and how a misscarriage is an accident, not a murder, you just keep pretending I never pointed it out.

Wow, just editing down to where you try to make a point. You didn't.

The Bible doesn't make that distinction. If the woman dies, the man who hit her, even though it was an accident because he was in a fight with someone else, is to be executed. But he is only to pay a fine because the fetus was lost.

The woman is a person, the fetus isn't.

Just from that same chapter-

21:29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

If your Ox kills someone, and you knew it was dangerous, you get executed.

Now, keep in mind the bible has a whole shitload of laws you can be killed for that are a lot less serious than murder- Such as -

Rape.
Being raped and not crying out.
Being gay.
Having sex with a mother and daughter at the same time
Working on the Sabbath
For bestiality
For disobedient children
For being a witch
For worshipping other Gods
For adultery
For stealing slaves

Does God approve of capital punishment?

In fact, abortion is one of the FEW offenses God doesn't condemn people to death for in the Bible. Because they just didn't care.

The Left's hatred for Christians never made any sense to me. Their great nation was founded by Christians after all. So they can't be all bad. I guess it's all about a political agenda in the end though. The Left has a very distorted and uninformed view of Christians. I love my Church and Pastors. They only preach love and compassion. God bless and have a good night.

Please look at my signature. I think that perfectly explains my feelings. I don't hate Christians, I just don't like some of them.

T, you always end up the fool when you spar with me. You claim to be a conservative when you are nothing more than a mentally-diseased reactionary hard right wack. :lol:

The Left's hatred for Christians never made any sense to me. Their great nation was founded by Christians after all. So they can't be all bad. I guess it's all about a political agenda in the end though. The Left has a very distorted and uninformed view of Christians. I love my Church and Pastors. They only preach love and compassion. God bless and have a good night.

The left does not hate Christians!!! Why can't you people get it?? Are your skulls really that thick??

Psst. They're pulling that shit Rush taught them. "Accuse the opposition of that which you yourself are guilty of."

The left does not hate Christians!!! Why can't you people get it?? Are your skulls really that thick??

Psst. They're pulling that shit Rush taught them. "Accuse the opposition of that which you yourself are guilty of."

Rush always holds the mirror up when he accuses the other side of villiany. He is guilty of every propaganda trick he accuses his opponents of pulling Listen to him for laughs.:lol:

Those on the religious right want to defund programs such as Social Security, Medicare, welfare, food stamps, healthcare, etc. What I want to know is: why aren't these so called people of God offering their homes to the homeless, food to the hungry, a coat to someone who is poor and cold?
Because that’s ‘communism.’

Remember that ‘religious right’ is about politics, not religion. It’s the blind faith of conservative dogma, the belief in Social Darwinism: the strong survive and the weak perish. For the religious right, one should not be motivated by the fear of eternal damnation, but the fear of poverty and want. The Holy Writ of political fundamentalism teaches that public assistance and social programs are satanic disincentives leading not to a fall from grace but the fall of capitalism, the one and only Holy Sacrament.

You are an idiot, when are you going to learn to use the quote button?

15752d1319006583-obama-administration-admits-that-obama-care-is-unsustainable-color-me-shocked-snap_2011.10.18_23h44m11s_002.png

They are quick to run, jump and skip to "defend" the unborn and squeel about life and killing innocents and yet they don't want a red dime spent on feeding a poor, disenfranchised child. They are quick to run and support death penalty, they are quicker to run and support a war...any war, just point them in the direction of a war and they will swear that they are ready and willing to run in naked into it to defend their God-given country.

Will the religious, self-proclaimed Christian right EVER stop their hypocrisy? Why don't you self-proclaimed Conservatives on USMB speak out against such blatantly hypocrisy on your side?
Actually, there's a "bit" of a "mutiny" going-on, within the most-conservative/orthodox ranks o' Christianity.

The Evans' kids are embracing.....​

...REALITY!!!!!

"It seems today as if there are two trends among younger evangelicals. We seem to want more robust preaching, less of the “hip” church and yet we are also more solution-oriented, rather than the knee-jerk confrontational conservatism when it comes to politics."

Have you ever heard of a Christian suicide bomber? Neither have I...

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

November 21, 2012

lisa%20biron.jpg

"In addition, Biron told people that she had a loaded gun under her bed and was contemplating fleeing to Cuba. Witnesses said she was in possession of drugs, and had both begged people to lie on her behalf and threatened others. Oh, and she also sat on the board of directors for Christian schools in Manchester."

:eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back