Charged with child abuse if you don't take your kids to the dentist!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The Dentist Unions pay the legislators to write these laws.

Michelle Malkin: The Snitches in Your Kids' Dental Office

march 28 2018 Parents who decide, for whatever reason, that they don't like their children's oral care provider should be forewarned. Empowered by government "mandatory reporter" laws, dental offices are now using their authority to threaten families with child abuse charges if they don't comply with the cavity police.

Mom Trey Hoyumpa shared a letter last week on Facebook from a dental office called Smiles 4 Keeps in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania. It informed her that if she did not make a dental appointment for "regular professional cleanings" for her child, she could be charged with "dental neglect." Citing a law called Pennsylvania Act 31 on child abuse recognition and reporting, the dental office threatened to report the mom to state authorities if she did not schedule an appointment.

The dental office also defended its intimidation letter to the mom by explaining that physicians and dentists are "mandated reporters" who are "required to report suspected cases of abuse and neglect to social service or law enforcement agencies in order to prevent such tragedy."

I wish someone had done that to my parents. I can't imagine the agony I would have avoided. The best I got was taken away because of neglect and lack of medical care. No one ever thought about my teeth.

Forum List

Back