Capitalism is...Slavery; Democracy is Not

Here's the issue I have.

I know I haven't been on here for a day... or a day and a half...

But, The truth is, anytime we choose to use military action to supplement our Private Industry is pure Fascism. Private Industry should be responsible for their own success... not our taxpayers..... especially if they aren't willing to share in their windfall of our efforts.
There shouldn't be any time requirement involved for having your opinions given the same consideration as those of long time USMB posters.

For me, it's the diversity of opinions expressed here that makes me come back for my daily fix.

A constant inflow of fresh life experiences like yours only adds to the diversity, imo.

Regarding the use of military might for enhancement of corporate profits, I suspect we would all be paying more for gasoline, and the major oil companies would not be burdened with any windfall profits if we were paying the US Navy directly from sales at the pumps.

It also seems likely to me that a vacuum would occur if the US Navy stopped policing potential choke points in the global oil supply.

Here's the issue I have.

But, The truth is, anytime we choose to use military action to supplement our Private Industry is pure Fascism. Private Industry should be responsible for their own success... not our taxpayers..... especially if they aren't willing to share in their windfall of our efforts.
There shouldn't be any time requirement involved for having your opinions given the same consideration as those of long time USMB posters.

For me, it's the diversity of opinions expressed here that makes me come back for my daily fix.

A constant inflow of fresh life experiences like yours only adds to the diversity, imo.

Regarding the use of military might for enhancement of corporate profits, I suspect we would all be paying more for gasoline, and the major oil companies would not be burdened with any windfall profits if we were paying the US Navy directly from sales at the pumps.

It also seems likely to me that a vacuum would occur if the US Navy stopped policing potential choke points in the global oil supply.

Hope you realize that you are criticisim militarism and fascism , NOT CAPITALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so you know.

Back to the Ranch

"The Air Force is investigating whether a two-star general violated military regulations by urging fellow Air Force Academy graduates to make campaign contributions to a Republican candidate for Congress in Colorado, Pentagon officials said yesterday.

"Maj. Gen. Jack J. Catton Jr., who is on active duty at Langley Air Force Base, sent the fundraising appeal on Thursday from his official e-mail account to more than 200 fellow members of the academy's class of 1976, many of whom are also on active duty.

"We are certainly in need of Christian men with integrity and military experience in Congress," Catton wrote."

Are we really?

Air Force to Examine Fundraising E-Mail Sent by a General - washingtonpost.com
I suppose the fact that he's being investigates proves it's not Air Force policy hasn't occurred to you, has it?

No. I don't expect it has.
Missed it again.
Congratulations.

Is the phrase "Christian men with integrity and military experience" an oxymoron on your planet?

Guess not.

So, a guy says "Christian men with integrity and military experience" is a good thing, gets investigated for improper activities, and YOU think it means the military condones a fundamentalist takeover.

Yup. You're insane. :cuckoo:

GeorgePhillip and WestWall,

Thank you for your contributions. These are the considerations i would expect, and hope would be what should be expected.

I am hoping that someone is thinking through this at some level other than at the 'top-of-the-store'.

My question for myself is:
- "What is it going to look like for me on the ground ... and will someone with a uniform of one stripe or another decide that i am the enemy?"

What about the 'other-side', whoever they might be ...
- "What are they going to do to me if the guys with the 'uniforms' are not around to protect me?"

AND what about this?

Gerald Celente - KSFO Brian Sussman 17 June 2011
Trends Journal: Subscribe to the Trends Journal
Twitter: Gerald Celente (geraldcelente) on Twitter

YouTube - Gerald Celente - KSFO Brian Sussman 17 June 2011

Gerald Celente - Talk Radio Europe 16 June 2011
YouTube - Gerald Celente - Talk Radio Europe 16 June 2011

Robert ~

I suggest you read a lot of history about revolutions and how they were instigated and crushed. In all cases where a revolution was crushed outside troops were brought in to do it. Local troops will not fire on people they know. Tianenmen square is an excellent example. the local garrison would not go into the square like the leadership wanted so the leadership pulled them out and brought provincial troops in to do the dirty work.

Then those soldiers who had been removed were culled of disloyal troops. This is a pattern that is repeated over and over and over again.

The whole reason for the desire to increase the inherent military capability of the UN is to do away with US sovereignty. The powers that be, when the time comes, wish to bring UN troops into the US to "keep the peace" because they know US troops won't do it.

Here's the issue I have.

No, it's not fascism but it does turn the original intent of the US military on its head. The military has been converted into a mercenary force for the benefit of the large corporations. This is true and it is exactly what Smedley Butler warned us about.

GeorgePhillip and WestWall,

Thank you for your contributions. These are the considerations i would expect, and hope would be what should be expected.

I am hoping that someone is thinking through this at some level other than at the 'top-of-the-store'.

My question for myself is:
- "What is it going to look like for me on the ground ... and will someone with a uniform of one stripe or another decide that i am the enemy?"

What about the 'other-side', whoever they might be ...
- "What are they going to do to me if the guys with the 'uniforms' are not around to protect me?"

AND what about this?

Gerald Celente - KSFO Brian Sussman 17 June 2011
Trends Journal: Subscribe to the Trends Journal
Twitter: Gerald Celente (geraldcelente) on Twitter

YouTube - Gerald Celente - KSFO Brian Sussman 17 June 2011

Gerald Celente - Talk Radio Europe 16 June 2011
YouTube - Gerald Celente - Talk Radio Europe 16 June 2011

Robert ~

I suggest you read a lot of history about revolutions and how they were instigated and crushed. In all cases where a revolution was crushed outside troops were brought in to do it. Local troops will not fire on people they know. Tianenmen square is an excellent example. the local garrison would not go into the square like the leadership wanted so the leadership pulled them out and brought provincial troops in to do the dirty work.

Then those soldiers who had been removed were culled of disloyal troops. This is a pattern that is repeated over and over and over again.

The whole reason for the desire to increase the inherent military capability of the UN is to do away with US sovereignty. The powers that be, when the time comes, wish to bring UN troops into the US to "keep the peace" because they know US troops won't do it.

Yes, WestWall,

I was wondering when {and hoping that} someone would bring this up ...

Thank you.

Would this prove to be a fortuitous moment for the Yankee temperament to instruct the world to the folly of falling pray to getting gamed into taking such an action?

I think it would be great sport ... AND an opportunity for those with a certain type of disposition to leave the inland port of Savanna and go put the heel of aggravation to those who pretend to the action of "doing power".

Me, i would love to see the 'powers that be' fall into this trap. I am hoping for exactly that. But then too ... my 'old-story' demeanor is no longer permitted to hold court on the world stage any more. So, maybe we would all get to see ourselves become slaves. Maybe we would get to see ourselves not protecting our troops. Maybe we would see all our guns stay home and fail honor ... while those of our kith-and-kin in uniform, who were declared 'disloyal', found themselves put to the ax.

In Northern New Hampshire, it sometimes takes a while for newbie State Troupers to learn that it is the locals who protect them when things get out of hand. You ought to see their faces when these big tough former military cops find out who-is-who-in-the-zoo ... and that their safety is dependent upon those whom they ticket. It changes them.

Robert ~

Forum List

Back