CATASTROPHIC SLOW NEWS DAY: 'Breaking News - Annual Penis Festival'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Ok, how pathetic can the media get? Pretty freaking low if they have to run THIS story as one of their leads:

Annual PENIS FESTIVAL held to celebrate male genitals
- Includes huge steel phallus carried to a shrine

Shinto Kanamara Matsuri, aka the Festival of the Steel Phallus, is a Japanese festival that celebrates 'FERTILITY' (not penises, as this dumbass media reports). It's not even NEW, so I don't know what made them report this today as a 'leading story' as if it were breaking news. The festival has been held every year since 1977! It is believed to have its roots in the 17th Century, following the gory tale of a sharp-toothed demon who fell in love with a beautiful woman.

As I said, today must have been an EXTREMELY SLOW news day......

Ok, how pathetic can the media get? Pretty freaking low if they have to run THIS story as one of their leads:

aka the Festival of the Steel Phallus, is a Japanese festival that celebrates 'FERTILITY' (not penises, as this dumbass media reports). It's not even NEW, so I don't know what made them report this today as a 'leading story' as if it were breaking news. The festival has been held every year since 1977! It is believed to have its roots in the 17th Century, following the gory tale of a sharp-toothed demon who fell in love with a beautiful woman.

really? in japan it's big (pun intended )
not all the news in the world is bad or need you to criticize it's importance .must have been a slow gossip day for you to comment on it.

Shinto Kanamara Matsuri, aka the Festival of the Steel Phallus, is a Japanese festival that celebrates 'FERTILITY' (not penises, as this dumbass media reports). It's not even NEW, so I don't know what made them report this today as a 'leading story' as if it were breaking news. The festival has been held every year since 1977! It is believed to have its roots in the 17th Century, following the gory tale of a sharp-toothed demon who fell in love with a beautiful woman.

BREAKING NEWS:

Donald J. Trump flies to Japan to see if he has the biggest penis at the festival, and discovers he has the smallest one...

( Could not resist! )

Fertility festivals go back to Adam in every culture. I don't know where you read that article, but it might be a hint to avoid them as a valid news source in the future. I'll betcha it wasn't in the NY Times.

Fertility festivals go back to Adam in every culture. I don't know where you read that article, but it might be a hint to avoid them as a valid news source in the future. I'll betcha it wasn't in the NY Times.
why not !there are plenty of dicks in the new York times .
it was there I had to use it!

I had to bing it to see what sites were carrying the story, and it is on some of the regulars like the Mirror, Mail and Huffpost, but you would have to search for it I bet, and now it make me wonder why the OP'er was surfing the word Penis for?

Shinto Kanamara Matsuri - Bing News

( No, the link is actual bing search about the festival and nothing dirty )

Wonder if OP ever heard of a Maypole. :ack-1:

I had to bing it to see what sites were carrying the story, and it is on some of the regulars like the Mirror, Mail and Huffpost, but you would have to search for it I bet, and now it make me wonder why the OP'er was surfing the word Penis for?

Thanks! Times have changed when so many newspapers use the word in their headlines. I take back my snarky comment, I guess.

You're right, and thanks to BL I now realize there may have been nothing wrong with your news source, after all. Not that you listened to me anyway, but I officially RETRACT my criticism of the news source.

BTL, I was actually surfing the news and thought it was pathetic that an organization that calls itself a 'news' agency had this story as a LEAD. this isn't news. If anything it should be in a Library in the 'reference section'.

Note the fact that MY point I focused on regarding this story was the uselessness of some so-called 'news media' and how they will do about anything to bolster ratings on a 'slow news day'....while what got YOU excited was a festival celebrating penises.

BTL, I was actually surfing the news and thought it was pathetic that an organization that calls itself a 'news' agency had this story as a LEAD. this isn't news. If anything it should be in a Library in the 'reference section'.

Note the fact that MY point I focused on regarding this story was the uselessness of some so-called 'news media' and how they will do about anything to bolster ratings on a 'slow news day'....while what got YOU excited was a festival celebrating penises.
False ! It's what news is meant to be: who, what, were, when and why.
Basic journalism.

Yes, that was indeed catastrophic.

Yes, that was indeed catastrophic.
To assholes like you anything not mentioning the death of democracy or the the president is a commie would appear as catastrophic.

BREAKING NEWS:

Donald J. Trump flies to Japan to see if he has the biggest penis at the festival, and discovers he has the smallest one...

( Could not resist! )
Marco Rubio you mean.

Trump doesn't need to compare penises cuz he's bloody rich.

Anthony Weiner was going to be interviewed for this story, but he was unavailable for comment. Seems he's in Japan being the 'Parade Marshall' for this event.

:lmao:

Now if they named it "Anal Penis Festival", they would have attracted even more participants. :clap2:

Forum List

Back