Christian committed for opposing homosexual agenda

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Avatar4321, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    This is quite amazing. Im sure surprised I havent heard more about it around here. But Temple university tried to commit a Christian to a mental institution for opposing homosexual acitivity. I seriously hope there is another side to this story that isnt getting reported because this is just out and out outrageous. He apparently lost his law suit against the university so apparently now its legal to try to commit christians who actively oppose homosexuality.

Christian loses suit

2. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    This is just the beginning.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Christians protest on a scale much smaller than the one that is needed to have an effect. Many forms of protest are also "un-Christianlike" which has them starting out with at least one strike against them. Guess they will be satisfied to be pushed passively to the ghettos too.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    indeed...The time is coming where christians will be 'hunted' in a way...:(

5. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    karma? :dunno:

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

No...Karma is when somebody does something bad, and it catches up with them.

Christians are GOOD for the world...they are GOOD people - among the most persecuted group of people in history, however...it wasn't too bad for the last several hundred years...but it's going to get bad again.

7. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm familiar with a bit of history and I do remember reading about several episodes where christians weren't necessarily GOOD. Salem witch trials, the inquisition(though that may be catholics), and the crusades. Now, you can explain it as 'rogue groups' or something like that, but they were still 'christians'. right?

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Research how many christians were executed for their faith throughout time -

The score heavily favours 'The World'...Christians have done vastly MORE Good to their fellow-man, than otherwise...And the crusades weren't about christianity as much as some believe. The Crusades were about Christians FINALLY standing up to warmonging Arabs..

Did you know that the Crusades were a delayed response to Islam’s conquest of nearly two-thirds of the Christian world? Did you know that Islam was waging Jihad on Christians for 4 centuries before Christians finally fought back in the 11th century? If the media is so eager to point out the admittedly violent acts of the Crusaders, shouldn’t they also be willing to point out the jihad waged by Muslims that led to those wars?

More... :(

9. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    they should. I also realize that when christians and christianity first come about they were extremely persecuted by rome.

Maybe this is part of another vicious circle......:dunno:

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    It's amazing how you conveniently forget the millions murdered in the name of communism. I guess that wasn't "pure communism".

Christians were the first abolitionists. Christian charitable organizations give millions in aid all over the world.