Chicago Beating of Honor Student, demostrates the Problem with Schools Today!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

An honor student tradgically beaten to death, since I leave in Chicago I have seen this video a dozen or so times and my heart breaks. Here is a kid in tough part of the country that was bucking the obstacles and working hard at school. He had a future and thugs took it away from him, but there are an underlining issues here.

(1) Schools vary greatly in education from places all over the state!
(2) Smart kids are afraid to display their intelligence from fear of harassment.
(3) Kids with behavior problems do not get the discipline they need and take it out on other kids! The kids with behavior problems cause things like school shootings and teen suicide!
(4) The liberalization of the school system, teaching little Johnnie that he and little Mikey are same. That is not the real world! Children should be taught that hard work and dedication pays off. So kids have an advantage over you, but you can work to overcome them!

I have solutions. Make education a state level, not county or city, responsibility. Segregate kids by behavior and intelligence.

Step 1:
All kids should be required to go to school at age 4. At this time they are constantly evaluated, tested and observed in their intelligence and behavior. The evaluators must keep their jobs secret and do not have any interaction with the parents. The kids are evaluated from 4-7.

Step 2:
At age 7 the children start to get segregated on behavior. The children with behavior problems go to one school type and non-behavior children go to another place. For 2 years the children can go back and forth from schools.

Step 3: The 6 school system! from 9-18!
At age 9 the children get segregated still by behavior, but also by intelligence. Here are the 6 schools (all should be strategically located through out the state, so kids can theortically get to them, obviously there are some exceptions for the boon-dock areas of the state):
(1) The Geniuses: Kids that appear to be geniuses shall be segregated here. The geniuses will be surrounded by other geniuses so they won't be afraid to display their intelligence. On top of that the circulum will be much more intense and they will study harder subjects!
(2) Good Behavior/Normal to High Intelligence:
Just what the name says! This is obviously be the majority schools!
(3) Good Behavior/Lower intelligence:
Sometimes the not so sharpest pencil can be a good kid. These kids are not worthless, they just excell at other things. They should be prepared for that. They circulum will obviously have English, basic math, basic science and history, but will focus on skills they will need, like auto mechanics, carpentry etc that will prepare them for after school.
(4) Bad Behavior/Normal to High Intelligence:
This will be like number 2, but a much stricter and controlled schooling system. Discipline will be a premuim here.
(5) Bad Behavior/Lower Intelligence:
This will be like number 3, but a much stricter and controlled schooling system. Discipline will be a premuim here also.
(6) The Worst of the Worst:
These are the real bad apples. The ones that need boot camp. Here the kids are taken to over-night school. These are boot camps. Discipline is the main focus here!

Note that once they get to step 3 its easy to go down in level, but very difficult to go up in level!

I like your suggestions and I hope at least some of them are put in place. Unfortunately, I gave up on Public Education years ago. I know I should care, but cases like this make me happy I've followed Obama's advice on which schools to send your kids.

An honor student tradgically beaten to death, since I leave in Chicago I have seen this video a dozen or so times and my heart breaks. Here is a kid in tough part of the country that was bucking the obstacles and working hard at school. He had a future and thugs took it away from him, but there are an underlining issues here.

(2) Smart kids are afraid to display their intelligence from fear of harassment.
(3) Kids with behavior problems do not get the discipline they need and take it out on other kids! The kids with behavior problems cause things like school shootings and teen suicide!
(4) The liberalization of the school system, teaching little Johnnie that he and little Mikey are same. That is not the real world! Children should be taught that hard work and dedication pays off. So kids have an advantage over you, but you can work to overcome them!

I have solutions. Make education a state level, not county or city, responsibility. Segregate kids by behavior and intelligence.

Step 1:
All kids should be required to go to school at age 4. At this time they are constantly evaluated, tested and observed in their intelligence and behavior. The evaluators must keep their jobs secret and do not have any interaction with the parents. The kids are evaluated from 4-7.

