Chest thumping western leaders take a chill pill. OPCW is going to investigate the supposed attack

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Wow. Some fucking sanity is prevailing. While the regular "let's bomb the shit out of something" actors are chest thumping away, reality hits investigators.

Instead of just taking the word of the "White Helmets aka opposition to Assad" and other terror groups in the region there's some adults in the room and they are sending investigators to try to discover what did or did not happen.

"The international chemical weapons watchdog will send a fact-finding mission to Douma, Syria, to investigate the reports of an attack there. The move follows calls from Moscow and Damascus to launch an international investigation.

“Today, the OPCW Technical Secretariat has requested the Syrian Arab Republic to make the necessary arrangements for such a deployment. This has coincided with a request from the Syrian Arab Republic and the Russian Federation to investigate the allegations of chemical weapons use in Douma. The team is preparing to deploy to Syria shortly,” the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said in a statement on Tuesday"

More at link:

OPCW to send chemical weapons investigators to Syria’s Douma – statement

Thank God someone can go check for the proof that Russia is cleaning up as we speak!

Russia uses chemicals then invites us in to see how well they cleaned up the proof.

Bleachbit all over again

try not to OVER INTERPRET (aka inject your own agenda) tiny

What's to over interpret? This needs to be investigated before countries start bombing the fuck out of Syria. Remember Libya? It's a terrorist haven now with African slave markets in Tripoli.

Thank God someone can go check for the proof that Russia is cleaning up as we speak!

Russia uses chemicals then invites us in to see how well they cleaned up the proof.

Bleachbit all over again

How do you clean up a supposed chlorine gas attack? Autopsies need to be performed and tests on patients need to be done. It needs to be investigated.

These charges come from the White Helmets and the subsidiary of Jabhat al Nusra (AQ). Assad had already taken the city. A cease fire had been brokered.

Assad had no reason to gas his own civilians that he's been trying to free for years from Jaish al Islam for crying out loud.

What's to over interpret? This needs to be investigated before countries start bombing the fuck out of Syria. Remember Libya? It's a terrorist haven now with African slave markets in Tripoli.
You have been blowing Russias horn since this conflict started. I remember you doing this even under Obama. I don't personally know what your "agenda" is but I have learned to take everything you say about Russia with a grain of salt.

You have been blowing Russias horn since this conflict started. I remember you doing this even under Obama. I don't personally know what your "agenda" is but I have learned to take everything you say about Russia with a grain of salt.
Some of what she says makes sense. There does seem to be an agenda, though.

Libya has been a terrorist haven for decades. Khadaffy duck was a supporter of terrorism. Who do you imagine wants to "bomb the fuck out of Syria"?
Syria is already a pile of rubble. The "over-interpretation" is yours. People
want to bomb...the fuck... out of Syria <<<<< over interpretation. What finding of "the investigation" would you consider a reason to "bomb the fuck" out of Syria -----FOR ANYONE? Slaves in Libya? nothing new-----the market has, simply EXPANDED due to greater supply

Some of what she says makes sense. There does seem to be an agenda, though.

Actually my only agenda after having backed the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and having backed nation building is to make certain I never ever make the mistake again of taking anything any government says without completely researching it.

Because I've worked on womens rights and human rights in the ME since the mid 90's I was on some Don Quixote quest to find a way to change a barbaric culture in Afghanistan overnight and all would be rainbows, lollipops and equality for all.

I was a fool. I admit it. Mea culpa. And I could never apologize enough to all of the dead and injured for being one of those voices that supported our western actions.

I fought against my PM Harpers involvement in Egypt and Libya. I will fight against any involvement with NATO against Syria. I don't want to party to the war machine any more.

Bleachbit all over again

How do you clean up a supposed chlorine gas attack? Autopsies need to be performed and tests on patients need to be done. It needs to be investigated.

These charges come from the White Helmets and the subsidiary of Jabhat al Nusra (AQ). Assad had already taken the city. A cease fire had been brokered.

Assad had no reason to gas his own civilians that he's been trying to free for years from Jaish al Islam for crying out loud.

EXCELLENT----chlorine is a ubiquitous gas that evolves out of solution in
minutes-----for chlorine soaked clothes-------hang them with clothes pins
on a laundry line in the breeze. What sort of autopsy findings would one
find? (this is a quiz------I can tell you----but they are kinda non-specific

Libya has been a terrorist haven for decades. Khadaffy duck was a supporter of terrorism. Who do you imagine wants to "bomb the fuck out of Syria"?
Syria is already a pile of rubble. The "over-interpretation" is yours. People
want to bomb...the fuck... out of Syria <<<<< over interpretation. What finding of "the investigation" would you consider a reason to "bomb the fuck" out of Syria -----FOR ANYONE? Slaves in Libya? nothing new-----the market has, simply EXPANDED due to greater supply

Very simple. The finding of use of chemical weapons definitively by Assad will deserve action.

Just a weird thing I have about bombing the shit out of Syria and causing multiple deaths and injuries to Syrians to PUNISH Assad. Killing more Syrians just doesn't make sense to me.

And nonsense that Syria is a pile of rubble. Terrorist forces of course has caused damage and rooting out the terrorists has caused damage but much of Syria remains the same.

Beautiful and vibrant.

Downtown Damascus lives another kind of life
EFEDamascus15 Sep 2015

imagen.aspx

imagen.aspx

imagen.aspx

Downtown Damascus lives another kind of life

Bleachbit all over again

The OPCW investigators are professionals. I trust them.

[QUOTE="tinydancer, post:
Very simple. The finding of use of chemical weapons definitively by Assad will deserve action

the use of any chemical weapons? WHAT ACTION?

Bleachbit all over again

The OPCW investigators are professionals. I trust them.

I don't

so far--------from tiny---IF assad used chlorine gas bombs anywhere in Syria---
SOMETHING should be done----but she has no idea what that "something"
is. Excluded is the response that NO ONE but she suggested which is
"bombing the fuck out of Syria" which according to tiny is a burning desire of
many ????

Wow. Some fucking sanity is prevailing. While the regular "let's bomb the shit out of something" actors are chest thumping away, reality hits investigators.

Instead of just taking the word of the "White Helmets aka opposition to Assad" and other terror groups in the region there's some adults in the room and they are sending investigators to try to discover what did or did not happen.

"The international chemical weapons watchdog will send a fact-finding mission to Douma, Syria, to investigate the reports of an attack there. The move follows calls from Moscow and Damascus to launch an international investigation.

“Today, the OPCW Technical Secretariat has requested the Syrian Arab Republic to make the necessary arrangements for such a deployment. This has coincided with a request from the Syrian Arab Republic and the Russian Federation to investigate the allegations of chemical weapons use in Douma. The team is preparing to deploy to Syria shortly,” the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said in a statement on Tuesday"

More at link:

Yeah, how'd that work in previous incidents?

More at link:

utter transparency?

More at link:

utter transparency?

In your dreams. LOL

Forum List

Back