Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Listening, May 9, 2012.

1. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    A long time ago a great three-time governor of Louisiana, Earl Long, said about Jimmie Davis, the two-time not very good governor of Louisiana, "You couldn't wake up Jimmie Davis with an earthquake."

As I go around the country and see various Democrats and talk to them on the phone, honestly I'm beginning to think that we have become the party of Jimmie Davis.

My message is simple: WTFU. Translated -- wake the you-know-what up, there is an earthquake.

James CarvilleYou think that Democrats around the country are going to win -- as I hear time and time again from people on the street.

Democratic fundraisers, activists, supporters, and even politicians alike have somehow collectively lapsed into the sentiment that the president is going to be reelected and that we have a good shot to take the House back while holding the Senate.

I ask: What are you smoking? What are you drinking? What are you snorting or just what in the hell are you thinking?

Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose - CNN.com

It is amazing that democrats would think they are going to win.

As much as I can't stand James....he's been a pretty good voice when it comes to tactical matters. Let's hope democrats don't listen to him.

I so look forward to the screams on the day after the election.

2. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    :lol: This is too funny he's think that if you wake democrats up that democrats will win? Better work on the economy first James
    Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose - CNN.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    8 threads on gay marriage, but none on massive deficits, lack of jobs, looming double-dip, and the generalized horrible malaise of Liberalism and dependency unleashed on America by Pelosi-Reid-Obama.

In other words, just like Barry would like the national dialogue to be going.

4. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,770
    The media and the left might not want to talk about the disaster in the White House, but those who are still unemployed and barely getting by know what's what and they will vote.

5. Firehorse

Firehorse Free Thinker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    It's an illusion that only the magician believes in. We all know what the election in November is about, we don't need the bias media talking up this or that. Nobody other then a gay couple that is thinking of getting married cares about gay marriage. We may all have a belief on the matter, but does it have any real meaning at the presidential ballot box? No. This election will be about debt, the economy, the inability of our leaders to see the error of their ways, their ruling against the will of the people, Obamacare and other abominations in spending.

They can talk on whatever topic they want, we know that they lie. They can quote any stat that they want, we know that they lie. They can say whatever they want, we know that they lie.

America has had enough. The grown ups, the ones with jobs and children to raise that had not had time to care about political games have woken up. The party is over. The grown ups are coming home and we are kicking out R's as well as D's

6. Misty

Misty Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,308
    Ever since Carville was on Rush talking to his wife Mary Matalin like a love sick puppy dog, I find him very squishy and cuddly. He's not mean at all. He worships her. It was beautiful.

7. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    I never understood what Mary saw in batboy.

[​IMG]

8. Firehorse

Firehorse Free Thinker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I agree ... Love is a powerful thing

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  9. RightWingFerret

RightWingFerret BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Carville speaks good english being he's an alien from Mars.

10. swizzlee

swizzlee RedWhiteAndBlue

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Ah, but here's where you have to once again wonder if Obama has a clue how to avoid stepping up to his neck in doo-doo.

I personally feel this little gay marriage "diversion" will be another factor that will end up hurting him at the ballot box. And I think that's the reason behind so many threads discussing it.

Everyone knows about the deficit, jobs, double-dip, etc and also knows the current Congress will do nothing about those issues until after the election.

So now we focus on those events that occur day to day where we can analyze the impact, if any, on the election.

First mistake appears to be that Biden's comments were NOT planned. That forced Obama into an instant "evolvement." Even as the excuse makers claimed he planned to make his position known somewhere down the line.

He literally had no choice.

The question now becomes how and to what degree this will impact voters in those swing states who already have anti-gay marriage laws in place.

Barry may want the dialogue to go this way but I don't think he's wants the direction of that dialogue to be outside his own control.

He also doesn't seem to realize that the voting public is well aware of the real problems and they're not going to forget.

It's still the economy - and we're not stupid!