Car crazy crashes into OK crowd. At least 3 dead. Liberals yawn.

Gun nut logic: DUI's still happen even with traffic stops. Therefore, traffic stops don't prevent DUI's.

Minor traffic stops do lower DUI rates.
Checkpoints lower DUI rates.

Liberals protest both of them.

Stop and Frisk lowers the unlawful loose gun rate.
Minor traffic stops lower the unlawful loose gun rate.

Liberals protest both.

Do you see a trend?

THERE IS A PROVEN WAY to reduce the number of DUI drivers....AND the number of unlawfully carried guns....floating on our streets.

And liberals have protested those tactics and demonized the men and women who do it.

See the trend?
If you believe Democrats are against DUI checkpoints then you're a retard.

Stop and frisk is sooooo unconstitutional. Jefferson would slap you across the face for suggesting it to him.

Why did you ignore my gun statement?
what's the difference between the two? Please teach me.
At DUI checkpoints, they don't pull over just the brown people.
I was a truck driver for many years. If I got caught on a cell phone by a state trooper it was 300 dollars. If I got caught on a cell phone by a DOT van it was 2900 dollars and an automatic firing.

Those DOT vehicles scare me more than cops. They can look at my HOS log and actually understand it. Cops take a brief look at it and their eyes glaze over.

Minor traffic stops do lower DUI rates.
Checkpoints lower DUI rates.

Liberals protest both of them.

Stop and Frisk lowers the unlawful loose gun rate.
Minor traffic stops lower the unlawful loose gun rate.

Liberals protest both.

Do you see a trend?

THERE IS A PROVEN WAY to reduce the number of DUI drivers....AND the number of unlawfully carried guns....floating on our streets.

And liberals have protested those tactics and demonized the men and women who do it.

See the trend?
If you believe Democrats are against DUI checkpoints then you're a retard.

Stop and frisk is sooooo unconstitutional. Jefferson would slap you across the face for suggesting it to him.

Why did you ignore my gun statement?
what's the difference between the two? Please teach me.
At DUI checkpoints, they don't pull over just the brown people.
I was a truck driver for many years. If I got caught on a cell phone by a state trooper it was 300 dollars. If I got caught on a cell phone by a DOT van it was 2900 dollars and an automatic firing.

Those DOT vehicles scare me more than cops. They can look at my HOS log and actually understand it. Cops take a brief look at it and their eyes glaze over.

Ya, A state trooper pulled me over for passing a slow car in the 500 dollar lane. He said let me see your logs. I had electronic logs and I said here they are. He got all pissy, cause it disempowered him. He finally got to a question I couldn't answer, and he gave my truck line a ticket for not adequately training me.
Actually he was pretty nice, he saw I had a great driving record, and said, "stay out of that 500 dollar lane."

Does that include not being able to drive mopeds? Where I live, we have had a significant increase of what is referred to as a DUI-Mobile or a Liquor-Cycle. They don't require a tag, insurance to operate, nor do they pay property taxes. If someone does lose their license to drive a car, they can operate one of these. Suggestions have been made at the state level government to require a license, tag, etc. only to be met resistance.

I don't know. Mopeds are really not much more dangerous than bicycles since most go under 30 mph. If they're under 50cc treat them like bikes.

Biciclete, autobus, o caminar. It isn't societies job to find ways to accommodate drunk drivers. After their minimum 2 year imprisonment (5 if it's a second offense, 10 for 3rd offense, etc) they should go another 5 years before getting their license back.

I agree drunk drivers deserve prison time but i wonder if we can handle the expense. I just did a search and read that in 2010, over 14 million americans were arrested for DUI.

Does that include not being able to drive mopeds? Where I live, we have had a significant increase of what is referred to as a DUI-Mobile or a Liquor-Cycle. They don't require a tag, insurance to operate, nor do they pay property taxes. If someone does lose their license to drive a car, they can operate one of these. Suggestions have been made at the state level government to require a license, tag, etc. only to be met resistance.

I don't know. Mopeds are really not much more dangerous than bicycles since most go under 30 mph. If they're under 50cc treat them like bikes.

I do see a lot of bikes on the roadways but it's the secondary roads. I travel a major US Highway (not an interstate) every day to and from work. I see mopeds designed for one with two people on a regular basis. I won't say that I haven't seen bike vs. car accidents, but moped vs. car occur quite regularly.

Biciclete, autobus, o caminar. It isn't societies job to find ways to accommodate drunk drivers. After their minimum 2 year imprisonment (5 if it's a second offense, 10 for 3rd offense, etc) they should go another 5 years before getting their license back.

I agree drunk drivers deserve prison time but i wonder if we can handle the expense. I just did a search and read that in 2010, over 14 million americans were arrested for DUI.

It's my humble opinion that we can't afford NOT to lock up dangerous individuals. We can raid the State Department's foreign aid budget or Michelle Obama's vacation fund. We got to have priorities.

Prolly another drunk driver playing on a cell phone. Such people are far more dangerous than a gun nut but liberals say ignore them.

Three Dead At OSU Homecoming Parade In Stillwater

oct 24 2015 STILLWATER, Oklahoma - We're told three people are dead and several others are hurt at the Oklahoma State University Homecoming Parade Saturday. A vehicle ran into the crowd causing the deaths and multiple injuries.

The Stillwater mayor has confirmed the three fatalities. The mayor reports two people are in critical condition and 27 have been taken to the hospital. Eight helicopters in all responded to the scene.

Witnesses tell News On 6 it was terrifying as a car crashed into parade watchers at high speed. The car was not part of the parade but was on Main before crashing into the crowd at the intersection with Hall of Fame. A police motorcycle unit was also hit, according to reports.

Liberal here and I'm not yawning, I'm actually shocked as is most people. Now please lets all pray for the dead and hope this mop has a good lawyer, cause she's going down...and rightly so. I just hope her car insurance was paid up

Car insurance has limitations on liability. It will be a drop in the bucket and will do little to restore what was lost.

If it was proven to be deliberate, insurance likely will not pay.

Forum List

Back