Celebrating Teen Pregnancy

Teenage pregnancy is, like, so cool! OMG! When one of those girls gets, like, pregnant, you know, like, all of her, like, friends, like, wanna hold the baby! It's SOOOO KEWL!!!

Then it's, like, OMG! WTF! The baby, like, threw the fuck up on me! That's, like, SO GROSS!!!

yes indeed ...it would be resources better used to teach these girls to be thoughtful young woman instead of discussing various sex acts and then setting them loose with a pocket full of condoms. and the number for planned parenthood

Either that or suture them closed.

As many of you know I am a high school teacher in NJ. Our county has the highest child abuse and substance abuse rates in the state according to Kids Count - a child advocacy group. We are 2nd in teen pregnancy. This year we have an unusually high number of visibly pregnant girls and several that are not yet showing. The preggers are given special privileges in school such as eating and drinking in class and to come and go as they please to the restroom. I don't have a problem with that. However in addition, they are allowed to leave class 5 mins early so they don't get "bumped into" in the halls and essentially lose 40 mins of instruction a day. Some of the teachers have hosted baby showers and taken up collections for the new babies. While noble and compassionate, I do not believe getting knocked up at 16 is something to celebrate with cake and balloons.

Your thoughts.

What state is your school in and do they teach abstinence only?

As many of you know I am a high school teacher in NJ. Our county has the highest child abuse and substance abuse rates in the state according to Kids Count - a child advocacy group. We are 2nd in teen pregnancy. This year we have an unusually high number of visibly pregnant girls and several that are not yet showing. The preggers are given special privileges in school such as eating and drinking in class and to come and go as they please to the restroom. I don't have a problem with that. However in addition, they are allowed to leave class 5 mins early so they don't get "bumped into" in the halls and essentially lose 40 mins of instruction a day. Some of the teachers have hosted baby showers and taken up collections for the new babies. While noble and compassionate, I do not believe getting knocked up at 16 is something to celebrate with cake and balloons.

Your thoughts.

What state is your school in and do they teach abstinence only?

Name a state that teaches abstinence only.

Forum List

Back