Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

Luckily Gavage isn't very common anymore, and is largely found in Africa and every once in a while: Pakistan. It would also be more likely to spring up in France in Europe since the largest practicing country Mauritania is a former French colony.

A much more common concern today regarding the diet of women in the world is malnutrition and them not receiving as much food as male counterparts.
Nice job trying to whitewash the practice of Muslim men marrying child brides which goes back to Mohammad marrying an 8 year old. Omir.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5t9U9r9Kfs]Pedophilia is OK in Islam - YouTube[/ame]
She was 6, but he waited until she was 9 before he violated her. What a guy.
Anything over 12 is considered a geezer in Islamic countries.

It's even happening in Europe, where Muslims are a minority:

Muslim Child Brides in Britain

It is heartbreaking, even as it is unsurprising. In Britain, the authorities are now reporting the forced marriage of girls as young as nine years old on British soil. We are not talking about one case, but several, which take place under official protection. We are not speaking, then, about parents or “husbands” who are being charged with a criminal offense. The situation, in other words, is completely unacceptable and makes clear that we have a crying need for a new approach to these matters. Government must put its foot down – and powerfully so – so that there will be no doubt as to the way in which such grotesque crimes will be addressed.

First, when I say that the marriage of nine-year-old girls in today’s Britain (and the rest of the EU, for that matter) is unsurprising, my statement is based on my own 17 years of experience in the field of immigration: forms of assault based on tradition and religion – including child marriage, forced marriage, genital mutilation, so-called honor-related offenses such as rape and murder – have become established here as a result of immigration, mostly from Muslim countries. Instances of these offenses have been documented in countries such as Norway (where, to be sure, there have been no recorded cases of marriage to girls as young as nine, but where the marriage of an 11-year-old came to light in a TV documentary that I worked on as journalist; such cases have also been known in Sweden). The only phenomenon that has not been documented in Norway thus far is forced eating by girls before they are to be married off. I was told about this practice by feminists in Paris in 2003, and the phenomenon had been imported into France by immigrants, mostly from Mali. Girls are locked up and fed like geese before being married, because in their culture being fat is considered beautiful.

Luckily Gavage isn't very common anymore, and is largely found in Africa and every once in a while: Pakistan. It would also be more likely to spring up in France in Europe since the largest practicing country Mauritania is a former French colony.

A much more common concern today regarding the diet of women in the world is malnutrition and them not receiving as much food as male counterparts.
You don't say???

?Girls are the world?s forgotten population?: Nine facts about child brides

Contemporary Pedophilic Islamic Marriages - WikiIslam

You might want to look up the definition of the word gavage ;)

It's forced feeding, not child marriage.

Last edited:

Nice job trying to whitewash the practice of Muslim men marrying child brides which goes back to Mohammad marrying an 8 year old. Omir.

You might want to look up the definition of the word gavage too. Seriously you guys have some pretty major problems with bad assumptions.

Last edited:

You might want to look up the definition of the word gavage too. Seriously you guys have some pretty major problems with bad assumptions.
Oh okay, my bad. So child brides is not prevalent in Muslim countries, and it has nothing to do with Islam? Sure thing, buddy boy.

Sharia Law has led to the legislation of child marriage in 6 countries

Saudi wives can be not only pre-pubescent, but even babies, because Saudi Arabia has no minimum marriage age at all

While Sharia law courts have created a lot of controversy in Britain, they would be even more controversial if people found out that Sharia has led to the legalisation of child marriage in 6 countries. As the vast majority of people seem to be unaware of Sharia's child marriage dimension, this article only uses mainstream media articles, the UN, a major opinion poll company's Sharia law polling data, and the early biographer of Mohammed who Muslims say is the most reliable, and who states unequivocally that that Mohammed married one of his wives, 'Aisha, when she was a child as its sources.

For example, this 2008 "Times" article about forced child marriages in Nigeria, reveals that there is "fierce resistance" in its mostly Muslim states to a ban on child marriage, because they see such a ban as contrary to Sharia, which is why only one of them has agreed to a modified form of the ban (which outlaws marriage to pre-pubescent girls):

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5248224.ece

So why do Nigerian Islamists support child marriage?

