Changing your name

I seemed to recall some guy in Florida a while back had changed his first name to "Doctor". Some people didn't like the idea. ;)

I was in a courtroom once, and there was a delay, and one of the lawyers started walking around and chatting with those of us seated.
He would ask a few people their names and so forth.
He asked one guy his name and the guy replied "Richard"...the lawyer asked his for his last name, and the guy replied "Fagg".
The lawyer stepped back and said "Your name is Richard Fagg??" (it was spelled with 2 G's as the lawyer asked how to spell it and the guy told him it was with 2 G's)
That lawyer asked him if he ever got picked on because of his name and the guy answered back- yes.
And the lawyer quickly added "I think I would be changing my name if I were you Mr. Fagg."

My mom watched a lot of "I Dream of Jeannie" when she was pregnant with me and she reallly like Larry Hagman's character. So my first name became Tony. Little did she know that about the same time some other mother was naming her future NASCAR star the same thing. Now my name on my birth certificate is not anthony its Tony.

So yea if i could come up with a good one i would probably change my first name.

Forum List

Back