Car crazy crashes into OK crowd. At least 3 dead. Liberals yawn.

i noticed the football game went off as planned

You can just cancel everything in a city over a tragic incident. The driver deserves severe punishment and the families extensive prayers.

But the Chicago Bears still play every Sunday...despite dozens of shootings.

wonder what going on with a football game after that many deaths in the parade for the football game....affects kids

It's shows them that horrible things can happen...and life will go on without you. So be safe and don't do dumb shit.

Pretty good.

A) DUIs kill 50,000 people per year. More than Iraq and Afghan wars combined from 2002-present.
B) Gun violence kills about 30,000 people per year.

A) Cops try traffic checkpoints and minor traffic stops to attempt to locate and arrest possibly drunk drivers BEFORE a tragedy. LIBERALS bitch and whine and protest these preventive actions.
B) LIBERALS bitch and whine about the government needing to do something to prevent tragic gun deaths.

Hmmmmm. Anyone see the hypocrisy?
Gun nut logic: DUI's still happen even with traffic stops. Therefore, traffic stops don't prevent DUI's.

If they treated a drunk driver the way drunk drivers need to be treated when caught driving drunk, more might think twice about it.

A) DUIs kill 50,000 people per year. More than Iraq and Afghan wars combined from 2002-present.

A) Cops try traffic checkpoints and minor traffic stops to attempt to locate and arrest possibly drunk drivers BEFORE a tragedy. LIBERALS bitch and whine and protest these preventive actions.
B) LIBERALS bitch and whine about the government needing to do something to prevent tragic gun deaths.

Gun nut logic: DUI's still happen even with traffic stops. Therefore, traffic stops don't prevent DUI's.

If they treated a drunk driver the way drunk drivers need to be treated when caught driving drunk, more might think twice about it.

This I agree with completely. Drunk drivers are high on my shit list along with terrorists, murderers, child molesters, rapists, and abortionists. They deliberately endanger the public, that's your family and mine, and it should be treated as a felony. Right now what we're doing doesn't work because DUI's happen all the time. When I was serving in Fort Bragg, a drunk driver had his whole world crash down on him. The Battalion, Brigade, or sometimes event the Post commanding officer would come to pick them up from jail. They would be given an Article 15, their on base driving privileges would be suspended for a year and often his entire unit would be punished one way or another through loss of days off duty, etc. At every end of day formation, especially before the weekend, we would all be told not do drive drunk and what the consequences would be. And it still wasn't enough because some dumbfuck soldier, or an NCO just as often, would get arrested over the weekend and EVERYONE would hear about it as the shit storm commenced.

Prison is the only effective response. Take dangerous individuals and lock their asses up.

This I agree with completely. Drunk drivers are high on my shit list along with terrorists, murderers, child molesters, rapists, and abortionists. They deliberately endanger the public, that's your family and mine, and it should be treated as a felony. Right now what we're doing doesn't work because DUI's happen all the time. When I was serving in Fort Bragg, a drunk driver had his whole world crash down on him. The Battalion, Brigade, or sometimes event the Post commanding officer would come to pick them up from jail. They would be given an Article 15, their on base driving privileges would be suspended for a year and often his entire unit would be punished one way or another through loss of days off duty, etc. At every end of day formation, especially before the weekend, we would all be told not do drive drunk and what the consequences would be. And it still wasn't enough because some dumbfuck soldier, or an NCO just as often, would get arrested over the weekend and EVERYONE would hear about it as the shit storm commenced.

Prison is the only effective response. Take dangerous individuals and lock their asses up.

I'm a volunteer with the local fire department. I've seen too many innocent lives taken where the body has to be cut out of the vehicle while the drunk driver is fine.

We've gotten a lot stricter with DUIs in the last 30 years but much more needs to be done. Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime and should be a felony in all cases with loss of license of 5+ years. Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

Text driving is in some ways even worse than drunk driving. The DUI can say, sometimes truthfully, that he didn't know he was drunk. The text-driver always knows he is doing something extremely dangerous to everyone else on the road.

Both should get the book thrown at them. Same with extreme speeders, say 20+ over the limit.

We've gotten a lot stricter with DUIs in the last 30 years but much more needs to be done. Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime and should be a felony in all cases with loss of license of 5+ years. Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

Does that include not being able to drive mopeds? Where I live, we have had a significant increase of what is referred to as a DUI-Mobile or a Liquor-Cycle. They don't require a tag, insurance to operate, nor do they pay property taxes. If someone does lose their license to drive a car, they can operate one of these. Suggestions have been made at the state level government to require a license, tag, etc. only to be met resistance.

