Capitalism is...Slavery; Democracy is Not

Onward Christian Pilots

Are you including the premillenial, dispensational, reconstructionist, dominionist, evangeliecal, fundamentalist Christian pilot in your statement?

Mikey Weinstein has some doubts:

'Michael 'Mikey' Weinstein represents an extended family of graduates from the U.S. Air Force Academy. As his biography proudly notes: 'Mikey comes from a family that has dedicated itself to the service of the United States.

"One indication of the family’s commitment is its multi-generational association with the nation’s military academies, in particular, the United States Air Force Academy. His father graduated from the United States Naval Academy. Mikey is a graduate of the Air Force Academy, as are his brother-in-law, eldest son and daughter-in-law. His youngest son is currently a cadet at the Air Force Academy."

Weinstein believes that radical Christians began recruiting actively in the US armed forces at the time we switched from conscription to an "all volunteer" military.

"BuzzFlash: Clearly, this could not happen without approval from the hierarchy in the Pentagon.

Michael L. Weinstein: Actually, it’s happening top-down, I think. And it’s been going on for quite awhile. We think it started in 1972 when the draft ended.

The theory for having a draft was that we were pulling from what we now call blue and red states, conscripting people into the military.

"Of course, a lot of them were pissed off coming in, and when you’re pissed off, even a spoonful of sugar doesn’t make the Jesus go down.

"But since we ended the draft, going to the full volunteer force in 1972, now we’re pulling mostly from what we call red states, where there’s a lot of this blending of a virulent form of dominionist Christianity –- essentially predatory Christianity -– with patriotism.

"Then, in 1994, with the Gingrich revolution taking over, two years into the Clinton presidency, the politics of polarization really reared its ugly head.

"Either you’re with us or you don’t really deserve to be an American."

Please don't allow my source, "BuzzFlash", to influence your assessment of this issue.

Weinstein is all over cyberspace with his campaign for separation of church and military.

Mikey Weinstein Tackles the Evangelical Coup in America's Military | BuzzFlash.org
Ahh. So he wants to strip Constitutional rights away from servicemembers because he's bigoted and afraid.

Onward Christian Pilots

Are you including the premillenial, dispensational, reconstructionist, dominionist, evangeliecal, fundamentalist Christian pilot in your statement?

'Michael 'Mikey' Weinstein represents an extended family of graduates from the U.S. Air Force Academy. As his biography proudly notes: 'Mikey comes from a family that has dedicated itself to the service of the United States.

"One indication of the family’s commitment is its multi-generational association with the nation’s military academies, in particular, the United States Air Force Academy. His father graduated from the United States Naval Academy. Mikey is a graduate of the Air Force Academy, as are his brother-in-law, eldest son and daughter-in-law. His youngest son is currently a cadet at the Air Force Academy."

Weinstein believes that radical Christians began recruiting actively in the US armed forces at the time we switched from conscription to an "all volunteer" military.

"BuzzFlash: Clearly, this could not happen without approval from the hierarchy in the Pentagon.

Michael L. Weinstein: Actually, it’s happening top-down, I think. And it’s been going on for quite awhile. We think it started in 1972 when the draft ended.

The theory for having a draft was that we were pulling from what we now call blue and red states, conscripting people into the military.

"Of course, a lot of them were pissed off coming in, and when you’re pissed off, even a spoonful of sugar doesn’t make the Jesus go down.

"But since we ended the draft, going to the full volunteer force in 1972, now we’re pulling mostly from what we call red states, where there’s a lot of this blending of a virulent form of dominionist Christianity –- essentially predatory Christianity -– with patriotism.

"Then, in 1994, with the Gingrich revolution taking over, two years into the Clinton presidency, the politics of polarization really reared its ugly head.

Please don't allow my source, "BuzzFlash", to influence your assessment of this issue.

Weinstein is all over cyberspace with his campaign for separation of church and military.

Mikey Weinstein Tackles the Evangelical Coup in America's Military | BuzzFlash.org
Ahh. So he wants to strip Constitutional rights away from servicemembers because he's bigoted and afraid.
Not unless you can find a Constitutional right to impose your version of Christianity on another service member.

"PJV: You are a military man from a military family. Your children, like you, are graduates of the U.S. Air Force Academy. Was there a personal incident that brought you to found the Military Religious Freedom Foundation?

"Well, yes, there was. For me, it started almost started to the day 47 months ago. It was the early part of February 2004 when the Mel Gibson movie came out – I forget the name of it by I refer to it as the 'Jesus Chainsaw Massacre,' or 'Freddy vs. Jesus.' Obviously this is 'Passion of the Christ.'

