Charlotte Police Chief Explains Why Police Shootings Matter So Much

We need more of this. People of all color speaking the reality of their experience. I saw another press conference yesterday where a black officer said he still has fear of the police when he is out of uniform. And this is a cop himself.

It has to change. The public I think is starting to get it. There are still negative voices popping up to blame the victim, Rudy Guiliani and his flock, but they need to be ignored and pushed past. Just like the NRA. These are a handful of people standing in the way of progress. They need to be marginalized and swept aside.

Last edited:
This is well worth watching. If you don't understand why the black community is upset, angry, and sad right now, watch the video and learn something.

What the officer said, has basically been said many times before. I believe that most people know and understand why black people are angry, upset, confused, fearful, anxious, and cautious when it comes to people that wear the uniform, and law enforcement in general. There is bias, there is profiling, there is racial targeting, and there is a great degree of injustice and social tragedy involving the black communities of this once great nation. And, it didn't just start recently, last month, last year, or even ten years ago, it's been going on for many decades in places like Mississippi.

But, what the officer in the video failed to do, was admit to the fact that when it comes to fear among blacks concerning law enforcement, cops must shoulder a great degree of responsibility. He very briefly mentioned the incident in Michigan. But, he failed to stress that what happened there, happens every single day somewhere in America, as per cell phone videos that pop up on social media. Charlotte North Carolina may be different, I have no way of knowing either way, but if it is different, it's a rarity in this country.

I'm not black, but I fear members of law enforcement for the same reasons blacks fear them. I know from the many stories and videos, that cops shoot first and ask questions later. And, they do it because they each have a platinum "get out of jail free card". How many cops go to prison for the senseless killings of black men? How many cops police their own profession?

I sympathize with the black communities of this once great nation. It makes me sick to watch videos like the ones we all watched last week. It doesn't matter what color skin one has, death is death, and cold blooded murder is still cold blooded murder. Police brutality, police murdering citizens, and the other uncivilized behavior common to members of law enforcement, is the reasons that we're damn close to civil unrest in this once great nation. Cops have damaged their profession, created hatred and mistrust, and appears to gloat in their accomplishments.

Cops have no one except themselves to blame for what we're seeing and experiencing in this once great nation concerning racial tensions, civil unrest, and the acts of barbaric slaughter of innocent individuals.

Thanks for sharing the video.

The main reason, and biggest problem concerning black fear, is a total lack of justice in this country. Blacks see cops kill unarmed innocent blacks, and see the cops walk free. If cops were to be held to the same standards as John Q. Public, all of this wouldn't happen. If we saw more cops sentenced to prison for murder, blacks would have a lot less fear when it comes to members of law enforcement.

This is well worth watching. If you don't understand why the black community is upset, angry, and sad right now, watch the video and learn something.

That was excellent.

I've come to understand that Charlotte, in particular, has a sordid history of police brutality and blacks.

Good to see someone FINALLY taking some responsibility.

Let's see how it goes.

There are lots of PDS who do great work with reaching out , community policing , trainings , civilian boards etc..

Then there are others who are like "fuck you, we are the law ."

What the officer said, has basically been said many times before. I believe that most people know and understand why black people are angry, upset, confused, fearful, anxious, and cautious when it comes to people that wear the uniform, and law enforcement in general. There is bias, there is profiling, there is racial targeting, and there is a great degree of injustice and social tragedy involving the black communities of this once great nation. And, it didn't just start recently, last month, last year, or even ten years ago, it's been going on for many decades in places like Mississippi.

But, what the officer in the video failed to do, was admit to the fact that when it comes to fear among blacks concerning law enforcement, cops must shoulder a great degree of responsibility. He very briefly mentioned the incident in Michigan. But, he failed to stress that what happened there, happens every single day somewhere in America, as per cell phone videos that pop up on social media. Charlotte North Carolina may be different, I have no way of knowing either way, but if it is different, it's a rarity in this country.

I'm not black, but I fear members of law enforcement for the same reasons blacks fear them. I know from the many stories and videos, that cops shoot first and ask questions later. And, they do it because they each have a platinum "get out of jail free card". How many cops go to prison for the senseless killings of black men? How many cops police their own profession?

I sympathize with the black communities of this once great nation. It makes me sick to watch videos like the ones we all watched last week. It doesn't matter what color skin one has, death is death, and cold blooded murder is still cold blooded murder. Police brutality, police murdering citizens, and the other uncivilized behavior common to members of law enforcement, is the reasons that we're damn close to civil unrest in this once great nation. Cops have damaged their profession, created hatred and mistrust, and appears to gloat in their accomplishments.

Cops have no one except themselves to blame for what we're seeing and experiencing in this once great nation concerning racial tensions, civil unrest, and the acts of barbaric slaughter of innocent individuals.

Thanks for sharing the video.

applause.gif

Forum List

Back