CBS 60 Minutes : Government Should NOT Be In The Healthcare Business

There is no incentive for government to be efficient.
In private enterprise it is handled by going back and investigating claims. Not surprisingly people lie on their applications and claim no they never had a heart attack. After they have one and make a claim the insurance co will go back and investigate. If, surprise, the patient lied then they deny the claim.
This is the source for the stories about denied claims. But somehow the fact that the patient lied on his form and failed to disclose significant information is never mentioned.

Bottom line is, anyone who thinks the deficit will shrink under Obamacare is more credulous than a voter should be allowed to be.

Charlie Rangel's Political Party has no problems with massive fraud

OK, you braindead asshole, it is the Conservatives that have a fellow with 14 felony counts heading up Conservatives for Patient Rights. All he did was steal 1.7 billion from Medicare. Perhaps we should just prevent Conservatives from dealing with Medicare, and we would stop the stealing.

In private enterprise it is handled by going back and investigating claims. Not surprisingly people lie on their applications and claim no they never had a heart attack. After they have one and make a claim the insurance co will go back and investigate. If, surprise, the patient lied then they deny the claim.
This is the source for the stories about denied claims. But somehow the fact that the patient lied on his form and failed to disclose significant information is never mentioned.

Bottom line is, anyone who thinks the deficit will shrink under Obamacare is more credulous than a voter should be allowed to be.

Bottom line is the people doing most of the stealing are of the Conservative stripe, like Rich Scott.

What needs to be done is just put all of the present Health Care for profit groups out of buisiness, and use only non-profits.

Cool. Let's do away with the VA, medicare, medicaid, Indian health services, USPHS, CDC, NIH, etc.

Let's do.

Better yet, lets just vote out the Blue Dog Democrats, replace them with progressive Democrats, and vote out about 10 more braindead Rushpublicans in the senate, and about 50 more of the same in the House.

Then build a real healthcare system based on what is really working in other nations like Japan, Taiwan, and Germany, just to name a few.

I have been questioning all along their ability to manage any program. They have bankrupted social security, medicare, medicaid, the postal service, fannie and freddie, now some of you want to turn over 6% of our economy to these morons. You think we have fraud now, just wait until we do that. It's insanity and it will certainly lead to the bankrupting of the United States. Anyone ready to live in a tar paper shack? because that's where our children and grandchildren are going to end up if this nonsense doesn't stop.

Health care needs reformed but it can ALL be done through legislation.

Charlie Rangel's Political Party has no problems with massive fraud

OK, you braindead asshole, it is the Conservatives that have a fellow with 14 felony counts heading up Conservatives for Patient Rights. All he did was steal 1.7 billion from Medicare. Perhaps we should just prevent Conservatives from dealing with Medicare, and we would stop the stealing.

Ever heard of Chris Dodd, give me a break, fraud happens with both parties, they are corrupt with that blank check you want to give them on the backs of the taxpayers.

Cool. Let's do away with the VA, medicare, medicaid, Indian health services, USPHS, CDC, NIH, etc.

Let's do.

Better yet, lets just vote out the Blue Dog Democrats, replace them with progressive Democrats, and vote out about 10 more braindead Rushpublicans in the senate, and about 50 more of the same in the House.

Then build a real healthcare system based on what is really working in other nations like Japan, Taiwan, and Germany, just to name a few.

I can't wait to read your posts after the 2010 elections, that can't come soon enough.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have been questioning all along their ability to manage any program. They have bankrupted social security, medicare, medicaid, the postal service, fannie and freddie, now some of you want to turn over 6% of our economy to these morons. You think we have fraud now, just wait until we do that. It's insanity and it will certainly lead to the bankrupting of the United States. Anyone ready to live in a tar paper shack? because that's where our children and grandchildren are going to end up if this nonsense doesn't stop.

Health care needs reformed but it can ALL be done through legislation.

Crap, Maple, are you that stupid? The Healthcare industry is sopping up over 16% of the GDP right now. In fact, that figure may be a little low, I have seen estimates that put it at over 17% for 2008.

Japan, which has an absolutely stellar health care system, covers all of their citizens, and has very low wait times, with the best of results in longevity, health in old age, and infant mortality, spends only 8% of it's GDP on health care.

The present accelerating rise in health care costs in the US means that by 2020, we will be spending over 20% of the GDP on health care, if we continue the present system. And failing to cover an even larger per centage of our citizens.

Now you state that we can reform health care through legislation. Well, that is exactly what we are doing.

Let's do.

I can't wait to read your posts after the 2010 elections, that can't come soon enough.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm............

In the rating game between the to partys, the Republicans win in the South, 48-37, lose in the West, 12-72, in the Midwest 10-78, and in the Norheast 6-87.

Let's do.

Quit BS'ng Vernin. Socialized medicine is not working anywhere.

The 60 minutes piece shows you overwhelming evidence that fedgov is completely incompetent managing a healthcare system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is the people doing most of the stealing are of the Conservative stripe, like Rich Scott.

What needs to be done is just put all of the present Health Care for profit groups out of buisiness, and use only non-profits.

No, the bottom line is that Medicare is fraud prone, like all Government programs because no one has incentive watch the bottom line. Putting non-profs in charge will make that problem worse, not better.

NIH is involved in medical-oriented research - basic and clinical.

I know. I worked in the clinical center --- providing healthcare, funded by the government.

With any luck your job as bedpan emptier was eliminated.

I know I always thought of you as a real dim bulb without a clue. But your post about eliminating all those crap programs gave me new respect. Maybe you are learning something here after all.

Forum List

Back