"I found out at that time, from Protestant members of the faculty who had reached out to me, that the administration was putting tremendous pressure on the 4,400 cadets and 6,000 staff to go see that movie.

"I was surprised that I had heard about this from my three children that were at the Academy at the time. So I asked them and they said, 'Yeah, it is terrible. It is everywhere we look -- it’s in the academic buildings, when we stare down at our plates, when we march into Mitchell Hall,' (the dining facility) 'flyers are put on our plates, in the academic buildings the walls are covered with these posters exhorting us with this stuff.'

"I brought that to the attention of the senior general of the Academy, confident and secure in the fact that they would fix this. (My wife and I had been fairly prominent at the Academy for a number of years, supporting it with our blood, sweat, tears, money, etc.) About four or five months later, I was at the Academy for a conference, when my younger son (who had just finished the arduous one-month combat survival training) asked me if it would be possible to sit down and talk.

"It was June 29, 2004, and he was very troubled. He told me he had been called a 'fucking Jew,' and that he and the Jewish people had total complicity in the execution of Jesus Christ by numerous people up and down the chain of command at numerous places around the Academy."

Did you encounter any Evangeliecal Christians during your career?

Would you happen to be one?

An Interview with Michael Weinstein

Onward Christian Pilots

Not unless you can find a Constitutional right to impose your version of Christianity on another service member.

"PJV: You are a military man from a military family. Your children, like you, are graduates of the U.S. Air Force Academy. Was there a personal incident that brought you to found the Military Religious Freedom Foundation?

"Well, yes, there was. For me, it started almost started to the day 47 months ago. It was the early part of February 2004 when the Mel Gibson movie came out – I forget the name of it by I refer to it as the 'Jesus Chainsaw Massacre,' or 'Freddy vs. Jesus.' Obviously this is 'Passion of the Christ.'

"I found out at that time, from Protestant members of the faculty who had reached out to me, that the administration was putting tremendous pressure on the 4,400 cadets and 6,000 staff to go see that movie.

"I was surprised that I had heard about this from my three children that were at the Academy at the time. So I asked them and they said, 'Yeah, it is terrible. It is everywhere we look -- it’s in the academic buildings, when we stare down at our plates, when we march into Mitchell Hall,' (the dining facility) 'flyers are put on our plates, in the academic buildings the walls are covered with these posters exhorting us with this stuff.'

"I brought that to the attention of the senior general of the Academy, confident and secure in the fact that they would fix this. (My wife and I had been fairly prominent at the Academy for a number of years, supporting it with our blood, sweat, tears, money, etc.) About four or five months later, I was at the Academy for a conference, when my younger son (who had just finished the arduous one-month combat survival training) asked me if it would be possible to sit down and talk.

"It was June 29, 2004, and he was very troubled. He told me he had been called a 'fucking Jew,' and that he and the Jewish people had total complicity in the execution of Jesus Christ by numerous people up and down the chain of command at numerous places around the Academy."

No, to both. I've never been proselytized, even by the chaplain corps.

Why do you implicitly believe what he says with no corroboration?

Oh, yeah. It's because you're stupid.

GeorgePhillip and WestWall,

Thank you for your contributions. These are the considerations i would expect, and hope would be what should be expected.

I am hoping that someone is thinking through this at some level other than at the 'top-of-the-store'.

My question for myself is:
- "What is it going to look like for me on the ground ... and will someone with a uniform of one stripe or another decide that i am the enemy?"

What about the 'other-side', whoever they might be ...
- "What are they going to do to me if the guys with the 'uniforms' are not around to protect me?"

AND what about this?

Gerald Celente - KSFO Brian Sussman 17 June 2011
Trends Journal: Subscribe to the Trends Journal
Twitter: Gerald Celente (geraldcelente) on Twitter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBnv4jHVtf4&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Gerald Celente - KSFO Brian Sussman 17 June 2011[/ame]

Gerald Celente - Talk Radio Europe 16 June 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsknb5zm2X4&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Gerald Celente - Talk Radio Europe 16 June 2011[/ame]​

Robert ~

Last edited:

Even radical slaves have standards, Dave.
Maybe they thought you weren't worth the effort?

"The proselytizing mission has gone so far that there are formal organizations among officers and enlisted men.

"For the officers, it’s called the Officers’ Christian Fellowship; for the enlisted folks, it’s called the Christian Military Fellowship.

