Christian committed for opposing homosexual agenda

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
This is quite amazing. Im sure surprised I havent heard more about it around here. But Temple university tried to commit a Christian to a mental institution for opposing homosexual acitivity. I seriously hope there is another side to this story that isnt getting reported because this is just out and out outrageous. He apparently lost his law suit against the university so apparently now its legal to try to commit christians who actively oppose homosexuality.

Christian loses suit

Christians protest on a scale much smaller than the one that is needed to have an effect. Many forms of protest are also "un-Christianlike" which has them starting out with at least one strike against them. Guess they will be satisfied to be pushed passively to the ghettos too.

SmarterThanYou said:

No...Karma is when somebody does something bad, and it catches up with them.

Christians are GOOD for the world...they are GOOD people - among the most persecuted group of people in history, however...it wasn't too bad for the last several hundred years...but it's going to get bad again.

-=d=- said:
No...Karma is when somebody does something bad, and it catches up with them.

Christians are GOOD for the world...they are GOOD people - among the most persecuted group of people in history, however...it wasn't too bad for the last several hundred years...but it's going to get bad again.
I'm familiar with a bit of history and I do remember reading about several episodes where christians weren't necessarily GOOD. Salem witch trials, the inquisition(though that may be catholics), and the crusades. Now, you can explain it as 'rogue groups' or something like that, but they were still 'christians'. right?

SmarterThanYou said:
I'm familiar with a bit of history and I do remember reading about several episodes where christians weren't necessarily GOOD. Salem witch trials, the inquisition(though that may be catholics), and the crusades. Now, you can explain it as 'rogue groups' or something like that, but they were still 'christians'. right?

Research how many christians were executed for their faith throughout time -

The score heavily favours 'The World'...Christians have done vastly MORE Good to their fellow-man, than otherwise...And the crusades weren't about christianity as much as some believe. The Crusades were about Christians FINALLY standing up to warmonging Arabs..

Did you know that the Crusades were a delayed response to Islam’s conquest of nearly two-thirds of the Christian world? Did you know that Islam was waging Jihad on Christians for 4 centuries before Christians finally fought back in the 11th century? If the media is so eager to point out the admittedly violent acts of the Crusaders, shouldn’t they also be willing to point out the jihad waged by Muslims that led to those wars?

More... :(

-=d=- said:
Research how many christians were executed for their faith throughout time -

The score heavily favours 'The World'...Christians have done vastly MORE Good to their fellow-man, than otherwise...And the crusades weren't about christianity as much as some believe. The Crusades were about Christians FINALLY standing up to warmonging Arabs..

Did you know that the Crusades were a delayed response to Islam’s conquest of nearly two-thirds of the Christian world? Did you know that Islam was waging Jihad on Christians for 4 centuries before Christians finally fought back in the 11th century? If the media is so eager to point out the admittedly violent acts of the Crusaders, shouldn’t they also be willing to point out the jihad waged by Muslims that led to those wars?

More... :(

they should. I also realize that when christians and christianity first come about they were extremely persecuted by rome.

Maybe this is part of another vicious circle......:dunno:

SmarterThanYou said:

It's amazing how you conveniently forget the millions murdered in the name of communism. I guess that wasn't "pure communism".

Christians were the first abolitionists. Christian charitable organizations give millions in aid all over the world.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's amazing how you conveniently forget the millions murdered in the name of communism. I guess that wasn't "pure communism".
Were those millions christians? or just anti communists. and what does 'pure communism' have to do with the subject at hand, unless you're trying to utilize something out of our private conversations on a different subject to imply that I have a blaise attitude about this. Personally, I'm offended you would do that.

SmarterThanYou said:

I saw a show on the History Channel about the witch trials. The show was able to link a fungus to almost all of the witch trials in history.

The Salem witch trials are misunderstood. There was a fungus growing on the rye which they used to make bread, about half of the town was affected by it, they had hallucinations and spasms as the fungus constricts blood vessels in the brain. They looked for a cause but since the fungus grows in the seed pods, and shapes itself much like the seeds, there was no visual evidence that that was what caused it. The fear was astounding, the hallucinations epic, small girls able to fight with incredible strength etc. With the limited science of the time they had nothing to attach it to the physical.

If you want an example how Christianity was directly misapplied look to the attacks on the Knights Templar and to the Inquisition. The Crusades were in answer to the Muslims taking over half of the world, yes once victory had been met they pushed too far but clearly it wasn't an example of only Christian misdeeds.

SmarterThanYou said:
Were those millions christians? or just anti communists. and what does 'pure communism' have to do with the subject at hand, unless you're trying to utilize something out of our private conversations on a different subject to imply that I have a blaise attitude about this. Personally, I'm offended you would do that.

Christians and Jews were presecuted by the Communists regime. In the USSR it was illegal to import Bibles, the regime would watch and punish people that would attend church. They would pull a Spain on them, make it okay for a little while so they could gather information then proceed with the attacks. If you want to see how Jews were treated by the Soviets you only need to look as far as the Pograms.

The church my mother made me attend had a group that would illegally smuggle the items into the country at great danger to themselves. A few times they were even imprisoned for their actions.

POINT IS.................This is extremely dangerous for something like this to happen and is just more proof that demonizing Christians for their beliefs is becoming a mainstream and acceptable way of legitmaizing liberal agendas. Hitler did it to Jews, the liberal establishment is now doing it to religious people.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Ya. That's what's happening. All Christians who are not gay are being rounded up and put in insane asylums!

Put your tin-foil hats on!

• Thanks
Itsthetruth said:
All Christians who are not gay are being rounded up and put in insane asylums!

your statement is flawed because it's impossible for a christian to be gay.

• Thanks
-=d=- said:
your statement is flawed because it's impossible for a christian to be gay.
huh? sure it is. i've met some who are trying very hard not to be......gay that is, but still are christians.

SmarterThanYou said:
huh? sure it is. i've met some who are trying very hard not to be......gay that is, but still are christians.

Didn't you know that you can be a pedophile, a thief, a murderer, a rapist and still be a Christian, but homosexuals are not worthy of consideration for salvation? :rolleyes:

• Thanks
MissileMan said:
Didn't you know that you can be a pedophile, a thief, a murderer, a rapist and still be a Christian, but homosexuals are not worthy of consideration for salvation? :rolleyes:

Care to post on the actual story that led to this thread?

Itsthetruth said:
Ya. That's what's happening. All Christians who are not gay are being rounded up and put in insane asylums!

Care to comment on the actual article??

Forum List

Back