children who murder

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
If a child is raised in brutality and ordered to murder from a very young age, is he ever responsible for murders he commits?

Leaving the lifestyle would mean unlearning all he knew. And rebelling against it in the early stages of unlearning could mean his death at the hands of the people who raised him to kill.

Where is his responsibility?

If a child is raised in brutality and ordered to murder from a very young age, is he ever responsible for murders he commits?

Leaving the lifestyle would mean unlearning all he knew. And rebelling against it in the early stages of unlearning could mean his death at the hands of the people who raised him to kill.

Where is his responsibility?

Each state determines the age at which a child can be held responsibile for a crime. Since your question is posted in Religion and Ethics the answer is much more complicated.

• Banned
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking of more eternal implications ... of the kind of life few of us could imagine and probably none of us should judge ... but sometimes we do anyway.

• Banned
Where does the notion that God won't let us be tempted more than we can bear come from?

Is it in the Bible?

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking of more eternal implications ... of the kind of life few of us could imagine and probably none of us should judge ... but sometimes we do anyway.

It doesn't matter if it's a child or and adult who murders...either can or will be forgiven.

A Child, depending on age, is more likely already forgiven, as they may not have had the opportunity in their life to learn about God. And adult can be forgiven, if they turn to God and ask for forgiveness. So they have a choice....but they also have to believe in their heart what they're saying, because God knows.

• Banned
Where does the notion that God won't let us be tempted more than we can bear come from?

Is it in the Bible?

No. Neither is "God only helps those who help them selves".

I googled my question first and got the impression that it would not turn out to be in the Bible but then I posted my question at a religion board and they came up with:

1 Corinthians 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

• Banned
The specific case I was thinking of was that of Uday and Qusay Hussein. I can't put my finger on a reference but I seem to remember hearing that Saddam forced them into a life of murder and torture very very early.

Can you imagine being 8 and having your father take you to his personal torture chamber to get you started in the family business?

Don't ask me why I was thinking of Uday and Qusay. I can't remember what brought them to mind.

The specific case I was thinking of was that of Uday and Qusay Hussein. I can't put my finger on a reference but I seem to remember hearing that Saddam forced them into a life of murder and torture very very early.

Can you imagine being 8 and having your father take you to his personal torture chamber to get you started in the family business?

Don't ask me why I was thinking of Uday and Qusay. I can't remember what brought them to mind.

It's hard to imagine that there are people so evil to raise their own children this way...but there is, and God will sort them out eventually!

"Ok kids...today's lesson will be on pulling out fingernails. Tomorrow you'll get to watch a beheading!" Must be pretty exciting.... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back