Chicago --- a Nanny State?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by KarlMarx, Aug 23, 2006.

1. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/374942

No kidding... you can't serve goose or duck liver in Chicago, no smoking is allowed, no talking on your cell phone while driving ...

they're also thinking of.... banning foods fried in trans fatty acids, requiring microchips in all dogs.... I think I forgot a few....

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Link does't work for me Karl..could be me..donno.

3. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    You can make argument for all of those bans. I'm surprised that the city would be so proactive though.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Chicago may well have the weirdest aldermen in the USA. However, we also manage to have a sense of humor:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0608230150aug23,1,3522991,print.story

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Foie Gras! Aahhh, I thought that was what this was about, I heard something on the radio about this ban.

I won’t eat it, I won’t eat veal anymore, haven’t for 20+ years although I love it I can’t accept how it’s raised, same goes for Foie Gras. I don’t think either should be banned though. What’s next, the French fry, refried beans?

We should have never let the Government get into dictating what a business can and can’t do with the smoking bans. Now the sky is the limit, the flood gates are open!

6. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    That does it!!! I'm going to go on a bender! I'm going to take up smoking, indoors and with no filters, I'm going to use aerosol cans, I'm going to eat a big red juicy steak ... rare!!!! Then it's on to bacon, eggs, ham and sausage.... of course, let's not forget french fries.... and perhaps, I'll do it all while wearing a mink coat with seal skin boots while I drive around in an H2 SUV with a gun rack (and guns, of course!) a confederate flag, and those mudflaps in the shape of naked ladies, telling faggot and Polock jokes (when was the last time you heard a good one?) while I'm on my way to shop at Wal Mart, then go to a NASCAR race, and finish off by singing "Dixie". On my way home, I'll stop by a liquor store and buy some hard liquor, buy caviar and something made from whales, stay out in the sun too long, not brush my teeth after every meal. I'll use offensive terms like "negroes", "orientals", "waitresses", "stewardesses" and "secretaries", I'll refuse to address any woman as "Ms" and open doors for them, tip my hat and address them as "Ma'am", then afterwards, I'll chop down some trees in a virgin forest and of course, join the NRA, own a handgun with a concealed carry permit, vote straight Republican. I'll call my mother once a week and go to church every Sunday, join a Bible Club, give to Bob Jones University, become a member of the Moral Majority and spank my kid and wash his mouth out with soap.....

did I miss anything?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    You can also make arguments for bungee jumping, mud wrestling and eating bugs, but that doesn't make them good ideas

8. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Depends on whose doing the mud wrestling.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Stop, stop, STOP you individual free thinking non-PC SOB! Do you think you’re a minority or immigrant with special rights or something? Do you think you can say what you think without considering others feelings? I’ll bet you cheat on taxes don’t you? You refuse to “give back” some of what you’ve taken, right? Do you think you can get away with any of that? Pay up pal! I’ll bet you still use toilet paper made from innocent trees that were cut down in their prime too! I’ll bet you waste water, you bath EVERYDAY don’t you! How many millions of gallons per year do you waste? You stinking pig! You need a French lesson! I’ll bet you even release farts while in public places, releasing methane, polluting the air and causing and acceleration in global warming? You’re probably one of those weirdoes that think his home is his castle too, right? It’s people like you that give this Country a bad name. It’s why the world hates us so. Do you think the ACLU is on your side? Fall in line you rebel rouser, your time is limited. Get over your individual self and get with the GROUP! Remember our motto: “No brain, no pain”.

*PS..I think ya pretty much covered it.*