CDC Frieden head BANNED cigarette smoking in NYC.. won't ban possible Ebola flights from West Africa

We have 70 million people arriving in the US on international flights each year. You really think it is realistic for immigration officers to thumb through 30 pages of a passport for each one of those people?

That's why we have TSA agents, instead of them feeling up 80 year old Grandma's and 4 year old little girls! And who need to go through 30 pages the last 6 months should suffice!
You must never have traveled internationally. Immigration officers around the world don't stamp your passport in any sort of order.

No, I haven't traveled out of country in a decade or so, BUT, if I remember, the passports are in page order, and even if not, the 5 minutes it would take, is worth the awaiting pandemic that is currently spreading like wildfire in Africa!

We have 70 million people arriving in the US on international flights each year. You really think it is realistic for immigration officers to thumb through 30 pages of a passport for each one of those people?

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I can't board the plane with a screwdriver but I can sit next to someone infected with a level IV Slate Cleaning pathogen
Apples and oranges. It takes seconds to walk through a metal detector. Immigration lines are already long enough without having each page of someone's passport reviewed.

oh boo fucking hoo. In Africa the villagers stopped an Ebola outbreak by having archers guard the entrance to unafflicted villages

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I can't board the plane with a screwdriver but I can sit next to someone infected with a level IV Slate Cleaning pathogen
Apples and oranges. It takes seconds to walk through a metal detector. Immigration lines are already long enough without having each page of someone's passport reviewed.

oh boo fucking hoo. In Africa the villagers stopped an Ebola outbreak by having archers guard the entrance to unafflicted villages
There's something to be said for low-tech.

The White House said Frieden's anti-cigarette campaign reduced the number of smokers in New York by 350,000 and "cut teen smoking in half." He led efforts to ban smoking in bars and restaurants and to ban trans fats in food. He also pushed to require calorie information on restaurant menus.
Obama Chooses NYC Health Chief to Head CDC

YET...
Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on Friday said restricting travel between the U.S. and West Africa would likely “backfire” and put Americans more at risk of contracting Ebola.

Read more: CDC chief on Ebola We can t shut the border - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com

Which will kill people quicker.. Ebola or smoking?
So why if smoking kills banning it in NY but Ebola does kill quickly we can't ban West African flights???
Why do the motherfuckers have to come by plane? Slow boat them. Check their temp. Too high? Over the side they go!

Poll: Majority of Americans Want Flights from Ebola-Stricken Countries Banned!!!

Pundit Press ^

In a new poll conducted by SurveyMonkey and reported by NBC, a clear majority of Americans want incoming flights from Ebola-stricken countries banned. 58% of Americans stated that they believed the flights should stop. A mere 20% of those polled are opposed to the flight ban, with 23% (the poll rounded up) undecided. A slight majority, 51%, feared a major outbreak of Ebola in the United States. This poll comes on the heels of President Obama, among other administration officials, stating that there will be no ban on flights from western Africa, where the virus is ravaging thousands of people....

Poll: Majority of Americans Want Flights from Ebola-Stricken Countries Banned!!!

Pundit Press ^

In a new poll conducted by SurveyMonkey and reported by NBC, a clear majority of Americans want incoming flights from Ebola-stricken countries banned. 58% of Americans stated that they believed the flights should stop. A mere 20% of those polled are opposed to the flight ban, with 23% (the poll rounded up) undecided. A slight majority, 51%, feared a major outbreak of Ebola in the United States. This poll comes on the heels of President Obama, among other administration officials, stating that there will be no ban on flights from western Africa, where the virus is ravaging thousands of people....
Once again, what is this going to accomplish? There are no direct flights from Ebola stricken countries to the United States.

Pundit Press ^

Once again, what is this going to accomplish? There are no direct flights from Ebola stricken countries to the United States.

Propaganda for the regime would be enough for them to do it, wouldn't you think? If so many believe in it, and since there are none, the HYPE from the regime should be a BIG PLUS for them without doing a fucking thing! (Something they CRAVE more than anything else, get credit for doing NOTHING!) It also helps that the media hasn't caught on yet, and wouldn't If the regime did just this!

What good would banning flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea to the United States do? No such flights exist.

you don't really expect RW idiots to see the entire picture do you?

Facts supported with common sense IS NOT their forte'.

The White House said Frieden's anti-cigarette campaign reduced the number of smokers in New York by 350,000 and "cut teen smoking in half." He led efforts to ban smoking in bars and restaurants and to ban trans fats in food. He also pushed to require calorie information on restaurant menus.

YET...
Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on Friday said restricting travel between the U.S. and West Africa would likely “backfire” and put Americans more at risk of contracting Ebola.

Read more: CDC chief on Ebola We can t shut the border - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com

So why if smoking kills banning it in NY but Ebola does kill quickly we can't ban West African flights???
Why do the motherfuckers have to come by plane? Slow boat them. Check their temp. Too high? Over the side they go!

another idiot offers a viable solution to Ebola ... yo Del, you forgot cut off their arms and legs so they cant swim over ... bigoted dumbass

YET...

another idiot offers a viable solution to Ebola ... yo Del, you forgot cut off their arms and legs so they cant swim over ... bigoted dumbass
I support land mines to keep your relatives in Mexico also...GFY.

YET...

how many times do I need to remind you that I don't have any relatives in Mexico bigot boy, or is it boy bigot ... either way.

YET...

how many times do I need to remind you that I don't have any relatives in Mexico bigot boy, or is it boy bigot ... either way.
Talk to the hand...you mean nothing to me...convince your retard friends.

YET...

Isnt he insane? Did you hear him yesterday or the day before, I posted it? He stated that the economic markets are/were being impacted by this. To me? That's strange.

1. Duncan just died - what does the economic market have to do with it?! He was not a citizen so you wont see me losing sleep.
2. He really didnt give a great answer on why banning wont work. There are alternatives: (a) port those traveling to infectious countries for 21 days. (b) give special clearance to health care providers and army officials.

Links below are sources that verify that they are concerned about how ebola impacts the market - to me - more than they are of US citizens:

FTSE 100 hits 12 month low on economy and Ebola fears Business theguardian.com

Ebola Threatens Global Stock Market Seeking Alpha

Ebola Could virus s spread cause financial market turmoil - Telegraph

Stocks Drop As Ebola Fears Mixed Economic Data Weigh On Market - Forbes

What good would banning flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea to the United States do? No such flights exist.

You can port those who travel to infectious location for at the very least 21 days. Where would they stay? Answer: in the areas that will receive them i.e. Belgium. During that time, create a quarantined space so that they can be observed. You can also support those areas i.e. Belgium by sending military and medical personnel to maintain US medical protocol and standards of care. And quite honestly, Belgium is pretty efficient when it comes to this - however we shouldnt leave them out to dry by porting them without our support. They could also be screened by our military officials IN the affected areas, and then cleared after 21 days. In fact, I believe we need to do both.

Additionally, we can also ensure that they come through on one path to entry, i.e. Atlanta - Emory Hospital..or one of the other medically equipped hospitals, Omaha - etc.

This, "oh well they dont come here directly anyway" argument is really not doing us any good in my opinion. There are things to do - are we willing to do the extra work to do it? That's the question.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back