Chris Wallace: "I don’t view my role as truth-squading" during the debate

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has no intention of fact checking Trump’s lies during the debates

Sarah K. Burris
04 Sep 2016

If you hoped that debate moderators would have the scruples to hold the candidates in check during the upcoming forums, Fox News host Chris Wallace has already said he won’t be doing it.

<snip>

Wallace said that he hopes the event will become more of a debate between the candidates and not a debate between the candidate and moderators armed with facts.

“Frankly… these two just plain don’t like each other,” Wallace said, unleashing his keen observations. “I suspect I’m not going to have any problem getting them to engage with each other, but I don’t view my role as truth-squading and I think that is a step too far. If people want to do it after the debate, fine, it’s not my role.”

IOW's the whole great big FOX fact-check squad in the backroom, behind of the debate stage will have nothing to do - FOX does have a fact-check squad...don't they?

Mike Wallace was an honorable journalist. His son Chris, not so much.

Moderator has 2 jobs.

ask the questions, remind candidates of the time.

It is NOT their job to take sides

Debates between candidates mean just that. Interview with a candidate is a different story. Did that sink in?

Moderator has 2 jobs.

A computer could literally do that.

Those backing a liar of a candidate will want a moderator who lets lies slip by. Hence, all Trump fans want that.

Those backing an honest candidate will want a moderator who fact checks. Hence, all Clinton fans want that.

Moderators need to be impartial in regards to the truth, not in regards to the candidates. Letting lies pass unopposed is, in effect, giving aid and comfort to the liar, and is not being impartial to the truth.

Moderator has 2 jobs.

Those backing a liar of a candidate will want a moderator who lets lies slip by. Hence, all Trump fans want that.

Those backing an honest candidate will want a moderator who fact checks. Hence, all Clinton fans want that.

Moderators need to be impartial in regards to the truth, not in regards to the candidates. Letting lies pass unopposed is, in effect, giving aid and comfort to the liar, and is not being impartial to the truth.

Those backing an honest candidate will want a moderator who fact checks.

Not their job.

People interested can find that online within minutes of the debate ending

Hence, all Clinton fans want that.

Hilarious

Moderator has 2 jobs.

Moderators need to be impartial in regards to the truth, not in regards to the candidates. Letting lies pass unopposed is, in effect, giving aid and comfort to the liar, and is the opposite of being impartial.
Moderators moderate and don't debate the candidates. They are like catalysts, help the process while they do not get involved in the debate.

I took it as Wallace saying he believes his job is to moderate, ask questions, and let BOTH candidates say whatever they want...rather than pull a 'biased Candy Crowley' inpersonation.

You want fact checking? Look to Politifact.

Candy Crowley should have been bitch slapped into another galaxy for the shit she pulled in 2012. I'm glad to see that Wallace won't "go there".

This line up of moderators looks pretty solid.

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has no intention of fact checking Trump’s lies during the debates

Sarah K. Burris
04 Sep 2016

If you hoped that debate moderators would have the scruples to hold the candidates in check during the upcoming forums, Fox News host Chris Wallace has already said he won’t be doing it.

<snip>

Wallace said that he hopes the event will become more of a debate between the candidates and not a debate between the candidate and moderators armed with facts.

“Frankly… these two just plain don’t like each other,” Wallace said, unleashing his keen observations. “I suspect I’m not going to have any problem getting them to engage with each other, but I don’t view my role as truth-squading and I think that is a step too far. If people want to do it after the debate, fine, it’s not my role.”

IOW's the whole great big FOX fact-check squad in the backroom, behind of the debate stage will have nothing to do - FOX does have a fact-check squad...don't they?

shocking that someone working for faux news wouldn't think truth matters.

Very telling, how proud all the Trump fans are to announce their "Lying is great!" view of things.

The two sides are very different in how they rate honesty. Liberals consider honesty to be important, conservatives consider it to be a liability.

Sarah K. Burris
04 Sep 2016

<snip>

Crowley worked for CNN, and she didn't

Very telling, how proud all the Trump fans are to announce their "Lying is great!" view of things.

The two sides are very different in how they rate honesty. Liberals consider honesty to be important, conservatives consider it to be a liability.

Liberals consider honesty to be important

and yet they support Hillary

Sarah K. Burris
04 Sep 2016

<snip>

Your lack of understanding of the meaning of the word "moderator" is astonishing....

Candy Crowley should have been bitch slapped into another galaxy for the shit she pulled in 2012. I'm glad to see that Wallace won't "go there".

This line up of moderators looks pretty solid.

riiiiiight....theys should let you sociopaths lie.

It's not the moderators duty to jump in and become part of the debate. It's just that simple. The battle is between the candidates without interference.

I think most DNC and Clinton supporters should find this as good news.

Frankly, the headline should have read;

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has no intention of fact checking Hillary’s lies during the debates

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, I hope we cleared the confusion up between the meaning of words: moderator and reporter.

Last edited:
You've definitely cleared up how all Trump fans want a partisan parrot instead of an actual honest moderator.

Dishonest, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, Trump fans.

Forum List

Back