"And they have a three-level, or a tripartite goal, which goals they view as far more critically important than the oath, the blood oath, they all swore out to protect and preserve, support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

"There are now 737 U.S. military official installations -- it’s actually closer to 1,000 -- in 132 countries and we have variances of this Christian Taliban and the Christian al-Qaeda on every one of them. "

Pilots are notoriously independent thinkers. Were they ordered to drop bombs on American civilians i gurantee you there would be many pilots that dropped on those issuing the orders.
Indeed. See also: Posse Comitatus Act

:evil: Hey, you guys! No fair using facts and logic!

Right, George?
When you enlisted and swore your oath were you pledging your life to protect and defend the Constitution or the New Testament?

Even radical slaves have standards, Dave.
Maybe they thought you weren't worth the effort?

"The proselytizing mission has gone so far that there are formal organizations among officers and enlisted men.

"For the officers, it’s called the Officers’ Christian Fellowship; for the enlisted folks, it’s called the Christian Military Fellowship.

"And they have a three-level, or a tripartite goal, which goals they view as far more critically important than the oath, the blood oath, they all swore out to protect and preserve, support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

"There are now 737 U.S. military official installations -- it’s actually closer to 1,000 -- in 132 countries and we have variances of this Christian Taliban and the Christian al-Qaeda on every one of them. "

And still no corroboration. Gasp. :cool:

:evil: Hey, you guys! No fair using facts and logic!

Right, George?
When you enlisted and swore your oath were you pledging your life to protect and defend the Constitution or the New Testament?

I took the same oath you did.

Only you chickened out and went back on your word.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill

You're welcome.

Onward Christian Pilots

And yet this has nothing to do with your original assertion.

Apparently you have never served. The academy, for one, is NOT the military. The vast majority of the military never steps foot in the academy. EVERY time there is a scandal there we have to undergo some asinine ‘sensitivity’ or other type of training to ensure that we know they were wrong. We just underwent more religious freedom training as well. The military is OVERLY cautions of things like that. As daveman stated, even pastors do not proselytize.

As of February 2008 over 6800 members of the US armed forces had reported instances of unwanted proselytization.

"By last week, over 6,800 active duty members of the United States Marine Corp, Navy, Army and Air Force have come to our foundation pretty much as spiritual rape victims/tormentees and the shocking thing is 96% of them coming to us are Christians themselves.

"Roughly three-quarters are traditional Protestants, like Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodist. We get Mormons, we get Assembly of God, Church of Christ, Southern Baptist. One-fourth of that 96% percent of that total universe of 6,800 --- more each day --- one-quarter of that 96% are Roman Catholic.

"About 4% will be Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, Wiccan, Jain, Shinto, Native American spirituality or atheist or agnostic.

"But this is basically fundamentalist Christians who are praying (actually preying) on fellow Christians, telling them you may have thought you were Christian enough, but we are here to tell you you are not Christian enough and as a result, you will burn eternally in the fires of hell, along with all the Jews."

Last edited:

And yet this has nothing to do with your original assertion.

Apparently you have never served. The academy, for one, is NOT the military. The vast majority of the military never steps foot in the academy. EVERY time there is a scandal there we have to undergo some asinine ‘sensitivity’ or other type of training to ensure that we know they were wrong. We just underwent more religious freedom training as well. The military is OVERLY cautions of things like that. As daveman stated, even pastors do not proselytize.

George served. He enlisted in the Air Force. Two weeks after he started BMT, he faked an injury and got out.

He's a coward.

As of February 2008 over 9600 members of the US armed forces had reported instances of unwanted proselytization.

"By last week, over 6,800 active duty members of the United States Marine Corp, Navy, Army and Air Force have come to our foundation pretty much as spiritual rape victims/tormentees and the shocking thing is 96% of them coming to us are Christians themselves.

"Roughly three-quarters are traditional Protestants, like Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodist. We get Mormons, we get Assembly of God, Church of Christ, Southern Baptist. One-fourth of that 96% percent of that total universe of 6,800 --- more each day --- one-quarter of that 96% are Roman Catholic.

"About 4% will be Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, Wiccan, Jain, Shinto, Native American spirituality or atheist or agnostic.

"But this is basically fundamentalist Christians who are praying (actually preying) on fellow Christians, telling them you may have thought you were Christian enough, but we are here to tell you you are not Christian enough and as a result, you will burn eternally in the fires of hell, along with all the Jews."