Sharia is based on "The Koran", and the "Sunnah" (the words and deeds of Mohammed), and according to Sahih al-Bukhari, who is regarded by Muslims as the most reliable early biographer of their prophet, the founder of Islam married one of his wives, 'Aisha, when she was 6, and consummated that marriage when she was 9, as volume 7, book 62, number 64 of this University of Southern California Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement translation of Al-Bukhari reveals:

http://www.cmje.org/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/062-sbt.php

These 4 BBC News, "New York Times", UN, and "Wall Street Journal" articles mention Islamists in Yemen, Niger, and Saudi Arabia who say that Mohammed's child bride is the reason why they are in favour of child marriage:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Child marriage and divorce in Yemen

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/world/middleeast/29marriage.html

IRIN Africa | NIGER: Where childhood ends on the marriage bed | Niger | Children | Education | Gender Issues | Governance | Health & Nutrition | Human Rights

Cleric Fights Saudi Bid to Ban Child Marriages - WSJ.com

People tend to think of Turkey as a relatively secular Muslim country, but the "San Francisco Chronicle" article about Saudi Arabian child marriage which I cited a moment ago, also mentions the fact that Turkey's Islamist government reduced the minimum marriage to 12 in 2009. The result of that law change, was of course the legalisation of forced child marriages, which is why this Turkish newspaper article discusses the case of a Syrian 12 year old girl whose family sold her to a middle aged Turkish husband, who then raped her and forced her to take drugs, which led to Turkish police having to rescue her after her Syrian family complained:

TURKEY - 12-year-old Syrian bride rescued from abuse in Turkey

Oh okay, my bad. So child brides is not prevalent in Muslim countries, and it has nothing to do with Islam? Sure thing, buddy boy.

Sharia Law has led to the legislation of child marriage in 6 countries

Saudi wives can be not only pre-pubescent, but even babies, because Saudi Arabia has no minimum marriage age at all

While Sharia law courts have created a lot of controversy in Britain, they would be even more controversial if people found out that Sharia has led to the legalisation of child marriage in 6 countries. As the vast majority of people seem to be unaware of Sharia's child marriage dimension, this article only uses mainstream media articles, the UN, a major opinion poll company's Sharia law polling data, and the early biographer of Mohammed who Muslims say is the most reliable, and who states unequivocally that that Mohammed married one of his wives, 'Aisha, when she was a child as its sources.

For example, this 2008 "Times" article about forced child marriages in Nigeria, reveals that there is "fierce resistance" in its mostly Muslim states to a ban on child marriage, because they see such a ban as contrary to Sharia, which is why only one of them has agreed to a modified form of the ban (which outlaws marriage to pre-pubescent girls):

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5248224.ece

So why do Nigerian Islamists support child marriage?

Sharia is based on "The Koran", and the "Sunnah" (the words and deeds of Mohammed), and according to Sahih al-Bukhari, who is regarded by Muslims as the most reliable early biographer of their prophet, the founder of Islam married one of his wives, 'Aisha, when she was 6, and consummated that marriage when she was 9, as volume 7, book 62, number 64 of this University of Southern California Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement translation of Al-Bukhari reveals:

http://www.cmje.org/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/062-sbt.php

These 4 BBC News, "New York Times", UN, and "Wall Street Journal" articles mention Islamists in Yemen, Niger, and Saudi Arabia who say that Mohammed's child bride is the reason why they are in favour of child marriage:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Child marriage and divorce in Yemen

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/world/middleeast/29marriage.html

IRIN Africa | NIGER: Where childhood ends on the marriage bed | Niger | Children | Education | Gender Issues | Governance | Health & Nutrition | Human Rights

Cleric Fights Saudi Bid to Ban Child Marriages - WSJ.com

People tend to think of Turkey as a relatively secular Muslim country, but the "San Francisco Chronicle" article about Saudi Arabian child marriage which I cited a moment ago, also mentions the fact that Turkey's Islamist government reduced the minimum marriage to 12 in 2009. The result of that law change, was of course the legalisation of forced child marriages, which is why this Turkish newspaper article discusses the case of a Syrian 12 year old girl whose family sold her to a middle aged Turkish husband, who then raped her and forced her to take drugs, which led to Turkish police having to rescue her after her Syrian family complained:

TURKEY - 12-year-old Syrian bride rescued from abuse in Turkey

Gavage is the practice of forced feeding. Nice off topic copy and paste ramble though.

