cat food....

Discussion in 'Pets' started by strollingbones, Mar 18, 2011.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    clark the puker has began to puke yet again....so i am changing his food to 'blue'

holistic food.....dont even fucking ask how much...way damn too much

anyone use this cat food?

what do you use?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    My cats have all flown the coop; Mylo the terrier is not a gracious roommate. Cat food is ALWAYS expensive, even the cheap stuff...and I KNOW cheap stuff is garbage.

Lol..clark the puker, that's funny. It's cheaper to just feed him human food I imagine; chicken primarily, I'd think. Maybe a little tuna for a treat. I'd boil it, chop it up w/skin & cartilege, maybe add a little rice bran and call it good. One cat, probably one chicken a week.

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I've fed cats that way before, incidentally. They lean down and get very shiny.

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Meow mix. They love it... So the wife says. I have to admit, it isn't bad with a little milk and sugar.

5. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    well, me have no catz......and I never fed my doggie wet food, its ALL garbage.

6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    My cats get 5 different crunchy foods, all lined up in a planter tray, like a buffet. They graze on these whenever they want, every three days I refill them.

They have "Snack bars" where a bowl is flush-mounted on either end of the bar, I keep "treat" type crunchies in these and refill as needed.

Wal-Mart tuna in the pouch, they get this twice a day as their "meal." Sometimes for a switch they get "wet" canned nummies, super supper or liver and bacon. Cats like variety and they are do better as grazers, not wolfers like dogs.

It's 8 cats, I feed them for around $50 a month. Very seldom ever have any Wyatt issues. (Wyatt Earp. Get it? Earp?)

I use sWheat brand cat litter, it's wheat based. Never a odor one comes from it. No stinkies at all in my house. Ever. It's sWheat.

I put diatomatious earth in their litter, in their bedding, anywhere they lounge. Keeps all bugs off of them. Never any ticks or fleas, with NO pesticides.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,703
    Bones,

Can it be that Clark the Puker has a hairball problem (very common with cats)?

Unless you are certain that this is not the problem you should pick up a tube of Hairball Remedy from any pet supply store. (The most common brand is Hartz Mountain.)

Squeeze half an inch onto a fingertip every day. He will lick it off because they love it (malt taste) and it will effectively stop the puking.

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    They lick and chew their coat alot more when they have parasites, ticks and fleas, mites and the like. Greatly increases the likelihood of hairballs.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Gosh reading this thread makes me feel like I have all the unpleasantness of having cats, with none of the positive...

Blech.

I don't like to feed commercial food (if that's all they eat) because I know that stuff is pure unadulterated crap. I'll feed commercial food in addition to real food. I don't feed tuna every day because I know cats in the wild don't eat tuna. If they eat fish, it's raw, and it isn't very often. They also don't eat chickens, I know this, but they do eat birds.

And garter snakes, and mice (they don't eat rats). They don't eat cows and pigs, so my cats don't get anything except an occasional taste of beef & pig....

10. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    All our cats ate 'prescription' food, Science Diet. It was expensive but after losing a cat due to cheap cat food causing struvite crystals in his bladder that forced us to put him down, I'd be very leery of doing anything else.

Do NOT get "Felidae". that is the shit that killed our cat. The dog brand is Canidae. Avoid it like the plague.

If you get the 'diet' food, expect double the poop because it's all filler that swells to make the animal feel full, but it's just 'fiber'.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1