chardonnay or riesling?

i prefer …

• Total voters
If a chard...I drink Stags Leap from Napa Ca., but I prefer a cabernet, Silver Ghost is a good Ca. cab.
Woodward Canyon Old Vines cab if drinking a Wa. wine.

Last edited:
If a chard...I drink Stags Leap from Napa Ca., but I prefer a cabernet, Silver Ghost is a good Ca. chard.
Woodward Canyon Old Vines chard if drinking a Wa. wine.
Stags Leap beat the French in the reds category back in the 70s....their Cask 23 or SLV or FAY are great cabs.

Seriously, I don't drink wine.

I did, however, read a very interest article in the December issue of Smithsonian, The Man Who’s Saving America’s Forgotten Grapes; Bordeaux. Napa Valley. Missouri? This vintner wants to put this once-booming wine region back on the map that made me want to try his wine.

Here's the link to the article:

If a chard...I drink Stags Leap from Napa Ca., but I prefer a cabernet, Silver Ghost is a good Ca. chard.
Woodward Canyon Old Vines chard if drinking a Wa. wine.
I've had quite a few Chards that I've liked, LOL, I've had just as many or more that I didn't. Same with IPAs. I like a nice cab to sip on now and then myself.

Chardonnay's tend to be a dry, non-sweet white wine.
Riesling and gewürztraminer tend to be sweet white wines.

Choice depends upon use as either a meal complement (Chardonnay), or an after-meal/dessert use(riesling and gewürztraminer).

Basically context of use applies here but wasn't used in the OP.

I like all three types, but in context of use is the main factor.

BTW, a favorite of mine years ago, a "sweet" white, was Liebfraumilch, which is hard to find now.

Choice depends upon use as either a meal complement (Chardonnay), or an after-meal/dessert use(riesling and gewürztraminer).

BTW, a favorite of mine years ago, a "sweet" white, was Liebfraumilch, which is hard to find now.
Bottom line is "The best wine is the one YOU like."

Bottom line is "The best wine is the one YOU like."
Thread killer. :mad:

Gewürztraminer is my family's favorite for our dinners together.

I used to be a big red wine connoisseur. I drank about three bottles a week. Cabernet Sauvignon was my favorite. Never cared for white wine much.

Now since I’ve become alcohol intolerant, I stopped drinking. I miss it, but my bank account is better off.

I learned to drink and ice skate at the same time on Boone's Farm. Wheee!!
That libation was originally purchased from the NY vintner, Pio Valley Boones Farm in the 60s by E&J Gallo Winery. Over the year's they have dropped portions of the brand name until now it is just "Boones." I've consumed a bit of it myself during college years--couldn't beat 99 cents a bottle.

Forum List

Back