Chief Justice Rehnquist has cancer

no1tovote4 said:
This is a cancer with one of the highest cure rates, there is little doubt that Renquist will be back on the bench in no time.

I certainly hope so. However, it does bring the judge issue to the table. It really should be getting more time.

no1tovote4 said:
This is a cancer with one of the highest cure rates, there is little doubt that Renquist will be back on the bench in no time.

Cancer is cancer... unpredictable. Actually Renquist just received a tracheotomy, which they (more often than not) only use when the cancer is of a more aggressive nature.... :dunno:

lilcountriegal said:
Cancer is cancer... unpredictable. Actually Renquist just received a tracheotomy, which they (more often than not) only use when the cancer is of a more aggressive nature.... :dunno:

We'll see, Thyroid Cancer is very treatable and the removal of the thyroid (around the adams apple in the throat) is often necessary thus creating a need for a tracheotomy but almost never fatal.

There is of course a chance that he could die, and I agree that it should be out more and that is why I replied to the thread. It should be pressed forward into our minds, one of them could die in a car accident tomorrow.

no1tovote4 said:
We'll see, Thyroid Cancer is very treatable and the removal of the thyroid (around the adams apple in the throat) is often necessary thus creating a need for a tracheotomy but almost never fatal.

There is of course a chance that he could die, and I agree that it should be out more and that is why I replied to the thread. It should be pressed forward into our minds, one of them could die in a car accident tomorrow.

I completely agree about thyroid cancer being the most treatable. However, when I see the word "aggressive" in front of cancer, the possibility of metastases jumps to mind... in that case, given his age, odds are pretty much against him.

New Topics

Forum List

Back