Changing your name

Wonky Pundit

USMB's Silent Snowden
Apr 30, 2011
Quisitive
Have you ever seriously thought about it? If so, what would you change it to?

I'll go first: I'd like to change my name to "United States Treasury" so that I can collect all your taxes. :lol:

I've never considered it, but a good friend of mine had an interesting article added to her divorce proceedings.... that her now ex-husband had to pay the state fee to change her name back to her maiden name.

How about Pierce Vulva? Buck Naked? Lance Thrust? Johhny Longstick? Lott O'toole? Chet Swingrod? Phil Herrup?

Or I could just have my girlfriend change her name to "Dixie Normous."

Wouldn't you want that name? :lol:
Not at all; I would always introduce her as "My Dixie Normous." Or perhaps "My lovely Dixie Normous."

Her's could be Ivanna Screwalot, Lotta Cummings, Anastacia Beaverhausen.....etc....
Those aren't bad either. ;)

Yeah, Cosmo Kramer.

Cosmo-Kramer.jpg

Giddy up.

My first name??..No, not a chance.
I really disliked it growing up as a child, but after my Mother told me the story of why she named me Deborah (Debbie)...I made myself like the name :)
I was named after actress Debbie Reynolds, and she was my Mother's favorite actress. Ms. Reynolds' real first name is also Deborah, but we both went by Debbie. And another neat thing, she and I share the same birthday!
Now for my last name, I loathe it very much.
I have had 4 different last names, and all 4 of them are odd, and most people can't spell any of them ~LoL~
4 names because I was born and given my father's name..then when my Mother married the SF, altho he never adopted me, I took on his last name.
Then marriage one....then marriage two. And like I said, all of them are nothing at all common, and the one I carry now...oh dear God, it's probably the worst!

i have had several friends change their names as adults....mostly women.....who go to a more spiritual name....they normally change the both names...first and last....i have never changed my name...the name i use today is the same name on my birth certificate ....i still use my 'maiden' name over my 'married' name...my taxes are filed in my name....i always joke that he is lucky i let him keep his last name..then the other night we saw something where the woman was making the dude change his name to hers...we both burst out laughing

Yes, I have thought about it.

At this stage of the game if I did bother, I'd change it to editec with no surname at all.

Not really. I have a friend who changed his very foreign first name to the one he actually went by.

Forum List

Back