Does that include not being able to drive mopeds? Where I live, we have had a significant increase of what is referred to as a DUI-Mobile or a Liquor-Cycle. They don't require a tag, insurance to operate, nor do they pay property taxes. If someone does lose their license to drive a car, they can operate one of these. Suggestions have been made at the state level government to require a license, tag, etc. only to be met resistance.

Biciclete, autobus, o caminar. It isn't societies job to find ways to accommodate drunk drivers. After their minimum 2 year imprisonment (5 if it's a second offense, 10 for 3rd offense, etc) they should go another 5 years before getting their license back.

Prolly another drunk driver playing on a cell phone. Such people are far more dangerous than a gun nut but liberals say ignore them.

Three Dead At OSU Homecoming Parade In Stillwater

oct 24 2015 STILLWATER, Oklahoma - We're told three people are dead and several others are hurt at the Oklahoma State University Homecoming Parade Saturday. A vehicle ran into the crowd causing the deaths and multiple injuries.

The Stillwater mayor has confirmed the three fatalities. The mayor reports two people are in critical condition and 27 have been taken to the hospital. Eight helicopters in all responded to the scene.

Witnesses tell News On 6 it was terrifying as a car crashed into parade watchers at high speed. The car was not part of the parade but was on Main before crashing into the crowd at the intersection with Hall of Fame. A police motorcycle unit was also hit, according to reports.

Liberal here and I'm not yawning, I'm actually shocked as is most people. Now please lets all pray for the dead and hope this mop has a good lawyer, cause she's going down...and rightly so. I just hope her car insurance was paid up

Prolly another drunk driver playing on a cell phone. Such people are far more dangerous than a gun nut but liberals say ignore them.

oct 24 2015 STILLWATER, Oklahoma - We're told three people are dead and several others are hurt at the Oklahoma State University Homecoming Parade Saturday. A vehicle ran into the crowd causing the deaths and multiple injuries.

The Stillwater mayor has confirmed the three fatalities. The mayor reports two people are in critical condition and 27 have been taken to the hospital. Eight helicopters in all responded to the scene.

Witnesses tell News On 6 it was terrifying as a car crashed into parade watchers at high speed. The car was not part of the parade but was on Main before crashing into the crowd at the intersection with Hall of Fame. A police motorcycle unit was also hit, according to reports.

Liberal here and I'm not yawning, I'm actually shocked as is most people. Now please lets all pray for the dead and hope this mop has a good lawyer, cause she's going down...and rightly so. I just hope her car insurance was paid up

Car insurance has limitations on liability. It will be a drop in the bucket and will do little to restore what was lost.

What amount of payout by an insurance company do you think would be sufficient to offset the value of the lives of the innocent people that were killed?

Minor traffic stops do lower DUI rates.
Checkpoints lower DUI rates.

Liberals protest both of them.

Stop and Frisk lowers the unlawful loose gun rate.
Minor traffic stops lower the unlawful loose gun rate.

Liberals protest both.

Do you see a trend?

THERE IS A PROVEN WAY to reduce the number of DUI drivers....AND the number of unlawfully carried guns....floating on our streets.

And liberals have protested those tactics and demonized the men and women who do it.

See the trend?
If you believe Democrats are against DUI checkpoints then you're a retard.

Stop and frisk is sooooo unconstitutional. Jefferson would slap you across the face for suggesting it to him.

Why did you ignore my gun statement?
what's the difference between the two? Please teach me.

Liberals protest both.

Do you see a trend?

THERE IS A PROVEN WAY to reduce the number of DUI drivers....AND the number of unlawfully carried guns....floating on our streets.

And liberals have protested those tactics and demonized the men and women who do it.

See the trend?

Stop and frisk is sooooo unconstitutional. Jefferson would slap you across the face for suggesting it to him.

At DUI checkpoints, they don't pull over just the brown people.

Liberals protest both.

Do you see a trend?

See the trend?

At DUI checkpoints, they don't pull over just the brown people.
I was a truck driver for many years. If I got caught on a cell phone by a state trooper it was 300 dollars. If I got caught on a cell phone by a DOT van it was 2900 dollars and an automatic firing.

Forum List

Back