Charlie Hebdo: Leftist Rag: In Life Despised: In Death Embraced: Out With a Bang and Blaze of Glory

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Charlie Hebdo: Leftist Rag: In Life Despised: In Death Embraced: Out With a Bang and Blaze of Glory

Who supported them in life? Who were their 50,000 subscribers? If everyone so loved the freedom it represented, why didn't they support it? Ah, they went out with a bang, in a blaze of glory

Charlie Hebdo grew out of a weekly called Hara Kiri Hebdo founded in 1969 by a group of left-leaning journalists. The newspaper in its current form dates to 1992, when several journalists pooled their money and set up a foundation to run the publication. According to a 2008 story in Le Monde, the foundation was called “Kalashnikov Editions”—by grotesque coincidence, the name of the rifle used in the terror attack.

---

Like most newspapers in the 21st century, Charlie Hebdo seemed to consider lack of money as the biggest threat to its existence. According to French press reports, the newspaper had as many as 140,000 regular readers a decade ago, but readership had declined to about 50,000 by last year. Last November, the newspaper made a public appeal for donations, saying it was barely staying afloat.​

What's your point?

Free speech was attacked here. Doesn't matter if their circulation was in negative numbers.

I don't disagree with that at all. In fact that's what I'm saying.

So.... :dunno: ?

Seems some right wingers think it's OK to disagree with the political views of others but not to murder them over it.

majin dat.
as with some leftists, some Muslims, some Jews...

you really need to step up your game, deary
Seems some people don't like getting bitch slapped around the internets.

fijáte?
how long have yo been trolling here?
Why do you hate black people?

Seems some right wingers think it's OK to disagree with the political views of others but not to murder them over it.

majin dat.

fijáte?
because I can?

:cuckoo:

majin dat.

fijáte?
because I can?

It doesn't make it right.

How long have you hated black people?

fijáte?
because I can?

most likely...
as long as you've been off of your medications

fijáte?
because I can?

most likely...
So all your life.

This still doesn't make it right.

because I can?

most likely...
So all your life.

please go away.

this is a political satire forum

now amscray!

Who supported them in life? Who were their 50,000 subscribers? If everyone so loved the freedom it represented, why didn't they support it? Ah, they went out with a bang, in a blaze of glory

Charlie Hebdo grew out of a weekly called Hara Kiri Hebdo founded in 1969 by a group of left-leaning journalists. The newspaper in its current form dates to 1992, when several journalists pooled their money and set up a foundation to run the publication. According to a 2008 story in Le Monde, the foundation was called “Kalashnikov Editions”—by grotesque coincidence, the name of the rifle used in the terror attack.

---

Like most newspapers in the 21st century, Charlie Hebdo seemed to consider lack of money as the biggest threat to its existence. According to French press reports, the newspaper had as many as 140,000 regular readers a decade ago, but readership had declined to about 50,000 by last year. Last November, the newspaper made a public appeal for donations, saying it was barely staying afloat.​
bump

because I can?

most likely...
So all your life.

please go away.

this is a political satire forum