CBO Cuts U.S. Growth Forecast Amid Warnings on Trade Spats

A command economy can merely command economize its way to prosperity.

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.
/——/ What kind of imbecile thinks you can live in Manhattan on $15 an hour. That’s ridiculous. We need $50 an hour MW.

A command economy can merely command economize its way to prosperity.

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.
/——/ What kind of imbecile thinks you can live in Manhattan on $15 an hour. That’s ridiculous. We need $50 an hour MW.
we don't need to cover current, irresponsible spending. get a real job; a minimum wage job is just temporary, right, right wingers.

Why did he triple the deficit then? Why did he raise taxes several times then? Why did H.W. have to raise taxes then? Why did Slick Willie have to raise taxes then? Because it did not work for Raygun either!
/——-/ You know why the deficit went up. You know the dem Congress led by Drunken sot Tip O’Neil double crossed Reagan and refused to cut spending, he increased it. In spite of that revenues continued to increase and the Dems just spent spent spent. Stop playing stupid.

So why did Raygun raise taxes 6 times? Now who is being stupid?
/——/ I love these questions that are really arguments to confuse peoples understanding of what occurred. In 1981, Reagan proposed the largest tax cut in US History. Some of the ideas were good, such as IRAs. The problem was that the tax cut at the higher income end was so significant that tax receipts dropped precipitously. In 1982, the tax cut was revised to allow for some increased revenue. I guess you would argue that represented a tax increase. But in spite of your claim, overall taxes went down.

Did he not raise taxes numerous times or not?

Did he?
Share a few examples.
Tax rate before he raised them, date he raised them, rate after he raised them.

Thanks!!

He did, I can not provide examples from fone(do not know how) but Google is your friend.

/——-/ You know why the deficit went up. You know the dem Congress led by Drunken sot Tip O’Neil double crossed Reagan and refused to cut spending, he increased it. In spite of that revenues continued to increase and the Dems just spent spent spent. Stop playing stupid.

/——/ I love these questions that are really arguments to confuse peoples understanding of what occurred. In 1981, Reagan proposed the largest tax cut in US History. Some of the ideas were good, such as IRAs. The problem was that the tax cut at the higher income end was so significant that tax receipts dropped precipitously. In 1982, the tax cut was revised to allow for some increased revenue. I guess you would argue that represented a tax increase. But in spite of your claim, overall taxes went down.

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

He did, I can not provide examples from fone(do not know how) but Google is your friend.

I'll be happy to wait for your eventual examples.
Take your time.

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Wages are stagnant. Labor force participation is as low as obama. Remember when Trump claimed the real unemployment rate was over 20%?
Good lets do it your and Obama's way again......lmao
Jobs are back and wages are going up and people have spending money again and storefronts are filling up again....unreal that you libs think running down the economy will convince anyone to remove Trump....LMAO....we all have eyes and ears and bank accounts.....growing bank accounts...dumbshits....lol
Wages are going up? Where have you seen that? Stock market is still well below it's high.
/——/ It has been posted before. Get your Google fixed so we don’t have to repost the same thing over and over and over.
Your imagination isn’t on google....
/-----/ here you go you little troll. It couldn't e any easier
Gov't reports gain of 213,000 new jobs generated in June; wages make modest gains, again - Daily Kos
https://www.dailykos.com › story ›

6 Jul 2018 · The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that the U.S. economy generated 213,000 seasonally adjusted new jobs in June. Of the total, 11,000 jobs were in the public sector, 202,000 in the private ...

You do know that article is old right?

Let me give you the updated numbers:

Real wages fell in Q2 despite low unemployment, Tax and Jobs Act | BenefitsPRO

Didn't they say the tax cuts would increase the deficits? That was quite accurate
No they are wrong and without historical perspective....Tax cuts will create jobs...its been proven right in front of our eyes...jobs will create tax payers....and tax payers pay taxes to the treasury and that will and is helping to correct Obama's massive deficits.....

Here is what you fundamentally don't get: VOLUMES matter.

It's not enough that tax-cut create some jobs for it to become self financing. If 2 jobs are created OBVIOUSLY that does not cover 1.5 Trillion dollar expense.

Here is a what CONSERVATIVE economists have to say about that:

In a paper on dynamic scoring, written while I was working at the White House, Matthew Weinzierl and I estimated that a broad-based income tax cut (applying to both capital and labor income) would recoup only about a quarter of the lost revenue through supply-side growth effects. For a cut in capital income taxes, the feedback is larger--about 50 percent--but still well under 100 percent. A chapter on dynamic scoring in the 2004 Economic Report of the President says about the the same thing.

Greg Mankiw's Blog: On Charlatans and Cranks

This is coming from a former chair of economic advisors to Bush Jr, and a big fan of tax-cuts.
/----/ there is no expense in letting people keep more of their own money.