Step 2:
At age 7 the children start to get segregated on behavior. The children with behavior problems go to one school type and non-behavior children go to another place. For 2 years the children can go back and forth from schools.

At age 9 the children get segregated still by behavior, but also by intelligence. Here are the 6 schools (all should be strategically located through out the state, so kids can theortically get to them, obviously there are some exceptions for the boon-dock areas of the state):
(1) The Geniuses: Kids that appear to be geniuses shall be segregated here. The geniuses will be surrounded by other geniuses so they won't be afraid to display their intelligence. On top of that the circulum will be much more intense and they will study harder subjects!
Sometimes the not so sharpest pencil can be a good kid. These kids are not worthless, they just excell at other things. They should be prepared for that. They circulum will obviously have English, basic math, basic science and history, but will focus on skills they will need, like auto mechanics, carpentry etc that will prepare them for after school.
This will be like number 2, but a much stricter and controlled schooling system. Discipline will be a premuim here.
This will be like number 3, but a much stricter and controlled schooling system. Discipline will be a premuim here also.
These are the real bad apples. The ones that need boot camp. Here the kids are taken to over-night school. These are boot camps. Discipline is the main focus here!

Note that once they get to step 3 its easy to go down in level, but very difficult to go up in level!

So, according to your system a 9 year old that may be acting out because his parents are divorcing, is a lost cause for the rest of his life......yeah, that's the ticket.

How about we have discipline in schools instead? No more allowing kids to taunt each other, strict supervision at all times while at school and if you don't finish your schoolwork in class, you stay after. What an idea? The schools doing what they get paid to do?

Of course no teacher wants to stay after just because one of their students is having trouble with the curriculum so it will never happen.

Step 1:

Step 2:

But, it didn't happen at school.

Step 1:

Step 2:

This sounds like a great plan to create a caste system with the top level made up of elitist that have never been exposed to the general population.

92909sw.jpg

Education has been underfunded for a long time and the results are becoming quite clear.

Step 1:

Step 2:

This sounds like a great plan to create a caste system with the top level made up of elitist that have never been exposed to the general population.

Yeah, but in all fairness, I think we already have that....just those people go to private schools.

I like your suggestions and I hope at least some of them are put in place. Unfortunately, I gave up on Public Education years ago. I know I should care, but cases like this make me happy I've followed Obama's advice on which schools to send your kids.

I have 3 kids under 4, so I have to care!

i wonder if a plan like that is being used or has been used before?

Not being used, because it requires us to segregate kids by intelligence! We are actually going the opposition direction. Schools are taking out failing grades, not allowing dodge ball and not allowing coaches to cut kids!

Step 1:

Step 2:

But, it didn't happen at school.

It happened outside of school!

Step 1:

Step 2:

Yeah, but in all fairness, I think we already have that....just those people go to private schools.

Private school teachers get paid less and have less funds; however, they get run more efficiently and the students get a better and safer education! Go figure!

I think a better idea would be to have lower tolerance for children that are violent or agressive in school, and once expelled from the normal school, they would be placed in a transitional school that would be more able to give them what they need in terms of help, whether it be with a learning disability, or behavioral problems, or environmental problems (such as home life).

Some of the kids that excel in these programs would be transitioned back into the mainstream school.

The main reason to do this is that the troubled kids may detract from the education of those that are not aggressive or causing problems. The mainstream school would not be for only the smart kids, but for smart and dumb alike, as long as they are able to control themselves.

The problem that I see with making a school of smart kids and a school of less smart kids is that the smart kids will not know how to interact with members of the general public who are less intelligent than them when they finally become adults and get into the real world.

Private school teachers get paid less and have less funds; however, they get run more efficiently and the students get a better and safer education! Go figure!
I used to do skate school for school kids, the private school kids were always the rudiest!

I used to do skate school for school kids, the private school kids were always the rudiest!

Don't hold it against them because of your flaws. After all, they are like that only because you are not worthy of being in their presence.

Forum List

Back