Chertoff, Now A Clinton Supporter

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
OMG, even Chertoff.

Once A Clinton Nemesis During Whitewater, Now A Clinton Supporter

It's hard to imagine a less likely Hillary Clinton supporter than Michael Chertoff.

Chertoff led the Republicans' 1990s probe into the Clintons' land deal, known as the Whitewater investigation — and that led to the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Clinton would later vote against Chertoff for other key positions requiring Senate approval.

In a dramatic turnaround, Chertoff just came out in support of Hillary Clinton for president.

"The reality is ... it's a binary choice. This is not, 'What is your best outcome in the world,' " Chertoff tells NPR's Renee Montagne. "It is: You have two people, and which of the two would be better as president? And I think presented in that way, it was pretty clear to me that I should publicly take the step of saying that I would be planning to vote for Hillary Clinton."

OMG, even Chertoff.

It's hard to imagine a less likely Hillary Clinton supporter than Michael Chertoff.

Chertoff led the Republicans' 1990s probe into the Clintons' land deal, known as the Whitewater investigation — and that led to the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Clinton would later vote against Chertoff for other key positions requiring Senate approval.

In a dramatic turnaround, Chertoff just came out in support of Hillary Clinton for president.

"The reality is ... it's a binary choice. This is not, 'What is your best outcome in the world,' " Chertoff tells NPR's Renee Montagne. "It is: You have two people, and which of the two would be better as president? And I think presented in that way, it was pretty clear to me that I should publicly take the step of saying that I would be planning to vote for Hillary Clinton."

Another idiot establishment GOP who is ok with giving the Supreme Court to the Dems for the next 25 plus years. Presidents change every 4-8 years, justices are around for decades.
Although the average tenure of a Supreme Court Justice from 1789 through 1970 was 14.9 years, for those Justices who have retired since 1970, the average tenure has jumped to 26.1 years.

Before you wet yourself you may want to do some further research on Chertoff...and the Chertoff Group.

Jus sayin ;)

Chertoff was hardly a "Clinton Nemisis during Whitewater". He was a friendly liberal democrat and part of the fix the democrats created to undermine the Whitewater investigation. It only comes as a surprise to low information democrats who rely on cliches instead of information that he would support Hillary.

Clinton by far is the best choice!
Best for our nations innovation in science and tech
Best for maintaining our infrastructure
Best for education
Best for our military
Best for keeping this nation on the sane track forward.

Loserterinaism is nasty shit.

This has gone beyond partisan politics – the fact that Trump is comprehensively unfit to be president is clear to a majority of Americans, including a significant number of Republicans of good faith and good conscience who understand the importance of keeping the likes of Trump out of the WH.

Chertoff was hardly a "Clinton Nemisis during Whitewater". He was a friendly liberal democrat and part of the fix the democrats created to undermine the Whitewater investigation. It only comes as a surprise to low information democrats who rely on cliches instead of information that he would support Hillary.
Bullshit

OMG, even Chertoff.

Yes, Michael Chertoff is now supporting Hillary. He said she is compassionate and can get things done. I heard him talking to Chuck Todd earlier this evening. He speaks very highly of Hillary.

Forum List

Back