You do know that citing a questionable source when asked for corroboration of that questionable source is utterly useless, don't you?

But then, you subscribe to the Big Lie. Repeat it often enough, it becomes the truth.

Read this, Dip.
If you can.

"On Sundays at the Naval Academy Chapel, at a few minutes past 11 a.m., the choir stops singing and a color guard carrying the academy flag and the American flag strides up the aisle.

"Below a cobalt blue stained-glass window of Jesus, one midshipman dips the academy flag before the altar cross, and the other dips the American flag.

"The dipping of the flag has begun this nondenominational Protestant service at the Naval Academy for 40 years. But in civilian life, the American flag is never to be dipped, and the Navy says, it is not dipped at any other worship service at the academy or at any other installation."

Clashing Over Church Ritual and Flag Protocol at the Naval Academy Chapel - New York Times

Read this, Dip.
If you can.

"On Sundays at the Naval Academy Chapel, at a few minutes past 11 a.m., the choir stops singing and a color guard carrying the academy flag and the American flag strides up the aisle.

"Below a cobalt blue stained-glass window of Jesus, one midshipman dips the academy flag before the altar cross, and the other dips the American flag.

"The dipping of the flag has begun this nondenominational Protestant service at the Naval Academy for 40 years. But in civilian life, the American flag is never to be dipped, and the Navy says, it is not dipped at any other worship service at the academy or at any other installation."

Clashing Over Church Ritual and Flag Protocol at the Naval Academy Chapel - New York Times
How does a story about the Naval Academy corroborate claims made about the Air Force Academy?

Come back when you can be rational. If ever.

George served. He enlisted in the Air Force. Two weeks after he started BMT, he faked an injury and got out.

He's a coward.
Just based on that I would not say he is a coward. Serving is not for everyone but BMT is not serving. That is the door. You have to walk through it in order to serve. But then again, I detect some sarcasm in that statement ;)
Read this, Dip.
If you can.

And your point? That a symbolic tradition of one Christian service is different than other services? Are we to complain that Jews do not eat the flesh of Christ but the Catholics do? It is a controversy because some people are stupid when it comes to the flag. As long as they respect the flag then I have no care for what they do in the service and I can guarantee you that it IS respected.
As of February 2008 over 9600 members of the US armed forces had reported instances of unwanted proselytization.

9,600? Over what time period? What constitutes a report? I guess they want to talk about ‘reports’ because they do not want the actual number of confirmed events. Calling someone that reports an unwanted proselytization a ‘spiritual rape victim’ is bullshit. I can tell you that such things are taken very seriously in the military. Something that you not only seem not to understand but are purposely avoiding the truth.

“As of 30 September 2010, 1,430,895 people were on active duty”
United States Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, even if this were a snapshot of a single year, the number of unwanted proselytization reports (not actual occurrences) is LESS THAN 1% of the military. Thanks for playing.

Read this, Dip.
If you can.

How does a story about the Naval Academy corroborate claims made about the Air Force Academy?

Didn't read the link, did you, Dip?

"Mikey Weinstein, a graduate of the Air Force Academy and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a watchdog group, criticized Admiral Fowler’s decision to allow the practice to resume. 'It was an incredible act of cowardice,' he said. 'The oath he and others have taken is to protect and defend the Constitution, not the New Testament...

"Concern about the influence of conservative Christians in the military has grown since an investigation in 2005 by the Air Force found that Christian staff and faculty members at the Air Force Academy used their positions to evangelize cadets..."

Is there any subject you're not too STUPID to understand?

He's a coward.
Just based on that I would not say he is a coward. Serving is not for everyone but BMT is not serving. That is the door. You have to walk through it in order to serve. But then again, I detect some sarcasm in that statement ;)
He told me his missed his mommy. :cool:

Read this, Dip.
If you can.

Didn't read the link, did you, Dip?

"Mikey Weinstein, a graduate of the Air Force Academy and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a watchdog group, criticized Admiral Fowler’s decision to allow the practice to resume. 'It was an incredible act of cowardice,' he said. 'The oath he and others have taken is to protect and defend the Constitution, not the New Testament...

"Concern about the influence of conservative Christians in the military has grown since an investigation in 2005 by the Air Force found that Christian staff and faculty members at the Air Force Academy used their positions to evangelize cadets..."

Is there any subject you're not too STUPID to understand?

I'm not too stupid to understand that the Naval Academy and the Air Force Academy are two different institutions. You seem to have trouble with the concept, though. :lol:

Forum List

Back