Charter School resounding succcess

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
What happens when charter schools close? | NOLA.com

According to the accounts of three students, one of their parents and two staffers, nearly 20 staff members have left or been laid off since the summer, leaving several classrooms without qualified teachers; students spend portions of their school days playing cards, texting on their phones and milling around the building; and apart from a boys' baseball team and occasional outdoor excursions offered through an "adventure" club, Sojourner Truth has no real extracurricular activities anymore. It has also dropped many of its community service offerings, which some students said drew them to the school initially.

Yay! The Free Market in action! This crappy school is closing down, and all the kids that are getting fucked because of it - well they'd better shut the fuck up and be personally responsible!

Here's the future of education:

Welcome to BUBBA's Elementary School, Car Wash, & BBQ!
Vouchers accepted!

This was not 'Bubba's' school, it was some stupid Leftwinger's failed 'social justice' dream. From your link:

Sojourner Truth opened in 2008 under the leadership of Channa Cook, a young educator who moved to New Orleans from California to open a charter school focused on social justice and community service. Cook left after three years at the helm, and the board hired a new principal, Reginald Flenory.

This was not 'Bubba's' school, it was some stupid Leftwinger's failed 'social justice' dream. From your link:

Sojourner Truth opened in 2008 under the leadership of Channa Cook, a young educator who moved to New Orleans from California to open a charter school focused on social justice and community service. Cook left after three years at the helm, and the board hired a new principal, Reginald Flenory.

Community service is a left-winger's "social justice" dream?

I thought Jesus thought that one up.

Its always the left-winger's fault, isn't it?

Usually. Especially when they start schools for 'social justice' instead of for education.

Your point sucks. Let your suck thread die now.

LOL

In this case it is. Undeniably.

Thanks for pointing out yet another leftist failure.

What happens when charter schools close? | NOLA.com

According to the accounts of three students, one of their parents and two staffers, nearly 20 staff members have left or been laid off since the summer, leaving several classrooms without qualified teachers; students spend portions of their school days playing cards, texting on their phones and milling around the building; and apart from a boys' baseball team and occasional outdoor excursions offered through an "adventure" club, Sojourner Truth has no real extracurricular activities anymore. It has also dropped many of its community service offerings, which some students said drew them to the school initially.

Yay! The Free Market in action! This crappy school is closing down, and all the kids that are getting fucked because of it - well they'd better shut the fuck up and be personally responsible!

Vouchers accepted!

You're right, personal responsibility is the issue here. The parents of those kids should have pulled them out and transfered them to a different school. If the kids are sitting around playing cards and texting then apparently their parents are okay with that level of education.

I'm sure that once the voucher system fails that will be blamed on the left, as well.

Funny how history gets re-written as needed. Any right wing or bi-partisan idea that turns out to be bad suddenly becomes the left's fault.

You should probably just gas us all because we are commie and hate america.

I'm sure that once the voucher system fails that will be blamed on the left, as well.
This school failed because it was run by a leftist.

There's nothing wrong with the voucher system as a whole...except for leftists complaining that the kids involved aren't getting properly indoctrinated with liberalism.
Funny how history gets re-written as needed. Any right wing or bi-partisan idea that turns out to be bad suddenly becomes the left's fault.

No, I'll just laugh at you, because you're morons. :lol:

Funny how history gets re-written as needed. .

You got that right. Here you told us the failed school was 'Bubba's BBQ', when in fact is was some stupid sistas social justice experiment.

LOL

You got that right. Here you told us the failed school was 'Bubba's BBQ', when in fact is was some stupid sistas social justice experiment.

LOL

You're a fucking moron. I didn't tell you the failed school was Bubba's BBQ.

I said

Vouchers accepted!

Do you know what the word "future" means?

I'm sure thats the reason.

There's nothing wrong with the voucher system as a whole...except for leftists complaining that the kids involved aren't getting properly indoctrinated with liberalism.
I like how learning about biology is "liberal indoctrination"

LOL

You're a fucking moron. I didn't tell you the failed school was Bubba's BBQ.

LOL

I know it has been all of five minutes ago, but let me refresh your memory as to what you posted:

'Welcome to BUBBA's Elementary School, Car Wash, & BBQ!
Vouchers accepted!'

So because the focus was on community service - we know it must be a leftist running the place - because righties are against community service?

OK, I guess that does make sense!

EDIT: You know its funny, my high school required 60 hours of community service in my junior year. It was a private high school run by the Catholic church. I think was one of maybe 2 or 3 kids who came from left leaning families. But according to you it must have been a lefty school since they focused on community service! Moron.

Last edited:

I'm sure thats the reason.
It sure looks like it.

Meanwhile, you keep insisting that a school intended to teach "social justice" was run by conservatives.

If you don't mind looking stupid, I don't mind pointing it out.

I like how learning about biology is "liberal indoctrination"
It's not. But teaching bullshit leftist history is. Teaching that feelings are more important than facts is. Teaching that everyone gets a medal for participating and that someone winning hurts someone else's feelings is.

Sojourner Truth Academy - New Orleans, LA

OUR MISSION

Sojourner Truth Academy will empower and equip students to become scholar-leaders using college preparation and social justice activism as vehicles for the rebirth and strengthening of their own community. Students at Sojourner Truth are driven towards college preparation and social justice activism.

about2.jpg
Yeah, a real hotbed of conservative idealism.

So because the focus was on social justice - we know it must be a leftist running the place

Don't be an idiot. Of course the place was run by Left wingers.

No, I'll just laugh at you, because you're morons. :lol:

I would agree with you daveman, it DID start out as a "left" idea. How do I know? Because of this line from the OP link.....

new charter school that promised a rigorous high school curriculum

But then I'm guessing it was too rigorous so they fired the Lib and hired a RWer. How do I know? Because of these lines from the OP link......

Cook left after three years at the helm, and the board hired a new principal, Reginald Flenory.

Flenory clashed with several teachers, several of whom left as a result.

One of the staff members said the school is "so broke" that there are no paper towels in the restrooms.

So a RW Principal came in and "clashed" with the teachers and ran the school into the ground.

Forum List

Back