Change the Constitution to Embrace Sharia, per Rauf!

This thread is yet more proof that Doggie The Bubble mod lacks reading and cognitive abilities.

Just sayin'.

I'll ask AGAIN.

What is fundamentally wrong with wanting to amend the Constitution?

How does that make this clown any different than the clowns who want an anti-abortion amendment,

or an anti-gay marriage amendment?

It's fundamentally wrong to amend the Constitution to conform to a specific religious doctrine.

It's fundamentally wrong to amend the Constitution to conform to a specific religious doctrine.

Well then, I assume you disagree with the Federal Marriage Amendment or attempts to make Abortion illegally federally.

Well then, I assume you disagree with the Federal Marriage Amendment or attempts to make Abortion illegally federally.

i thought the govenment couldn't pass a law to benifit a specific religion....

and in my opinion social issues like marriage and abbortion are states issues not federal issues....that said... i really don't care if you want to kill you unborn child and marry your brother....

and in my opinion social issues like marriage and abbortion are states issues not federal issues....that said... i really don't care if you want to kill you unborn child and marry your brother....

Way to go! More dishonest arguments! Saying Gay Marriage is equal to marrying one's brother! I thought you learned your lesson yesterday when you tried to say Obama cancelled the National Day of Prayer?

It can't...unless the Constitution is first amended to remove that prohibition in the First Amendment.

And that's not happening.

Allie--

Try and get your facts straight.

"Rauf's book suggests that the “American Constitution and system of governance uphold the core principles of Islamic law” (i.e., sharia). The author concludes, therefore, that the “American political structure is sharia-compliant.” In December 2007 Rauf promoted What's Right with Islam at a Malaysia gathering of Hizb ut Tahrir, which seeks to impose sharia on the United States and other countries worldwide."
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2462

This is no different than saying the Constitution upholds bible principles or is biblically compliant. Rauf is not saying the Constitution should be changed.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Allie--

"Rauf's book suggests that the “American Constitution and system of governance uphold the core principles of Islamic law” (i.e., sharia). The author concludes, therefore, that the “American political structure is sharia-compliant.” In December 2007 Rauf promoted What's Right with Islam at a Malaysia gathering of Hizb ut Tahrir, which seeks to impose sharia on the United States and other countries worldwide."

This is no different than saying the Constitution upholds bible principles or is biblically compliant. Rauf is not saying the Constitution should be changed.

From the same chapter

For America to score even higher on the „Islamic‟ or „Shariah Compliance‟ scale, America would need to do two things: invite the voices of all religions to join the dialogue in shaping the nation‟s practical life, and allow religious communities more leeway to judge among themselves according to their own laws” (86)

Further, Rauf believes that “(it) also would not be a violation of church-state separation to have a subsidiary entity within judiciary that employs religious jurists from diverse religious
backgrounds to comment on the compliance of certain decisions with their religious laws and to provide guidance to their religious communities on how kosher or Shariah compliant these decisions are” (111).

http://www.aclj.org/media/pdf/The-Imam-Behind-Ground-Zero-Mosque_20100720.pdf

The way I interpret that is that he would like to see Sharia courts for Muslims only; as many others have suggested. Some non-Muslims probably say "Who cares?" but that is un-American. Women have few rights under Sharia and they are also our fellow citizens.

I've heard it mentioned that certain Jewish sects have their own "kosher" courts in NY. I don't know anything about that, but if so, that should be prohibited as well.

Oh and sky dancer this is the title of the book in Arabic:

The Imam behind the controversial mosque at Ground Zero dreams of Islamizing United States, as exposed in his book, which has two titles: one in English, and one in Arabic

In the U.S., his book is called, 'What's Right with America Is What's right with Islam."

The same book, published in Arabic, bears the title, "The Call from the WTC Rubble: Islamic Da'wah {Proseletism}from the Heart of America Post-9/11."

The West, Islam and Sharia: The Mosque at Ground Zero: Who Is Behind It?

The mosque at Ground Zero was not just a convenient location. It was deliberate.

Allie--

You need to read the material, Sky. I already did, and I supported everything I said. My facts are 100 percent straight.

Let's hear some more about how peaceful sufis are. I liked that.

I know Sufis, Allie. One of my all time favorite human beings on the planet is a Sufi. How many Sufi's do you know?

You're very anti-Islamic, so everything you read supports your bias.

Last edited:
I know Sufis, Allie. One of my all time favorite human beings on the planet is a Sufi. How many Sufi's do you know?

You're very anti-Islamic, so everything you read supports your bias.
Yeah Sufis are great.

In his book Abdul Rauf admires Al-Ghazali
What's right with Islam: a new ... - Google Books

What is Al-Ghazalis history that concerns non muslims ?

Al-Ghazali, a Sufi orthodox Muslim, and follower of the Shafi’i school of Islamic jurisprudence, wrote this about jihad war and the treatment of the vanquished non-Muslim dhimmi peoples, in the Wajiz: [4]

[O]ne must go on jihad (i.e., warlike razzias or raids) at least once a year…one may use a catapult against them [non-Muslims] when they are in a fortress, even if among them are women and children. One may set fire to them and/or drown them…

If a person of the Ahl al-Kitab [People of The Book – primarily Jews and Christians] is enslaved, his marriage is [automatically] revoked…One may cut down their trees…One must destroy their useless books. Jihadists may take as booty whatever they decide…they may steal as much food as they need…

[T]he dhimmi is obliged not to mention Allah or His Apostle…Jews, Christians, and Majians must pay the jizya [poll tax on non-Muslims]…on offering up the jizya, the dhimmi must hang his head while the official takes hold of his beard and hits [thedhimmi] on the protruberant bone beneath his ear [i.e., the mandible]…

They are not permitted to ostentatiously display their wine or church bells…their houses may not be higher than the Muslim’s, no matter how low that is. The dhimmi may not ride an elegant horse or mule; he may ride a donkey only if the saddle [-work] is of wood.

He may not walk on the good part of the road. They [the dhimmis] have to wear [an identifying] patch [on their clothing], even women, and even in the [public] baths…[dhimmis] must hold their tongue….

Legal war (jihad) is an obligatory social duty (fard-kifaya); when one group of Moslems guarantees that it is being carried out in a satisfactory manner, the others are exempted.
The jihad becomes a strictly binding personal duty (fard-‘ain) for all Moslems who are enlisted or whose country has been [invaded] by the enemy.

It is obligatory only for free men who have reached puberty, are endowed with reason and capable of fighting. Jihad is the best of the works of supererogation. Abu Huraira relates that “The Prophet, when asked what was the best of all works, replied: Belief in God [and in His Prophet].

– And then? someone asked him. – War for God’s cause, then a pious pilgrimage.” Abu Sa’id reports also that the Prophet, when asked who was the best of all men, replied, “He who fights for God’s cause, personally and with his goods.”…

It is permitted to surprise the infidels under cover of night, to bombard them with mangonels [an engine that hurls missiles] and to attack them without declaring battle (du‘a’). The Prophet attacked the Banu Mustaliq unexpectedly, while their animals were still at the watering-place; he killed the men who had fought against him and carried off the children into captivity. It is forbidden to kill children, madmen, women, priests, impotent old men, the infirm, the blind, the weak-minded, unless they have taken part in the combat.

The chief of State decides on the fate of the men who are taken as prisoners; he can have them put to death, reduce them to slavery, free them in return for a ransom or grant them their freedom as a gift. He must choose the solution most in keeping with the common good of the Moslems.

The jizya can be demanded only from the Peoples of the Book (Ahl-al-Kitab) and from Zoroastrians (Magus), who pledge to pay it and submit to the laws of the community. The Peoples of the Book are understood to mean the Jews and those who follow the religion of the Torah, as well as the Christians and those who follow the religion of the Gospel.

When People of the Book or Zoroastrians ask to pay the jizya and to submit to the laws of the community, one must grant their request, and it is forbidden to fight them. The jizya is collected at the beginning of each year. It is set at 48 dirhems for a rich man, at 24 dirhems for a man of moderate means, and at 12 dirhems for a man of lowly estate.

It cannot be demanded from children who have not reached the age of puberty, from women, helpless old men, the sick, the blind, or slaves, nor from poor people who are unable to pay it. An infidel subject to the jizya who converts to Islam is free of this obligation. When an infidel dies, his heirs are responsible for the jizya

American political structure is Shariah compliant.

--Imam Rauf in his book titled What's Right With Islam

Last edited:
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

--Thomas Jefferson

That's a bogus quote, dude.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

--Thomas Jefferson

There are Jefferson quotes for almost every occasion. He was quite handy at turning a phrase!

--Thomas Jefferson

There are Jefferson quotes for almost every occasion. He was quite handy at turning a phrase!

It's still a bogus quote and you apparently don't care about truth. Therefore, you are now on my ignore list.

It's still a bogus quote and you apparently don't care about truth. Therefore, you are now on my ignore list.

Ooooooooooo... 5 posts in and threatening people with ignore lists already...

Oh... and BTW...

...a wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.

Even UVA shows it as a quote

http://etext.virginia.edu/jefferson/quotations/jeff0650.htm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back