"Chappaquiddick"

Since when does Hollywood do movies on Dem scandals?

They could dozens on Bubba's and BO's scandals.

I've read several books and articles about Teddy's Chappaquiddick weekend so I'd be interested to see how the Hollyweird folks portray the events surrounding Mary Jo's demise.

One thing I've wondered about a time or two over the years is whether the wives of Teddy and his 4-5 buddies along for the weekend - only one was single - knew about the "arrangements" prior to things turning so tragic.

As the story goes, Teddy & Co. were "rewarding" several young single women for their help with brother Bobby's campaign the previous summer. The young ladies were all staying at one motel in Edgartown, while Teddy and the boys were housed in a different one.

But then the boys also rented the infamous cottage on Chappy for the weekend, just a short ferry ride away, as the site for their party with the girls. And of course the rest is history. But what did the married guys tells their wives in the lead-up to that weekend? Hey, dear, me and some of the guys are going to Edgartown for the weekend to crew or otherwise support Teddy's efforts to win the annual sailing regatta. All true and a perfect excuse for a guys-only weekend, and conveniently leaving out - I'd wager dollars to donuts - the part about the babes and the cottage.

I imagine there were some interesting discussions with spouses once the entire world found out the extra details of the boys' weekend festivities, but I doubt any such detail will make it to the silver screen.

Wonder who'll play Ted?

I've read several books and articles about Teddy's Chappaquiddick weekend so I'd be interested to see how the Hollyweird folks portray the events surrounding Mary Jo's demise.

One thing I've wondered about a time or two over the years is whether the wives of Teddy and his 4-5 buddies along for the weekend - only one was single - knew about the "arrangements" prior to things turning so tragic.

As the story goes, Teddy & Co. were "rewarding" several young single women for their help with brother Bobby's campaign the previous summer. The young ladies were all staying at one motel in Edgartown, while Teddy and the boys were housed in a different one.

But then the boys also rented the infamous cottage on Chappy for the weekend, just a short ferry ride away, as the site for their party with the girls. And of course the rest is history. But what did the married guys tells their wives in the lead-up to that weekend? Hey, dear, me and some of the guys are going to Edgartown for the weekend to crew or otherwise support Teddy's efforts to win the annual sailing regatta. All true and a perfect excuse for a guys-only weekend, and conveniently leaving out - I'd wager dollars to donuts - the part about the babes and the cottage.

I imagine there were some interesting discussions with spouses once the entire world found out the extra details of the boys' weekend festivities, but I doubt any such detail will make it to the silver screen.

Wonder who'll play Ted?

Mark Wahlberg's bear.

Forum List

Back