“Career Diplomats Like Me Deserve Better Treatment”

So we can have an unelected bureaucracy accountable to no one, or we can have new blood every 4 years. Just because someone is rich does not make them unqualified. Sounds more and more liked entrenched bureaucrats trying to protect their turf by claiming they are so much smarter than everyone else.

this reminds me of an interview I watched recently where an elder foreign service lady was bemoaning the fact that there were not more of her kind now in the service. She went on about how important the years of service and experience were to the country and how bad things under trump were. All I could think of was if you were so good and irreplaceable how did the foreign service let China get over on us for the last 30 years. People who are so full of themselves rarely have talent for self reflection.

Last edited:
So we can have an unelected bureaucracy accountable to no one, or we can have new blood every 4 years. Just because someone is rich does not make them unqualified. Sounds more and more liked entrenched bureaucrats trying to protect their turf by claiming they are so much smarter than everyone else.
The article shows the arrogance and self righteousness of these unelected Deep Staters. I’m extremely happy to hear Trump is showing them the door.

They are of the global world mindset. They got slipped in over the last several administrations.

Forum List

Back