CBS "Free Speech" sets liberals in a furor...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by theHawk, Nov 26, 2006.

1. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,775
    The father of one of the victims at Columbine was on CBS news and given a chance to rant. Needless to say it was very upsetting for liberals. Katie Curic even said his views could be interpreted as 'repugnant'.

Here is the transcript:

(
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/02/freespeech/main2057062.shtml

He also went on Bill O'Reilly and defended his words. He had found out that the killers said some very disturbing things on their home videos, stuff about this is evolution at work and its time to kill the weak off.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217953,00.html

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I thought questioning the words of anybody who has been a victim of anything was to denegrate their situation, that the words of victims were unimpeachable. Guess it only applies to liberals.

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    The fact that Couric called it potentially "repugnant", instead of perhaps a calm "some viewers may disagree" says a lot about her and CBS News' religiophopbia.

Quote from the transcript:

I had never really thought through the point in the bolded part. So true and so sad. It all makes sense.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    You are right... i never thought about it that way either. And whats disturbing about it is there are a number on the left who do think of it exactly that way. It doesnt matter who they have to sacrifice to get their utopian workers paradise. Let's just hope they never become a majority.

5. kurtsprincess

kurtsprincess Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    When schools teach that everyone is equal (going beyond equal rights) and then does everything in it's power to equalize every situation by not letting any one child stand out or be recognized as being extraordinary, then how can value be placed upon their lives. When our children are seen as part of a collective.......they lose their identity and it's hard for some to assign value or to even recognize that all life has value and all life is different and deserves to be accepted and recognized for it's contribution to society.

They are being taught that winning is wrong, being superior is wrong, standing up for what is right and moral is wrong and might upset the "have nots".

Public school systems are corrupting our children:thumbdown:

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Then feel free to send your child to a parochial or other private school. Free country, right?

7. kurtsprincess

kurtsprincess Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Both my grandchildren go to a private school where they are taught to have values, principles and beliefs. They believe in recognizing ability, encouraging it and even celebrating it and not overly concerned about those who think being sepecial should not be rewarded,

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    I don't disagree with any of the things you're saying. I belive in recognizing ability and rewarding accomplishment. We've had entire discussions about that on this board and I hate when children are taught that just putting pen to paper makes their accomplishments equal with someone who worked hard and was more successful at the task. But that doesn't have anything to do with bringing religion into public schools. Values, principles and beliefs are my purview, not the schools.

I'm also not sure I would use Bill O'Reilly as my moral gauge, either. He's a bit shakey in the morals, values and principles area.

Off back to sleep now...

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    When you wake up I'd like to hear who it is that you think would represent a good moral gauge .

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,775
    Who said anything about using Bill O'Reilly as a moral gauge? He is just a man pointing out the lunacy of seculars. How about you stop attacking the man and refute his ideas and opinions.