cattle deaths

Why can't you ever give a straight answer?

2 weeks ago you told us the Continental US in the 30's didn't count because it wasn't global and now it does?

Rocks can't give a straight answer because he doesn't have an answer. He is unable to go off the script his religous leaders give him. They tell him how it is and he spreads the message to the best of his ability among us heathen unbelievers. If he were actually able to get off the page and do some critical thinking for himself, he wouldn't be a dupe. Considering his political leanings, he would in all likelyhood be a deliberate deciever but at least that isn't being a dupe.

Last edited:
Hot summer,compared to the wet cold spring and long very cold winter,broke a record yesterday,95 beating the 92 set in 1955.

The Heat Index!!!:D:D:D

Simply a brilliant ploy by weather outlets to get people to tune in..........later embraced by news outlets for the same pupose. THAT SHIT SELLS STUFF!! Promotes a measure of hysteria.

Go over to DRUDGE right now and you'll see a fancy colorful map as the lead story............with numbers all over it.

Temperatures?

Nope.

Heat Indexes!!!:up::up:

The k00ks take every opportunity to turn up the hysteria..............to them, this heat wave is like a body rub with happy ending. And you'll note the traffic of new board members in here over the last week. These are people who knew the Al Gore types would be ramping up the confusion and wanted to come in here and join me in the public humiliation efforts.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd say that we can expect higher prices for food to follow extremely hot summers like this.

I'd advise that we plan accordingly.

For some of us the cost of food is so modest compared to our incomes that it won't matter.

For the rest of America, such increases will have an effect on our budgets.

Battling about whether this is the result of Global Weirding, and if so, whether that trend is anthropogenic, while perhaps fun for some of us, is sort of pointless.

Some people just tend to the hysterical.............

Some fascinating shit............this is my 50th summer and in every one, we've had a couple of heat waves. Pardon me if my attitude is meh.

Last edited:
LOL. This is funny beyond belief. Not only are the wingnuts denying that there is such a thing as global warming, they are now denying that humidity has any affect on the stress one gets from the heat. Next, they will be stating that the sun rises in the west.

LOL. This is funny beyond belief. Not only are the wingnuts denying that there is such a thing as global warming, they are now denying that humidity has any affect on the stress one gets from the heat. Next, they will be stating that the sun rises in the west.

meh

Everybody has seen how people react in a crisis......say a car accident scene.........some are just more prone to do a meltdown and some just do what they have to do.
Make no mistake......people who are compelled to promote alarmism just have a lower threshhold when responding to real shit in life. Not a criticism.......its just fact. Much is based upon life experience. I work in a field where I deal with life and death situatiuons most every day. I see tragedy all the fcukking time. There are many like me in many differing fields and probably had distinctly different childhoods. Sorry but Im not coming out of my shoes when I see a heat index that makes the temperature look higher by a few degrees. Thankfully, the majority of people out there are not ready to go purchse a personal igloo as a result of this heat wave..........some I suppose feel it necessary.

Now Kooky, what you are stating is that someone, say an older person with some health issues, is a fool if they purchase a generator to keep their air conditioner going in case the grid fails.

The record heat spell in the 1930's, affecting the Continental USA was NOT Global Warming but the heat spell caused by high pressure system this week in a section of the Continental USA now means Global Warming.

Are you writing any of this down?

Now Franky boy, you don't have to give us a demonstration that you are one dumb fuck. We know that already. That is correct, the heat wave experianced in the dirty thirties was not a global phenomonem. And the current heat wave is being experianced not only the North America, but also in Europe and Asia

Heat Wave – Asia – Japan | C4I for Humanity

Seven people died in water and mountain accidents across the country Saturday, while over 74 were treated for heatstroke at an event site in Miyagi Prefecture, as the temperature rose to 38.6 C in Gunma Prefecture and record highs were observed in other parts of Japan. While the mercury soared to 38.6 C in the city of Isezaki in Gunma, three other cities also saw temperatures rise above the 38 C line, with the city of Tatebayashi recording 38.4 C, and the cities of Kumagaya and Chichibu in Saitama Prefecture registering 38.2 C and 38.1 C.

Heat wave in eastern Europe kills 1 person - Thursday, July 14, 2011 | 10:43 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Heat wave in eastern Europe kills 1 person
The Associated Press

Thursday, July 14, 2011 | 10:43 a.m.

A heat wave in Eastern Europe caused its first fatality on Thursday when a woman who had sought treatment at a hospital in Bosnia collapsed in its emergency room, a doctor said.

In Romania, France's ambassador fainted while giving a speech at his embassy.

In Bosnia, temperatures soared as high as 45 degrees Celsius (113 Fahrenheit), causing asphalt to begin melting in the southern city of Mostar.

The country's Health Ministry urged citizens to stay out of the sun between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Dragoljub Djuric, a doctor at a hospital in Bosnia's northern town of Modrica, said its emergency room was overcrowded with people with heat-related problems and that one woman collapsed and died there Thursday.

Jasmina Hanjalic, a doctor at an emergency room in Sarajevo, said the people seeking treatment there included construction workers.

In Romania, French Ambassador Henri Paul fainted while giving a speech at an embassy reception to celebrate Bastille Day in France. As he fell, he was caught by Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc.

Paul recovered after drinking a glass of water, and he blamed his collapse on temperatures that reached 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) in Bucharest.

Allie, once again you prove your inability to read with comprehension. The number is well over 2000 in just the three states mentioned. By the time this is over, I expect it will be above ten thousand, and may be multiples of that.

