Carrying Citizenship card at all times.

Sense

Apr 16, 2011
Can someone explain to me why having to carry a us citizenship card at all times is considered such a bad idea. It personally think its a great idea.

Can someone explain to me why having to carry a us citizenship card at all times is considered such a bad idea. It personally think its a great idea.

You mean a National ID card? The federal government will use it for tighter and tighter control of every American. The government already has way too much power already. Don't give them any more.

PaypaaaahZ!!! Show me ze paypahz!!!

America is SWIFLY on their way to becoming more and more of a Police State, and the Right is leading the charge.

Good job OP.

:clap2:

A citizenship card is a bad idea at the get go because it makes it far too easy to kind of sort of 'lose' the paperwork etc. in order to get one and then make a person's life miserable. Nor should immediate lack of one be justification for immediate arrest. And yes, there are elected leaders and bureaucrats who are that dishonest.

But I do not think it unreasonable to ask ANY person in this country to provide positive proof of their identity when there is reasonable need to know such as in a routine traffic stop or entering a public building or receiving a boarding pass at the airport. And anybody's inability to provide positive proof of identity should be grounds for immediate further investigation.

A citizenship card is a bad idea at the get go because it makes it far too easy to kind of sort of 'lose' the paperwork etc. in order to get one and then make a person's life miserable. Nor should immediate lack of one be justification for immediate arrest. .
Yes but a passport is all that you would need to prove your citizenship. Besides you can already be arrested by corrupt diplomat for being illegal. You can be held without reason for 72 hours as well. Im not saying its the only source of evidnce to prove citizenship just a card that someone can ask you to produce at any time like when you get pulled over.

I'm all for one that would replace a large part of what's in my wallet.... Driver's Licence, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate/SS Card, National ID, etc.... Hell, we could get the stores onboard with it and let them attach their "frequent shopper" discounts directly to that card number.

The only thing I would suggest should be separate is any FINANCIAL options (bank accounts, credit cards, etc...)

It's actually already required by law to carry your green card <now pink> with you at all times. People don't like it because they want the illegals to be able to have more benefits than the rest of us, especially the legal immigrants. So glad our state has stopped letting illegals have driver's licenses.

I always carry my driver's license with me, if my citizenship papers were required, I'd carry them. My son has an id card but seldom carries it, but then again, he doesn't go out without anyone else, he is low functioning autistic and can't talk.

Why would I need proof of citizenship on me at all times?
You need an id card at all times dont you? To drive a car or use a creditcard. This would just be an extnsion of that.

Those are for specific actives: I do not need a DL on me at all times, just when I'm driving. What is the justification for this "extnsion"?

You need an id card at all times dont you? To drive a car or use a creditcard. This would just be an extnsion of that.

For those who are against a national ID card, it is all about privacy and not allowing the government to have too much information on us. The problem is that unless you are a hermit living in a cave, there is so much information out there already. Many can't even begin to imagine all the info available, and a lot of it isn't even correct. But it is out there. I understand the argument against it, but I really don't think it matters anymore. If the government wants info on an individual, they're going to get it.

I'm all for one that would replace a large part of what's in my wallet.... Driver's Licence, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate/SS Card, National ID, etc.... Hell, we could get the stores onboard with it and let them attach their "frequent shopper" discounts directly to that card number.

The only thing I would suggest should be separate is any FINANCIAL options (bank accounts, credit cards, etc...)

Exactly so its not that big of a jump. Not to mention with todays technology you could probley make in nearly forgeryprooof. It would simply help the government find illegals. Currently they cant ask people they suspect for fear of looking racist. But if everyone had that card they could ask a lot of people to avoid that.

For those who are against a national ID card, it is all about privacy and not allowing the government to have too much information on us. The problem is that unless you are a hermit living in a cave, there is so much information out there already. Many can't even begin to imagine all the info available, and a lot of it isn't even correct. But it is out there. I understand the argument against it, but I really don't think it matters anymore. If the government wants info on an individual, they're going to get it.

Yes so this would simplify that saving you a headache.

A citizenship card is a bad idea at the get go because it makes it far too easy to kind of sort of 'lose' the paperwork etc. in order to get one and then make a person's life miserable. Nor should immediate lack of one be justification for immediate arrest. And yes, there are elected leaders and bureaucrats who are that dishonest.

But I do not think it unreasonable to ask ANY person in this country to provide positive proof of their identity when there is reasonable need to know such as in a routine traffic stop or entering a public building or receiving a boarding pass at the airport. And anybody's inability to provide positive proof of identity should be grounds for immediate further investigation.

Why not? If you don't have ID or a driver's license, you can be subject to instant arrest? Why should the illegals get all the breaks?

A citizenship card is a bad idea at the get go because it makes it far too easy to kind of sort of 'lose' the paperwork etc. in order to get one and then make a person's life miserable. Nor should immediate lack of one be justification for immediate arrest. .
Yes but a passport is all that you would need to prove your citizenship. Besides you can already be arrested by corrupt diplomat for being illegal. You can be held without reason for 72 hours as well. Im not saying its the only source of evidnce to prove citizenship just a card that someone can ask you to produce at any time like when you get pulled over.

If a person has no ID, then I agree further investigation would be justified. But any legitimate photo ID should otherwise be sufficient. True Americans value liberty above all else and will risk giving up any more of that to government control. Requiring us to carry ANYTHING at all times erodes a little more of our personal liberties.

Exactly so its not that big of a jump. Not to mention with todays technology you could probley make in nearly forgeryprooof. It would simply help the government find illegals. Currently they cant ask people they suspect for fear of looking racist. But if everyone had that card they could ask a lot of people to avoid that.

Why not just cut the crap and make it so any Hispanic looking person has to have proof of citizenship on them at all times and available to any LEO request at any time. That's what this is really about. Be real. There aren't any cops that suspect a white person might be an illegal Canadian immigrant.

I'm just wondering how that's going to work seeing as how we can't even get one Political party to agree to any form of ID when voting.

If a person has no ID, then I agree further investigation would be justified. But any legitimate photo ID should otherwise be sufficient. True Americans value liberty above all else and will risk giving up any more of that to government control. Requiring us to carry ANYTHING at all times erodes a little more of our personal liberties.

You can buy a fake id for like 50 bucks im talking about something a little harder to forge.

You can buy a fake id for like 50 bucks im talking about something a little harder to forge.

Yup. And a mandatory 'citizenship card' would no doubt inspire a thriving cottage industry producing them for anybody who wanted one.

Why not just cut the crap and make it so any Hispanic looking person has to have proof of citizenship on them at all times and available to any LEO request at any time. That's what this is really about. Be real. There aren't any cops that suspect a white person might be an illegal Canadian immigrant.

You must be joking. My brother in law is Canadian and even WITH his green card <read pink> he gets hassled everytime he visits Canada and tries to come back even with my sister, his wife being born here. One time they held him up for THREE hours while they checked his paperwork.

Illegals, like Americans, come in all races.

Forum List

Back