Chris Rock: Selective Outrage (Netflix)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Chris Rock's new Netflix special is tight. Really tight. The man comes out on stage, turns on the afterburners and leaves them on the entire hour.

He's smart. Whip smart. And he cuts like a surgeon.

Of course he takes on Will Smith, but saves that for the end as he builds and builds to a huge climax. He completely eviscerates Smith.

This man has earned every penny of his wealth.

Chris Rock's new Netflix special is tight. Really tight. The man comes out on stage, turns on the afterburners and leaves them on the entire hour.

Of course he takes on Will Smith, but saves that for the end as he builds and builds to a huge climax. He completely eviscerates Smith.

Hey -- you finally said something with which I agree!

I enjoyed it
Maybe not his best, but still a great routine

His attacks on Meagan Markle, the Kardashians, Will Smith and even his own daughter were classics

Nope.
It was certainly not his best. Chappelle and Burr's specials are whole other levels better.
Rock's delivery was more like giving a speech than comedy. Several times the audience not only didn't laugh, but was dead silent after his punch line.
Also, the special was done in Baltimore. Rock repeatedly kept referring to areas and names of parks in that area as a part of the punchline. Leaving the vast majority of the viewing audience not knowing what he was talking about. Cherry Hill. He mentioned at least 3 times. I had to look it up to know what that is.
Chris Rock has done a lot better than this one.

Forum List

Back