Caught DK SUDDETH in a lie

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by The Beaver, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beaver

The Beaver Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading today (3/23/2004) some old postings from an earlier thread I generated regarding my opinion why America is on the decline, date March 16th. Like always the original topic took a turn and people were debating a variety of issues. One posting from DK SUDDETH stated that (she/he?) had a problem with religious organizations helping the poor because of their requisite to be a member of that organization in order to receive help. DK's paraphrased example: In order to get help from Catholic Charity's you have to be Catholic. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! This is absolutely untrue and false. Nice try DK. Catholic Charity's helps anyone and everyone irrespective of their religious or non-religious belief. They do not ask what religion you are when you ask for help. I know this as factual. I personally have volunteered my time and money with Catholic Charity's here in Santa Barbara for over 5 years and have never, ever seen anyone turned away. Period. They help based on each individuals needs at NO EXPENSE TO THE POOR WHATSOEVER.

I'm not sure if DK is just ignorant to the facts, or if DK, like most neo-coms, repeat lies until they become truth. Only DK knows this.

"Bringing truth forward allows untruths to go backwards"
    ----- An original Beaver quote----

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Beaver, why didn't you just post your reply in the thread you are refering to?

3. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What's up with this thread? and why start it?

I agree with Evil - I too am Catholic, and I have seen some of the so called charities. Most of which you did need to be Catholic to receive, and yes, Money too has become a style as well. But, this is no reason to start and state this in a thread! you want to pinpoint something like this, why not PM him and leave it between you two?

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    A statement made from a place of ignorance is not a lie. It is an error.

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    In my experience with catholic charities they have always asked, if you're not a member of a catholic church somewhere they will point you to the state.

Please point out how I LIED!!!!!!!!!! :lame2: :gay: :asshole:

6. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    :laugh:

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    :lame2: :gay: :asshole: <----- that is classic!!! :clap:

And Beaver, you'll note that I took DK to task for that statement already. His reply was adequate, IMO.

8. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    one could almsot have a conversation with smilies...lol

9. The Beaver

The Beaver Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    SIR EVIL...MTNBIKER...JANEENG:
    (I hope this answers your questions)

I don't think my statement was harsh at all.
    Re: everyone entitled to an opinion, no kidding. Re: Catholic church only interested in money. Perhaps. What's wrong w/money. The ACLU is all about money too, so is every other organization I can think of.

All I was referring to when I created a new thread was that DK made a comment about Catholic Charity's only helping Catholics through their service organizations. Again, this is totally not true.

The reason I started a new thread and not a reply is that my original thread was more than two weeks old and DK's reply was about 25 deep and I felt nobody reads the old stuff.

DK: Call it lying, call it ignorance, call it misinformed, call it an agenda, call it stupity, call it lameness. It's your call!

No they won't point you to the State unless you have a mental problem and are wielding a knife at some one. AGAIN, IF YOU ARE IN NEED, SAY LIKE HUNGRY, OR YOU NEED SHELTER, OR YOU NEED HELP MAKING RENT, OR YOU NEED A NEW PAIR OF PANTS, OR YOU NEED TO ARRANGE A RIDE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT--CATHOLIC CHARITY'S DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR RELIGIOUS BACKGROUND. THEY NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL ASK IF YOU'RE CATHOLIC. THEY DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN RETURN THE FAVOR. THEY DO NOT ASK FOR YOU TO CONVERT TO CATHOLICISM. ALL THEY ASK IS: CAN......WE.....HELP......YOU!
    I know most of you would like to prove that Catholic Charity's is a scam and that they only want to help other Catholics and that they turn away the bulk of people who really need help. I know you guys would like others to believe that Mother Superior is at the front gate to all Catholic Charity's with a sawed-off shotgun telling all non-believers to get the hell off our property unless you become Catholic. This is not to say the church is beneath criticism, it just says that at this time DK does not know what he is repeating.

10. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    and again, here in texas, catholic charities did the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.