CATASTROPHIC SLOW NEWS DAY: 'Breaking News - Annual Penis Festival'

Ok, how pathetic can the media get? Pretty freaking low if they have to run THIS story as one of their leads:

Annual PENIS FESTIVAL held to celebrate male genitals
- Includes huge steel phallus carried to a shrine

Shinto Kanamara Matsuri, aka the Festival of the Steel Phallus, is a Japanese festival that celebrates 'FERTILITY' (not penises, as this dumbass media reports). It's not even NEW, so I don't know what made them report this today as a 'leading story' as if it were breaking news. The festival has been held every year since 1977! It is believed to have its roots in the 17th Century, following the gory tale of a sharp-toothed demon who fell in love with a beautiful woman.

As I said, today must have been an EXTREMELY SLOW news day......
Seems like you are relishing the story

Seems like you are relishing the story
In part you are correct - I spent several years living in Japan. The country was beautiful, the people were / are incredibly nice, friendly - they will go out of their way to help you, especially if you make an effort to learn their language and culture / respect their culture. Japan would be in the top 3 - 5 countries I would love to go back to and live one day if given the opportunity. When I saw this story, aside from thinking what a stupid story to make your headline and how it must be a slow news day, it reminded me of how great it was living in Japan.

Forum List

Back