Last edited:

Gavage is the practice of forced feeding. Nice off topic copy and paste ramble though.

That's not the topic of this thread. The topic is child brides. Maybe that's what's you'd like to divert the subject to, considering its prevalence in the Muslim world due to prophet Mohammad marrying an 8 year old.

[
That's not the topic of this thread. The topic is child brides. Maybe that's what's you'd like to divert the subject to, considering its prevalence in the Muslim world due to prophet Mohammad marrying an 8 year old.

You're the one who brought up the issue of gavage there buddy. :cuckoo:

[

You're the one trying to confuse the issue and steer away from child brides, Old Bean. We know how to employ a lexicon.

[

It was part of a general article that discussed abuse of children.

Having difficulty figuring out the topic? What's the title of this thread? Oh, that's right, it's....
****"Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night"**** :clap:

[

You're the one trying to confuse the issue and steer away from child brides, Old Bean. We know how to employ a lexicon.
Typical Islamist sympathizer diversionary tactics.

Except I've done no such thing. I made one post about it in direct reply to someone who mentioned it and then continued to discuss child marriage.

Honestly, how insecure are you guys?

Having difficulty figuring out the topic? What's the title of this thread? Oh, that's right, it's....
****"Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night"**** :clap:

And I have made several posts responding to that. Once again, you're the one who brought up the issue of gavage. Just because you got confused and misread my post doesn't mean you get to throw a fit ;)

Last edited:
The practice of child brides is not a religious issue, it is a cultural issue.
The Chinese practiced it for centuries as has other cultures. The mere fact that women were regarded as property and of less value than horses promoted the idea that they could be bought or had to have dowries to allow their worth to the user.

The Chinese practiced it for centuries as has other cultures. The mere fact that women were regarded as property and of less value than horses promoted the idea that they could be bought or had to have dowries to allow their worth to the user.

Careful, or Roudy and Hossfly might accuse you of being a secret Muslim.

Like France, many other countries, increased the age of consent to 13 in the 19th century. Nations, such as Portugal, Spain, Denmark and the Swiss cantons, that adopted or mirrored the Napoleonic code likewise initially set the age of consent at 10-12 years and then raised it to between 13 and 16 years in the second half of the 19th century. In 1875, England raised the age to 13 years; an act of sexual intercourse with a girl younger than 13 was a felony. In the U.S., each state determined its own criminal law and age of consent ranged from 10 to 12 years of age. U.S. laws did not change in the wake of England's shift. Nor did Anglo-American law apply to boys.

Children and Youth in History | Age of Consent Laws

Disgusting.
There is no way in this world that an 8 year old child should have sexual contact of any sort.
This bastard bloke should have his dick removed with a blunt saw.

How common is child marriage in Yemen?

Too bloody common.
Their society see a girl as fair game from puberty but that's considered to be at 9 years old, dodgy at best and bloody criminal in my opinion.
However, weak laws and local custom overrides everything so girls are often married off at crazy young ages.
The same, just not quite as bad happens here but I've never seen a case of a girl less than 13 being married off.
The cause here isn't filthy men after kids (mostly) as the husband is usually little older than the wife, more the poverty that forces parents to get rid of kids as soon as possible.
I've seen several 13 to 15 year old girls get married to boys hardly ready to look after a family.
The upshot is, these new families produces kids that will get the same total lack of education so the cycle goes on.

Education is the key to this and many other problems in Indonesia and I suspect the same applied in Yemen.

Thanks for the informative answer.

I wonder why its so common in some states especially.

At one time, It was common among the Georgian community in Israel, they used to marry them when they were 14-16, but starting the 90's, our government decided to take measures against this despicable phenomenon.

I don't know how common it is in the Arab community, but as far as I know, the 'trend' is decreasing, thankfully.

I guess you're right, about the poverty part, but I find it hard to understand why on God's green earth people who cannot even keep themselves alive, bring kids to the world, to be miserable just like them. I know it sounds horrible to say that, but that is how i feel sometimes.

Careful, or Roudy and Hossfly might accuse you of being a secret Muslim.

Fortunately I associate with no form of religion.