Carol Cannon, WH reporter, Admits 08 election bias

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
"In the 2008 election, we took sides, straight and simple, particularly with regard to the vice presidential race. I don't know that we played a decisive role in that campaign, and I'm not saying the better side lost. What I am saying is that we simply didn't hold Joe Biden to the same standard as Sarah Palin, and for me, the real loser in this sordid tale is my chosen profession." Carl Cannon - Long Time WH Reporter. LINK

Biden with gaff after gaff, after gaff got a pass. Read the link.

EDIT: Another link provided by Midnight Maurader http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/07/08/sarah-barracuda-palin-and-the-piranhas-of-the-press

Last edited:
"In the 2008 election, we took sides, straight and simple, particularly with regard to the vice presidential race. I don't know that we played a decisive role in that campaign, and I'm not saying the better side lost. What I am saying is that we simply didn't hold Joe Biden to the same standard as Sarah Palin, and for me, the real loser in this sordid tale is my chosen profession." Carl Cannon - Long Time WH Reporter. LINK

Okay, so a rightwing mouthpiece confesses for all the media? Sounds a little fishy, to say the least...

Okay, so a rightwing mouthpiece confesses for all the media? Sounds a little fishy, to say the least...

Sounds a little fishy to a leftwing mouthpiece ? omgnoway ....

The looney Left took sides??? Say it isn't so!!!!

EDIT: Another link provided by Midnight Maurader Sarah 'Barracuda' Palin and the Piranhas of the Press -- Politics Daily

GASP! I would never have guessed!

Of course there's bias. Anyone with one eye and a brain knows it.

Cannon's not right wing. AND he's being quoted directly. If he didn't say it, I imagine he'd deny it.

Okay, you guys are right. The media was so tough on Sara Palin. Just look at how Katie Couric, a serious journalist, asks these real tough questions of former Gov. Palin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg]YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8]YouTube - Palin: I Read All the News[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfqWzGMgmY&feature=related]YouTube - Sarah Palin Talks Bailout Proposal[/ame]

And here she is talking war strategy and lying about air raids in Afghanistan killing innocent civilians:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICH77bufCe0]YouTube - Palin / Biden debate Afghanistan @ Washington University[/ame]

Now, I'm not saying ol'Joe Biden is without flaw and can make a real ass out of himself, but really? Sarah Palin is an idiot. Joe can be an idiot, but he has had a very successful political career. He can't be that stupid. He also wasn't a media sensation.

The things that Fox news has reported and said about Barack Obama are far worse than anything the so-called "liberal" media has ever said or reported about Sarah Palin. Even Fox news reported this about Sara Palin:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvj-Xr0irhE]YouTube - FNC's Liz Trotta Slams Sarah Palin![/ame] calling her inarticulate and under-educated! And that she has only encouraged the media with her superficiality and false-image when really she has simply used her "good looks and gender" to get ahead in the political arena. Here is Sean Hannity really being tough on Sarah Palin and she still comes across as an idiot! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU90Z6VBEk0]YouTube - Sarah Palin Interview with Sean Hannity -- Alaska Governor Speaks with FOX News Channel [1/2][/ame]

She fed the fodder folks. Get over your poster child for Down's Syndrome.

I did not intend this as a "Ohhhh poor sara palin thread" I inteded it as a "The media's bias is blatant, disgusting, and lame" thread.

I should have known better when wording my OP.

I did not intend this as a "Ohhhh poor sara palin thread" I inteded it as a "The media's bias is blatant, disgusting, and lame" thread.

I should have known better when wording my OP.

I'm a liberal. The media is central. You're a conservative. From your perspective the media is liberal. From mine, its mainstream, meaning a little of both liberal and conservative (except MSNBC which is more liberal and FOX with is more conservative). Are you going to tell me that FOX news really IS fair and balanced? From your perspective it might SEEM that way. But from mine, its blatantly, disgustingly, and lamely biased. So now, perhaps, you can see outside of yourself and realize that the media is biased, just not more liberal or conservative, and it just depends on who the reporter writing the story is and what their perspective is (except MSNBC and FOX).

You see the media as central because your bias is theirs. And you can't recognize it. It's a cognitive failing of the entire left.

Okay, you guys are right. The media was so tough on Sara Palin. Just look at how Katie Couric, a serious journalist, asks these real tough questions of former Gov. Palin:

YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy

YouTube - Palin: I Read All the News

YouTube - Sarah Palin Talks Bailout Proposal

And here she is talking war strategy and lying about air raids in Afghanistan killing innocent civilians:YouTube - Palin / Biden debate Afghanistan @ Washington University

Now, I'm not saying ol'Joe Biden is without flaw and can make a real ass out of himself, but really? Sarah Palin is an idiot. Joe can be an idiot, but he has had a very successful political career. He can't be that stupid. He also wasn't a media sensation.

The things that Fox news has reported and said about Barack Obama are far worse than anything the so-called "liberal" media has ever said or reported about Sarah Palin. Even Fox news reported this about Sara Palin:YouTube - FNC's Liz Trotta Slams Sarah Palin! calling her inarticulate and under-educated! And that she has only encouraged the media with her superficiality and false-image when really she has simply used her "good looks and gender" to get ahead in the political arena. Here is Sean Hannity really being tough on Sarah Palin and she still comes across as an idiot! YouTube - Sarah Palin Interview with Sean Hannity -- Alaska Governor Speaks with FOX News Channel [1/2]

She fed the fodder folks. Get over your poster child for Down's Syndrome.
how does she come off as dumb in that sean interview, plz tell me

EDIT: Another link provided by Midnight Maurader Sarah 'Barracuda' Palin and the Piranhas of the Press -- Politics Daily

Well, duh. Thank you Captain Obvious, Carl Cannon.

But now I have to laugh at the idea of Katie Couric as a "serious" journalist.

I figured that statement was so obviously ridiculous that you'd know it to be sarcstic. Katie Couric is nothing close to a serious journalist. That's what makes former Gov. Palin's performance in the interviews that much more appalling.

You see the media as central because your bias is theirs. And you can't recognize it. It's a cognitive failing of the entire left.

Wrong. I see the media as central because I am MORE left than the media. You see it as liberal because it is more left than you. Get it? What, do you think FOX is centrist, Allie?

Forum List

Back