Didn't they say the tax cuts would increase the deficits? That was quite accurate
No they are wrong and without historical perspective....Tax cuts will create jobs...its been proven right in front of our eyes...jobs will create tax payers....and tax payers pay taxes to the treasury and that will and is helping to correct Obama's massive deficits.....

It's not enough that tax-cut create some jobs for it to become self financing. If 2 jobs are created OBVIOUSLY that does not cover 1.5 Trillion dollar expense.

In a paper on dynamic scoring, written while I was working at the White House, Matthew Weinzierl and I estimated that a broad-based income tax cut (applying to both capital and labor income) would recoup only about a quarter of the lost revenue through supply-side growth effects. For a cut in capital income taxes, the feedback is larger--about 50 percent--but still well under 100 percent. A chapter on dynamic scoring in the 2004 Economic Report of the President says about the the same thing.

This is coming from a former chair of economic advisors to Bush Jr, and a big fan of tax-cuts.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

/——/ When my debt goes up I cut spending

all talk on the right wing in Congress.

all talk on the right wing in Congress.
/----/.and for once I agree with you 100%

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?
/——/ Maybe the evidence is in the same place Mueller hides his collusion proof.

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

No actually did 14 hrs at work yesterday and doing same today, just in break now so have not looked.back up. But DR actually did raise taxes 11 times according to one source I glanced at this morning. I promise will get more information ASAP. Sorry bro the best I can do now.

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

Ok here goes from the piece I read through, assume 95% is plagiarized so I will skip the quotations.
The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts. 1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare. In 1984 another bill closed tax loopholes, tax historian(they actually have this kinda thing, lol) Joseph Thorndike called the bills of 82 and 84 the largest tax increases inacted in peacetime.
The tax reform act of 1986, sought to symplify the tax system by eliminating many deductions, REDUCING THE HIIGHEST MARGINAL RATE GET AGAIN, and reducing the number of tax brackets.

Federal revenue share of GDP fell from 19.6% in fiscal 1981to 17.3% in 1984 before riding back to 18.4% by fiscal 1989, because he had to raise taxes to increase revenue again and was still at a 1.2% shortfall.

Personal income tax revenue fell during this period relative to GDP. The 1981 cut in the top regular tax rate on unearned income reduced the maximum capital gains rate to only 20% it's lowest level since the Hoover admin. The 1986 act set the dates on ordinary income like salaries and waves with both topping out at 28%. Reagan significantly reduced max tax rate from 70% to 50%. In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

Reagan raised taxes 11 times over the course of his presidency. The 1982 tax increase was substantially larger than Clinton's 1993 tax increase.

The 11 increases took back over half of his original tax cut. But he still managed to make sure the richest got a decrease from 70% to 28.4%! This the biggest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy in the history of the world!

Cellblock, I did not find that under RM's stuff, neither you or I know what he does or doesn't have but keep up the partisan hackery!

Did he?
Share a few examples.

Thanks!!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

Ok here goes from the piece I read through, assume 95% is plagiarized so I will skip the quotations.
The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts. 1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare. In 1984 another bill closed tax loopholes, tax historian(they actually have this kinda thing, lol) Joseph Thorndike called the bills of 82 and 84 the largest tax increases inacted in peacetime.
The tax reform act of 1986, sought to symplify the tax system by eliminating many deductions, REDUCING THE HIIGHEST MARGINAL RATE GET AGAIN, and reducing the number of tax brackets.

Federal revenue share of GDP fell from 19.6% in fiscal 1981to 17.3% in 1984 before riding back to 18.4% by fiscal 1989, because he had to raise taxes to increase revenue again and was still at a 1.2% shortfall.

Personal income tax revenue fell during this period relative to GDP. The 1981 cut in the top regular tax rate on unearned income reduced the maximum capital gains rate to only 20% it's lowest level since the Hoover admin. The 1986 act set the dates on ordinary income like salaries and waves with both topping out at 28%. Reagan significantly reduced max tax rate from 70% to 50%. In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

Reagan raised taxes 11 times over the course of his presidency. The 1982 tax increase was substantially larger than Clinton's 1993 tax increase.

The 11 increases took back over half of his original tax cut. But he still managed to make sure the richest got a decrease from 70% to 28.4%! This the biggest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy in the history of the world!

Cellblock, I did not find that under RM's stuff, neither you or I know what he does or doesn't have but keep up the partisan hackery!

The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts

Undo? Does that mean in 1981 a rate was 25% and in 1982 it rose to 28% or does it mean in 1981 a rate was 25% and was scheduled to drop to 20% in 1983 but they kept it at 25%?

1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare.

What was the rate before, what was the rate when Reagan was done?
What would the rate have been if he did nothing?

In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

upload_2018-8-17_16-0-59.png

Historical Income Tax Rates and Brackets, 1862-2013 - Tax Foundation

Where do you see a middle class tax hike that "paid for this shortfall"?

Saying he raised taxes in 1982 without showing which taxes he actually raised is still pointless.

Thanks for your attempt. Please let me know if you find anything more substantial.

Forum List

Back