Cheap Gas

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
You and I love it. But governments and big companies are deeply worried as crude falls close to $50 per barrel.

What's the problem?

For government, it's lost revenue from the taxes. Big business is finding it a loss item to pump it out of the ground. We've already seen where politicians are talking about raising fuel taxes - “until the glut is over.” Since when is any tax “temporary”? And, when will we see the fuel savings on market shelves?

Brief BBC article @ BBC News - US oil price falls below 50 on supply glut fears

You and I love it. But governments and big companies are deeply worried as crude falls close to $50 per barrel.

What's the problem?

For government, it's lost revenue from the taxes. Big business is finding it a loss item to pump it out of the ground. We've already seen where politicians are talking about raising fuel taxes - “until the glut is over.” Since when is any tax “temporary”? And, when will we see the fuel savings on market shelves?

Brief BBC article @ BBC News - US oil price falls below 50 on supply glut fears
What about "Little Business"? :dunno:

Stripper Well Facts - National Stripper Well Association

These are by far the first and hardest hit.

I hope it falls to 25 cents a barrel. Turn things upside down. That would be something to watch.

I hope it falls to 25 cents a barrel. Turn things upside down. That would be something to watch.

It would. But it won't.

But it does mean that with a little luck, we can all have a less expensive road trip summer, and I'm all for that before some price more "normal" returns.

My opinion is OPEC doing it on purpose to crush our fracking industry

My opinion is OPEC doing it on purpose to crush our fracking industry

That would be a bad bet. The GOP is set to do a huge energy bill in 2017 and fracking restrictions will be reduced and more companies will receive federal funds and not just natural gas, but coal, nuclear, wind, ect.. What's happened is the USA is now full of oil with many lands untapped. Pretty soon we will be able to control the worlds oil and country's will want oil from us rather than the middle east, which will crush country's like Iran and Saudies and give us tramense leverage over the world. Also despite this the USA will move to alternative fuels like the ones I mentioned above and wont really be consuming oil as much as the others, meaning we'll be able have even more leverage over the world, which will do nothing but help our forign policy and our standing to get things done world wide.

Screw foriegn oil.

Forum List

Back