Chirac Est un Ver

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Annie, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Links and a great photo of Chirac the worm...

http://instapundit.com/archives/017679.php

2. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Maybe France didn't war for its interests.....but I'm not sure that it is the only reason, and I think It didn't for the reason I've explain in some other post : UN, international rights.......et caetera.

Because I thought one minute : France knew that the war will happen, and that USA will win - we are not dumb, what can do a poor army against the 1st world army ? - . France had interests in Iraq. So, a war would make that France will lose these advantages. So, if France, like you mean, do all ruled by it interests, it would do war with US and UK. So, France would have interests, advantages, like oil...., the winner advantages. But France didn't. And France knew that this war will annihilate the advantages.

Conclusion : if France wanted to keep it interests, it would do war. They didn't. So maybe this question of interests was not the only one which ruled the french decision.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Curious, did you check out the original site and links? Have you checked out any of the threads discussing the documents being reported all over the place about Bush's service? If the answer is 'No, haven't had time or not interested', please don't tell me you are 'open-minded.'

4. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Excuse me, "Kathianne the great", but it's quite hard for me to read and well understand all these text.

And, YOU, my dear, be open-minded.
    I didn't that France had so much interests in Iraq - i knew we had some, but not so many - , and I admit that theis question of interestshad certainly plaid in the french decision. But Isay also that if France makes all ruled by interests, it did war. And it did'nt.

SO it's not because I don't read all your links that I 'm close-minded. It's only that I don't speak English like you. If you'ld go one day on a french board with a level in french like mine in english, you'll see it will be hard for you.
    I think that the fact I come here, i speak with people who are not really nice with me for the most mart, some are agressive, and that I stay polite, want to understand, maybe want to teach you sometimes when I can, want to leanr from you when it could happen , it is not particularly a demonstration of the fact that I'm "close-minded".....

And in my post you'll never read that I affirm I tell the truth. It is suggestion, supputation....

For the pic, I think that the Sun is a cradle of filth, even the real english journalist say it.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Excuse me, watch 'the great' stuff, that could be considered flamming a moderator-see rules.

The French seem to have come to the conclusion that the US is FRANCE"S enemy; while so many of you keep claiming that the US people are treating you too harshly, you seem to forget the very practical maxim, "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." Since France chose to sell the missiles, right up to the eve of war, knowing they would be used on US pilots, not to mention they had been sold and used, unsuccessfully for the past 13 years on US and UK pilots, France IS our self-declared enemy through actions.

6. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Do you really think that France sold missiles for kill US pilots ? it is bad faith.....the international weapon parket is like it is, USA sold also lot of weapons...
    Be sure that France and French don't consider USA like an ennemy, if there are some who do, they are dumb.

When we sold Exocet missiles to Argentina, and when one of them sunk a British ship, do you think that we thought "great, exactly like we've planed it"...No !
    France is not happy when french weapons kill allied soldiers...

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    The French arms industry did indeed sell arms to Iraq AFTER the UN sanctions went in place. They also aided Iraq in the Oil for Food scandal AFTER the UN sanctions were in place; in other words, France, who severely criticized the US for not complying with the wishes of the international community, did themselves ignore the wishes of the international community.

Much criticism is heaped on the US regarding the lust for money (oil) and power, yet every nation on the planet seeks to further their own interests without regard for the global community, and this includes France. Four billion dollars is not a trivial sum, even to the US.

8. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I agree, but sale weapons and do war is not exactly the same thing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    True enough, but the sale of weapons to a country which is under international sanctions (sanctions to which France had agreed to adhere) is dishonest as a minimum. France and Germany both seem to have a problem (as do many other nations) following their own advice. Their participation in the EU as well as the UN boils down to "Do as we tell you, not as we do."

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Considering they were still selling the weapons on the eve of war, yes, they were doing so with the idea they would be used against the US. Yesterday I provided you with the link that showed the countries that provided weapons and the ranking of what they provided. It was not close-you know that.

So, France was definately working on the presumption of "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend."