Ceviche

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I had this at an upscale Italian themed restaurant a while back and finally made the recipe at home recently.

It's simple...you take any raw whitefish...I prefer flounder...and dice it.

Marinate it in a lime/lemon juice mixture, even amounts, along with diced onion, 1 or 2 tsp salt, a little seranno pepper, dash of oregano, and a dash of cayenne, diced tomatoes, cilantro

Cover it and let it soak for an hour, stir it around, let it soak for another hour or two.

The citric acids actually "cook" the fish.

I like to use it as a "dip" for tortilla chips, or you can roll it into a soft tortilla and put some avocado in there too.

Super easy to make, and BANGIN.

I had this at an upscale Italian themed restaurant a while back and finally made the recipe at home recently.

Marinate it in a lime/lemon juice mixture, even amounts, along with diced onion, 1 or 2 tsp salt, a little seranno pepper, dash of oregano, and a dash of cayenne, diced tomatoes, cilantro

Cover it and let it soak for an hour, stir it around, let it soak for another hour or two.

I like to use it as a "dip" for tortilla chips, or you can roll it into a soft tortilla and put some avocado in there too.

I make a killer scallop ceviche.

1 lb diver scallops cut into coins, the juice of 2 oranges, 2 lemons, 4 limes, diced red onion, 1 red thai chile pepper sliced paper thin, a handful of chopped fresh cilantro. Let it set in the fridge for a couple hours

The scallops are silky and delicate and taste amazing.

I serve it in a martini glass or a small bowl lined with cucumber strips

I make a killer scallop ceviche.

1 lb diver scallops cut into coins, the juice of 2 oranges, 2 lemons, 4 limes, diced red onion, 1 red thai chile pepper sliced paper thin, a handful of chopped fresh cilantro. Let it set in the fridge for a couple hours

The scallops are silky and delicate and taste amazing.

I serve it in a martini glass or a small bowl lined with cucumber strips

Yes! I forgot about the orange juice! After I made mine I was reading recipes and found one that suggested squeezed orange juice too...I just haven't made another batch yet.

You can put shrimp in too, but it's recommended that you blanch them first to get them firm because the citric acid alone will still leave them with a slimy texture otherwise.

For a different flavor profile, try Ahi poke.

spicy with asian notes.

Thanks! That sounds delish. J'adore ceviche. I like a combo of white fish and salmon.

I like crappie and white bass fillets because I can catch a mess of them in an hour on a good day.

Forum List

Back