"Chink in the armor"

Is it racist?

• racsit

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • not racist

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • What butthurt corn hole thought that was racist and made it headline news?!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nice to know that some people didn't even notice it.

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Whether intentional or not, ESPN

In these early stages, we can't tell you if ESPN copy editors using "chink in the armor" as a way to describe Asian-American Jeremy Lin and his New York Knicks losing their first game in 13 days on Friday night is on par with what Jason Whitlock pulled off a week before. Whitlock obviously, and admittedly, made an awful (and worse, to me, unfunny) joke at Lin's heritage's expense.

That's it. Headline news for using an old saying is racist b/c he's Japanese.

Whether intentional or not, ESPN

In these early stages, we can't tell you if ESPN copy editors using "chink in the armor" as a way to describe Asian-American Jeremy Lin and his New York Knicks losing their first game in 13 days on Friday night is on par with what Jason Whitlock pulled off a week before. Whitlock obviously, and admittedly, made an awful (and worse, to me, unfunny) joke at Lin's heritage's expense.

That's it. Headline news for using an old saying is racist b/c he's Japanese.

Actually, his heritage is Chinese, from Taiwan. Funny how the PC nazis are always the ones who scream racist the loudest at any and every opportunity. The best person to say whether the phrase was used in a racist way is Lin himself. Strange that this journo has made some assumptions without checking with Lin, but never let reality get in the way of the next story!

Last edited:
Classic Scrubs...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0nNS_zjds]Scrubs- "chink" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORkvyBTE50]Scrubs: Cox notices the Asians disliking JD - YouTube[/ame]

"Chink in the armor"

$images.jpeg

It would be racist if he meant in that way, and if the saying had to do with Chinese people. But it doesn't, so no it isn't racist.

It would be racist if he meant in that way, and if the saying had to do with Chinese people. But it doesn't, so no it isn't racist.

ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin*headline; suspends anchor for 30 days* - NY Daily News

really?

They fired him?
Yeah, it was kind of stupid to say but come on. You how many times they use that saying in sports?
Some people need to put on their big girl panties.

it was a really stupid thing to say

if the writer knew the overtones, he deserved to be fired

if he didn't know the overtones, he deserved to get fired

it's a hard life, but it's even harder when you're stupid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYOzUHnPJvU]Prefered Nomenclature - YouTube[/ame]

the writer and the editor should know better than to put up something that can be taken the wrong way. its part of the job

Forum List

Back