Just got back from a trip through Montana, South Dakota, and North Dakota. I saw areas well above the rivers that had standing water in low areas, areas measured by quarter sections. Some several sections. And the crops were dead in the fields where the water was. Mostly grains. Then you have the areas on the flood plains. They are mostly gone. 100s of thousands of acres of cropland that will not yield this year. The Missouri and Mississippi are in full flood at present, and have been since May. And will continue to be until at least September. Provided the area doesn't get a lot more of the rain it has been getting.

Never saw the grass so high or green in July in those states. Unfortunately, they were having a real problem harvesting the hay. One farmer that I talked to had turned the hay he cut three time already, and it was raining when I spoke to him. Said that he had never had such a good crop of hay, and wondered if he could save any of it. Hopefully this spell of heat will not have the persistant thunderstorms that they have had.

Oh, I'm sorry, 2500 cattle deaths will not lead to a shortage, either.

Neither will 5000.

Now Franky boy, you don't have to give us a demonstration that you are one dumb fuck. We know that already. That is correct, the heat wave experianced in the dirty thirties was not a global phenomonem. And the current heat wave is being experianced not only the North America, but also in Europe and Asia

Seven people died in water and mountain accidents across the country Saturday, while over 74 were treated for heatstroke at an event site in Miyagi Prefecture, as the temperature rose to 38.6 C in Gunma Prefecture and record highs were observed in other parts of Japan. While the mercury soared to 38.6 C in the city of Isezaki in Gunma, three other cities also saw temperatures rise above the 38 C line, with the city of Tatebayashi recording 38.4 C, and the cities of Kumagaya and Chichibu in Saitama Prefecture registering 38.2 C and 38.1 C.

Heat wave in eastern Europe kills 1 person - Thursday, July 14, 2011 | 10:43 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

The Associated Press

A heat wave in Eastern Europe caused its first fatality on Thursday when a woman who had sought treatment at a hospital in Bosnia collapsed in its emergency room, a doctor said.

In Bosnia, temperatures soared as high as 45 degrees Celsius (113 Fahrenheit), causing asphalt to begin melting in the southern city of Mostar.

The country's Health Ministry urged citizens to stay out of the sun between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Dragoljub Djuric, a doctor at a hospital in Bosnia's northern town of Modrica, said its emergency room was overcrowded with people with heat-related problems and that one woman collapsed and died there Thursday.

Jasmina Hanjalic, a doctor at an emergency room in Sarajevo, said the people seeking treatment there included construction workers.

In Romania, French Ambassador Henri Paul fainted while giving a speech at an embassy reception to celebrate Bastille Day in France. As he fell, he was caught by Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc.

Paul recovered after drinking a glass of water, and he blamed his collapse on temperatures that reached 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) in Bucharest.

thumb.php

Didn't Rush say the liberals caused all of this?
Something about squiggly light bulbs or minimum wage?

My cows are doing fine. Plenty of shade and cool water to drink.

good grief, it's ALLIE, not ALLEY.

And of COURSE it's a commie plot; that's why the commies are promoting the myth.

Higher prices for grains, next, for cattle.

Heat Wave Taking A Toll On Midwest Cattle Farmers - MyStateLine.com

Some cattle farmers are taking on huge losses as record heat keeps a grip over much of the U.S.
Hundreds of cattle have died across the nation's midsection.
Farmers say they're having a hard time keeping the animals cool.
One farmer in South Dakota has lost nearly a million-dollars and close to half of his herd.
Record heat has been blamed for the deaths of one-thousand cattle in Minnesota.
Farmers may be eligible for federal aid to help cover the loss.

Cattle deaths reported from extreme heat

“We know in South Dakota they’ve had 1,000 to 1,500 cattle lost to this heat,” Grooms said. “It looks like (the hot weather) is going to continue for a couple more days, so we really want people to focus on what they can do to keep those animals alive through this sort of situation.” Farmers can be reimbursed for animals lost in severe weather, including losses due to heat.

Heat wave is especially hard on Nebraska’s cattle herds

Heat wave is especially hard on Nebraska’s cattle herds
July 21, 2011 By Matt Kelley
This week’s extreme heat has killed hundreds of cattle in South Dakota, but as yet, no figures are being released about cattle deaths in Nebraska, where beef is a $10-billion a year industry.

While temps today are a little cooler, the forecast still calls for steamy days ahead. Cattle producer Dal Grooms says cows have an especially difficult time dealing with high temperatures, heavy humidity and a lack of wind.

“Cattle don’t really sweat like some livestock do, they rely completely on respiration,” Grooms explained. “If you’ve walked outside, you know it’s really hard to breathe. Well, it’s really, really hard to breathe for those cattle.”

When i was a kid we had a heat wave here in ohio for so long there was an advisory and a fine for anyone flicking cigarette buts out of their car. Saw 3 different yard fires in town due to cigarettes thrown out. Can't recall exactly how long the heat wave lasted but it was considered a drought and the local reservoir dropped low enough I could walk into the center to fish in an area about 15 feet around. There was weeks of 100 + degree Fahrenheit weather and ya know when that happened? Late 80's around 88 or 89 if I recall.

Ya know we have a heat wave here now too, and so far its only been a week and as of yet no 100+ degree days yet between the news and the algorians you would think its unprecedented the end of days.. Gimme a break and stop being such a chicken little already...

Its a heat wave, not the foretold second coming of the goracle, and its not going to kill all the elderly or weak. get off the TV and lighten up..

The Associated Press

It's summer. It's hot.

Get a Life.

Forum List

Back