100 Atheists

badger2

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2016
From the recent Freethought TV series, an author talks about his book.

100 Atheists

and? is there a major point they have?

Don't worry about it. If you don't get it, nobody will force you to be an atheist. You are free to imagine anything about atheists that you choose. You don't have to see the reality.

The reality about atheists is that the prisons are full of them.

When they take over a government, they start murdering people by the millions.

They say they can be as moral as a Christian, but when you ask them specific questions about what they believe, they aren't.

They say they can be as moral as a Christian, but when you ask them specific questions about what they believe, they aren't.

What makes you think people who call themselves Christian are moral?

Well, I know that when people are in prison, it's considered progress if they become Christian. That makes sense to me, since Christianity comes with a rule book like "thou shalt not kill" and "thou shalt not steal." That's stuff that, if followed, will keep you out of prison.

Well, I know that when people are in prison, it's considered progress if they become Christian. That makes sense to me, since Christianity comes with a rule book like "thou shalt not kill" and "thou shalt not steal." That's stuff that, if followed, will keep you out of prison.

So now you are trying to equate all atheists with prisoners. What an idiot you are.

So now you are trying to equate all atheists with prisoners. What an idiot you are.
You forgot to mention that I also said atheists who take over the government become murderers of millions. I think that's a more serious charge, but I stand by it.

You forgot to mention that I also said atheists who take over the government become murderers of millions. I think that's a more serious charge, but I stand by it.

The last time a government was taken over here was in the 1700s, dumb ass. Do you consider all the founding fathers to be atheist murderers?

The last time a government was taken over here was in the 1700s, dumb ass. Do you consider all the founding fathers to be atheist murderers?
I was talking about countries taken over by the Communists. Atheism is a core principle of Communism, and as a result they recognize no moral limits on the horrible things they want to do.

I was talking about countries taken over by the Communists. Atheism is a core principle of Communism, and as a result they recognize no moral limits on the horrible things they want to do.

So much of what you believe is bullshit.

I can pull up the numbers. According to one source, Communists have murdered, all told, approximately 94 million people.

The Black Book of Communism - Wikipedia

All Communists are atheists, so its fair to say that atheists have murdered more people than all religions combined.

I can pull up the numbers. According to one source, Communists have murdered, all told, approximately 94 million people.

All Communists are atheists, so its fair to say that atheists have murdered more people than all religions combined.

You're grabbing at straws there dumb ass. Are you really trying to say anyone who sees no reason to believe in a god is exactly the same as the most brutal regimes in history? You are admonished to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves. You are more like as dumb as a rock and as petty as an ex mother in law.

You're grabbing at straws there dumb ass. Are you really trying to say anyone who sees no reason to believe in a god is exactly the same as the most brutal regimes in history? You are admonished to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves. You are more like as dumb as a rock and as petty as an ex mother in law.
An atheist does not recognize the laws of God. Only the laws of man can restrain him, and that's not nearly effective enough. That's why so many atheists end up in prison.

An atheist does not recognize the laws of God. Only the laws of man can restrain him, and that's not nearly effective enough. That's why so many atheists end up in prison.

You have tipped the scales on ignorance for now. Your claim that morality can only come from religion is pathetically wrong.

and? is there a major point they have?

They're rich, fancy free, doing expensive drugs, and checked into Hotel California.

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night."

This song is about the attractive qualities of worldly things and the loveliness of being high on drug addiction but they ultimately end. The man drives along the highway (his life) and his head grows heavy and his sight grows dim, forcing him to stop for the night (he dies). He sees a pretty woman in the doorway of the hotel but cannot decide if he is in heaven or hell.

"There she stood in the doorway, I heard the mission bell
Then I was thinking to myself this could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor I thought I heard them say

'Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
(Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year
(Any time of year)
You can find it here'

Many people think they are in a tunnel or corridor and they see a light. When the woman invites him in he sees the other people in the hotel. these people are mocking him as he comes in (such a lovely face) and they realize he does not know where he is.

"Her mind is Tiffany twisted, she got the Mercedes Benz
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys that she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

"So I called up the captain, "Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969"
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night just to hear them say"

He goes to a party in the courtyard and sees people dancing (to remember better times, to forget the present). he asks the captain to bring him his wine, but the captain claims that they have not had that spirit (hopefulness or eagerness) since 1969.

"Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink champagne on ice
And she said, "We are all just prisoners here of our own device"
And in the master's chambers they gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"

When the man starts to realize where he is (hell) he tries desperately to get back to his car (life). The doorman tells him there is nothing to worry about, he can check out at any time, but he can never leave (referring to the fact that, once in hell, a person can realize their mistakes, and repent of their wrong doings, but by the time they realize this, they cannot leave.

#4 & #14's claim contradicts the video in post #1. Where are the legitimate statistics? Billboard on an Indianapolis freeway depicting a bearded Jesus: "You Can't Escape From His Paradise."

What I want to know is what is like for an atheist who has nothing but the rest of this rotten life to look forward, growing old, getting sick, becoming dependent on others, trying to survive on Social Security?

I have all these problems to look forward to, but I know there's a good end to it, a journey to a place where I will be happy forever.

How does the atheist face the end when he had only nothingness to look forward to? It must be awful and depressing to be an atheist.

Atheists are the only people with enough ambition to obtain political influence. So you are right. You can help but be wrong. All leaders are atheist even if they pretend they aren't.

Forum List

Back