Chris Christie Delivers Major Blow to Party Elites Resisting Trump

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Chris Christie Delivers Major Blow to Party Elites Resisting Trump

Now I have two reasons to hate Chris Christie.

First, his embrace (literally) of Barack Hussein Obama a few days of the election of 2012. Some think that embrace put Obama over the top for re-election.

Now, he is endorsing Trump, a clear betrayal of the Republican Party (again).

Chris Christie argued that only a governor should be elected to President, and he tried to destroy Marco Rubio on that basis.

Now, he has tossed that argument out the window, endorsing a man who can't even run a business without running it into the ground four times, screwing creditors and people who worked with him.

Republicans seem to be abandoning all of their principals for the perceived "strong man".

It's what I've always said...republicans in a lot of instances are nothing more than authoritarian looking for someone to tell them which way is up.

Republicans seem to be abandoning all of their principals for the perceived "strong man".

It's what I've always said...republicans in a lot of instances are nothing more than authoritarian looking for someone to tell them which way is up.

You mean like the Dems did swinging to the far left under Obie?........gotch'a............:spinner:.

You mean like the Dems did swinging to the far left under Obie?........gotch'a............:spinner:.

When you guys have no point yiu can always count on the old "you mean like..." bs. Very original

As obnoxious as Trump is, Hillary or Sanders won't stand a chance against him. You Democrats should have found better candidates.

You republicans should value your values. How was anyone supposed to know you didn't really care about knowledge, abortion, gay rights and the functions of Government.

We would've ran the Rock if we knew bluster would win the day.

Here's how the majority of R's that I know think (as expressed to me over the years, looooong before Trump came around).
1. Border (secure it, enforce the laws, and DON'T FUCK AROUND about it).
2. Economy (by and large, get the gov't out of the business of the free market).
3. Gov't programs (cut the shit out that doesn't work or is obscenely wasteful - Dept. of Education - we are 30th in the world yet spend more per student than any other nation).

People don't care about Trumps stance on Planned Parenthood, gay marriage, etc... At least not to the extent you think they do.

Trump's positions are not what worries me, it is his way of burning bridges with people that he will need to deal with when he is President.

His throw-down with the Pope is just an example. He should have let that one slide, and maybe it wouldn't have been a big story. But he couldn't resist the temptation to hit back, so now he's the guy who said that religious leaders have no right to say who's a good Christian.

Well that's not only wrong, it's stupid and wrong. It is the Pope's job to say who is acting like a good Christian. Jesus himself gave Popes that power when he gave St. Peter the keys to the kingdom, and the power to bind and loose. The fact that Trump doesn't know that proves what a moron he is.

Christie needs to lose weight. He must weigh at least 300 pounds.

Here's how the majority of R's that I know think (as expressed to me over the years, looooong before Trump came around).
2. Economy (by and large, get the gov't out of the business of the free market).
3. Gov't programs (cut the shit out that doesn't work or is obscenely wasteful - Dept. of Education - we are 30th in the world yet spend more per student than any other nation).

People don't care about Trumps stance on Planned Parenthood, gay marriage, etc... At least not to the extent you think they do.

You're right, republicans haven't been saying anything other than supportive things about gays and abortion. What was I thinking?

You're right, republicans haven't been saying anything other than supportive things about gays and abortion. What was I thinking?
KingOfCars is one of those Republicans who never meets a social conservative at the country club or at the tennis court or in the boardroom, so he assumes we don't exist.

Read what I typed. THE MAJORITY OF R'S THAT I KNOW. Like in "Personally Know". Not the talking points people on the television. Most of them simply don't care whether it's Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve. And yes, while the vast majority of R'S THAT I KNOW abhor abortion, just about all of them feel it's a state's rights decision, and that the Federal Gov't should stay the fuck out of it, and certainly they don't want to be taxed to pay for it.

KingOfCars is one of those Republicans who never meets a social conservative at the country club or at the tennis court or in the boardroom, so he assumes we don't exist.

Wrong on many levels:
1. Not a Republican any more. Seeing the true nature of what the party has become has driven me away. Still very conservative on many things, and middle of the road on others.

2. Don't hang out at country clubs / tennis courts / boardrooms. I've got better things to do. Been there and done that, and quite frankly, it left me with a feeling of emptiness hanging out with those trouser-stains.

3. No assumtion that you don't exist. Again, READ MY ORIGINAL POST. The MAJORITY of R's that I KNOW.

Read what I typed. THE MAJORITY OF R'S THAT I KNOW. Like in "Personally Know". Not the talking points people on the television. Most of them simply don't care whether it's Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve. And yes, while the vast majority of R'S THAT I KNOW abhor abortion, just about all of them feel it's a state's rights decision, and that the Federal Gov't should stay the fuck out of it, and certainly they don't want to be taxed to pay for it.

Wrong on many levels:
1. Not a Republican any more. Seeing the true nature of what the party has become has driven me away. Still very conservative on many things, and middle of the road on others.

2. Don't hang out at country clubs / tennis courts / boardrooms. I've got better things to do. Been there and done that, and quite frankly, it left me with a feeling of emptiness hanging out with those trouser-stains.

3. No assumtion that you don't exist. Again, READ MY ORIGINAL POST. The MAJORITY of R's that I KNOW.
Right, because you don't make friends with pro-lifers because we're a bunch of yokels from Dogpatch, USA.

Wrong on many levels:

Right, because you don't make friends with pro-lifers because we're a bunch of yokels from Dogpatch, USA.

Speculate much? Well, you sure as hell draw ridiculous conclusions about who my friends are and what their beliefs are.

Forum List

Back